Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Just for this game honouring the 1990 Memorial Cup Champs. They are being auctioned off over the next two days on eBay. Each shirt also had the name of a player from the 1990 team on the inside collar.
Tomasino’s jersey is already over $500.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Back from Vacation, let's end the weekend on a strong note. Gens win 5-3 GWG Harrison

TommyV27

Sep 20, 2019
Section 104 is off the ship, but hanging around in Florida for another week.

Looking for retribution tonight with a 5-1 Gens win, Harrison with the winner.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
First half of the game was pretty even. Thought the Gens dominated the 2nd half of it. Good fight from the team to have that Neumann goal called off and refs miss a 4 minute powerplay high stick on Neumann 2 seconds later off the next draw. Still came back from that and went to OT

Jesus just blew that 2-on-1 and missed the net completely for a 3-on-1 the other way for the OT winner

Silovs was also really good tonight

Last edited:

OHLCynic

Mar 24, 2017
I have watched a few Gens games in the last couple weeks. One thing that has really stood out is the number of odd man rushes that are given up. I have also been surprised how often Vallati seems to be the one with the ill advised pinch/giveaway. Is this par for the course, or have I just seen a few examples that don't reflect the norm?

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
That's been the 'norm' this year. Gens goalies left hung out to dry (save) way too often.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I have watched a few Gens games in the last couple weeks. One thing that has really stood out is the number of odd man rushes that are given up. I have also been surprised how often Vallati seems to be the one with the ill advised pinch/giveaway. Is this par for the course, or have I just seen a few examples that don't reflect the norm?

Vallati hasn't been good this year

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Vallati is honestly the worst D man on the team this year, performance wise.

We have 4-5 potential OAs next year and I hope he isn't one of them.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Vallati is honestly the worst D man on the team this year, performance wise.

We have 4-5 potential OAs next year and I hope he isn't one of them.

I'd agree with that

I think at this point Gross is for sure gone, he's been so good and NYR will almost surely sign him

McShane is 50/50

Vallati and Kooy won't be signed. Ennis will be back.

So 3 of Vallati/Kooy/Ennis/McShane

I still don't have a good grasp of Kooy. I feel like he's been good in almost every game but hasn't been great in any of them, which is good for a goalie to be consistent but he hasn't had any of those games where he stops 36/38 and steals a win. And the fact you're going to lose Gross means an import spot is opening up so does it make more sense to draft a 1 year NHL drafted goalie to come and be your goalie in a non-OA spot. Then you can use McShane/Ennis/Vallati as your OAs and upgrade on Vallati next year if he's still not back to how he was last year

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
They wouldn't have gone after Kooy if they didn't want him next year. Atleast I don't think.

I agree Gross is all but gone but hey, strange things happen.

McShane is not having the year he needs to be signed by the Habs in June. Same with Vallati. After being one of the last guys sent back from WPG, he's not playing like he belongs.

I think you're OAs next year are going to be Ennis, Kooy and McShane. Atleast to start the year, things can change.

As for next year, many people say Pefferti is the guy they will chase, which may be so but I'd also be VERY interested in going after Thomas Harley to fill some hole in D.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
They wouldn't have gone after Kooy if they didn't want him next year. Atleast I don't think.

I agree Gross is all but gone but hey, strange things happen.

McShane is not having the year he needs to be signed by the Habs in June. Same with Vallati. After being one of the last guys sent back from WPG, he's not playing like he belongs.

I think you're OAs next year are going to be Ennis, Kooy and McShane. Atleast to start the year, things can change.

As for next year, many people say Pefferti is the guy they will chase, which may be so but I'd also be VERY interested in going after Thomas Harley to fill some hole in D.

Oh for sure they are hoping it's Kooy, I'm just saying if they deem him not to be the guy to be in net for a Mem Cup team.

If Kooy is the guy, now you can go get an elite 1 year NHL drafted F or D to add to your lineup with their 1st round import pick

The Perfetti thing was mostly because people expected SAG to go all-in this year and then be selling next year but since they got Suzuki they'll probably be going for it next year too as both him and Perfetti will be back and I guess they're hoping Lennox has the step forward next year that many assumed he'd have this year

Harley would for sure be a huge piece traded next year if he gets sent back. And if they trade Harley then you'd think Cole Schwindt would be available as well. Nick Robertson in PBO could very well be another one because they'll be bad next year as they're about to lose Jones/Thomas/SDA/Chisholm/Gallant/Paquette/Wilson/Kirk. Maybe Connor McMichael in London? They're about to lose Foudy/Merkley/Regula/Gruden/Phillips/Myskiw

Blake Murray in SBY could be another candidate, he's also a Whitby kid

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
An interesting thing on the "Tomasino will be in the NHL next year" topic, Tomasino is only 2 months older than Marco Rossi, Noel Grunler, Anton Lundell, Jack Quinn, Dylan Holloway, Conor Zary

All 2001 born late Bday forwards who will be first round picks next year, and NSH looks like they'll be picking top 10. If they pick a Rossi or Lundell, I think there's a better chance one of those 2 are in the NHL next year than Tomasino

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
It will be interesting to see what the league does with Gallant as we have two games coming up with Peterboro. At the 20 minute mark of the 3rd period against Hamilton on Sunday he got a 5 for slashing, and 2 game misconducts. He is also a repeat offender. I would expect that should be at the very least 2 if not more games.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
It will be interesting to see what the league does with Gallant as we have two games coming up with Peterboro. At the 20 minute mark of the 3rd period against Hamilton on Sunday he got a 5 for slashing, and 2 game misconducts. He is also a repeat offender. I would expect that should be at the very least 2 if not more games.

Even with the multiple suspensions, he’s also escaped suspension multiple times the last 2 years for very questionable plays, the league seems to have a soft spot for him.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
He was a -4 in the last game with Oshawa. I would much rather have him in the line up compared to Nick Robertson/Akil Thomas

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
He was a -4 in the last game with Oshawa. I would much rather have him in the line up compared to Nick Robertson/Akil Thomas

It’s too bad OSH/PBO never trade because Nick Robertson is one of the best snipers this league has seen in a decade

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

Gallant got 2 games. He'll be back for the SAT game in PBO

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
Yes Robertson would be great for Gens next year.

We really need a stud D thought to shore up what has been a regressive year for that corps, overall. No time line on Moore return?

For this weekend i'll go with:

home game
gens 5
petes 3
gwg tully

rd game in ptbo
gens 6
petes 5
gwg tomasino

sunday Nicolas mattinnee

gens 7
hammer 4