Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
The team showed incredible resolve last year v Nia after going 2 games down in 2nd round.

Great start, albeit vs weaker teams this season.

Maybe it is coaching and messaging not getting thru. Team needs a good showing in the playoffs (2nd round at a minimum) or could be time for a change I agree.

How did #29 play last night? Getting more involved? He has gotten a ton of ice this year. Hope it pays off for him.

Return date for Moore? Need him back. Defence lacking dynamic plays.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
The team showed incredible resolve last year v Nia after going 2 games down in 2nd round.

Great start, albeit vs weaker teams this season.

Maybe it is coaching and messaging not getting thru. Team needs a good showing in the playoffs (2nd round at a minimum) or could be time for a change I agree.

How did #29 play last night?
Getting more involved? He has gotten a ton of ice this year. Hope it pays off for him.

Return date for Moore? Need him back. Defence lacking dynamic plays.

nobody except Kooy was good last night. McShane was the only forward who I noticed at times

In the 3rd period the game was clearly over so Jesus/Whittaker played a ton and my god Whittaker can’t move at all. His skating is so below ohl level

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Don’t know if this is good news or bad news but Kingston was up 4-0 on Saginaw in the 3rd period tonight then gave up 5 straight goals and lost 5-4. And SAG scored the game winner with 3 seconds left

KGN will either come out tomorrow really flat and dejected or really pissed off and flying lol

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Don’t know if this is good news or bad news but Kingston was up 4-0 on Saginaw in the 3rd period tonight then gave up 5 straight goals and lost 5-4. And SAG scored the game winner with 3 seconds left

KGN will either come out tomorrow really flat and dejected or really pissed off and flying lol
I think at this point it matters more how the Gens come out. They’re starting of games have been terrible and I do agree with most posters that a start is part coaching. We did see last season how players loved Walters just wondering if that has changed? Hoping Suni will play to balance the lines out more.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I think at this point it matters more how the Gens come out. They’re starting of games have been terrible and I do agree with most posters that a start is part coaching. We did see last season how players loved Walters just wondering if that has changed? Hoping Suni will play to balance the lines out more.

One thing I can be sure of, Sportsnet will say "Shane Wright" 200,000 times tomorrow

Reactions: Nerf27

TommyV27

Sep 20, 2019
Thinking it was a good thing that we couldn’t see the Colts game on Thursday.

Let’s see if they get any inspiration from the 1990 boys..

Calling the Gens to bounce back with a 6-4 win against Kingston today, Neumann with the gwg.

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Suni's back today. Big addition to the top 6. He's 2nd in the league in points per game for a rookie with 0.85

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Forward group is all healthy for the first time, just Moore out now

Kingston is by no means an easy win but I think the Gens out-experience and out-depth them today.
5-2 OSH, McShane

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Ya very slick. Man our defence is nail biting these days. Even Gross looks off

First goal was a bad turnover by Suni, figured he'd be rusty

Last one a bad turnover by Gross, don't see that often.

Ennis/Whittaker each score though and combine for +5. They picked them up

What's funny is the Whittaker goal looked very similar to the Bill Armstrong 1990 Mem Cup winner in double OT. Left shot Dman who never scores with a long shot from where the blue line/boards meet

Reactions: Nerf27

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
First goal was a bad turnover by Suni, figured he'd be rusty

Last one a bad turnover by Gross, don't see that often.

Ennis/Whittaker each score though and combine for +5. They picked them up

What's funny is the Whittaker goal looked very similar to the Bill Armstrong 1990 Mem Cup winner in double OT. Left shot Dman who never scores with a long shot from where the blue line/boards meet
I was at that game in Hamilton as a young 20 year old.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Definitely avoided trouble with Neumann not being seriously hurt from that knee by Peric. I’ve never seen Neumann so livid

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
New retro alternate jerseys or just for the banner raising?
Just for this game honouring the 1990 Memorial Cup Champs. They are being auctioned off over the next two days on eBay. Each shirt also had the name of a player from the 1990 team on the inside collar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad