Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Yes Robertson would be great for Gens next year.

We really need a stud D thought to shore up what has been a regressive year for that corps, overall. No time line on Moore return?

For this weekend i'll go with:

home game
gens 5
petes 3
gwg tully

rd game in ptbo
gens 6
petes 5
gwg tomasino

sunday Nicolas mattinnee

gens 7
hammer 4
gwg gross
Gens 5 Petes 4
GWG: Tullio
Petes 5 Gens 4
GWG: Robertson
Gens 4 Hamilton 3
GWG: Tomasino

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Yes Robertson would be great for Gens next year.

We really need a stud D thought to shore up what has been a regressive year for that corps, overall. No time line on Moore return?

For this weekend i'll go with:

home game
gens 5
petes 3
gwg tully

rd game in ptbo
gens 6
petes 5
gwg tomasino

sunday Nicolas mattinnee

gens 7
hammer 4
gwg gross

Vukojevic would be the guy I target. He was Tomasino’s teammate in minor midget too on a really good Mississauga Rebels team

Moore practiced yesterday

Reactions: Whatanathol

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Oliver Suni with an honourable mention on Bob McKenzies mid season ranking. I get Moore is gonna drop, but I’m surprised Tullio is not getting much buzz based on the season he’s having.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Oliver Suni with an honourable mention on Bob McKenzies mid season ranking. I get Moore is gonna drop, but I’m surprised Tullio is not getting much buzz based on the season he’s having.

Yeah Tullio is for sure a better all around player than a lot of guys on the list, including suni

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Is Austin actually playing tomorrow? He’s got better defence in front of him this year. Can’t imagine we’ll see another 12 goals against on him.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Don't know how many of you follow minor midget or the Oshawa team but I think the Carson Christy to the Gens hopes have sailed. Can't see him not going in the top 7 and the Gens will prolly be around 10-13. He got the only goal tonight in a 1-0 playoff win to open round 1 vs North Central

Reactions: Whatanathol

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Don't know how many of you follow minor midget or the Oshawa team but I think the Carson Christy to the Gens hopes have sailed. Can't see him not going in the top 7 and the Gens will prolly be around 10-13. He got the only goal tonight in a 1-0 playoff win to open round 1 vs North Central
I Don't think it will matter who we draft in the 1st, if we are awarded the Memorial Cup that player will more than likely be traded.

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Gens 4 Pete’s 2 GWG Suni
Pete’s 5 Gens 2 GWG Robertson
Gens 4 Hammer 2 GWG Tomasino

freedom880

Jan 29, 2017
I Don't think it will matter who we draft in the 1st, if we are awarded the Memorial Cup that player will more than likely be traded.
Between now and the end of the season there better be some divine intervention happen to this team... gonna lose Nico, Maclean, Newman and can only sign 3 of either Kooy, Ennis, McShane or Vallati, only one on this list is worthy as an overeager. There are too many teams that will be good as or better than the Gens going in to next season...Mississauga, Barrie, Kinston in the east not to mention the west at all. The defence core is atrocious and one quality defence brought in will not solve the defences woes. Replace the whole defence and half the forward core is needed for this team to be completive if they want to host the Mem Cup

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Between now and the end of the season there better be some divine intervention happen to this team... gonna lose Nico, Maclean, Newman and can only sign 3 of either Kooy, Ennis, McShane or Vallati, only one on this list is worthy as an overeager. There are too many teams that will be good as or better than the Gens going in to next season...Mississauga, Barrie, Kinston in the east not to mention the west at all. The defence core is atrocious and one quality defence brought in will not solve the defences woes. Replace the whole defence and half the forward core is needed for this team to be completive if they want to host the Mem Cup
The Generals want to host the Memorial Cup the question is will they be awarded to host the Memorial Cup.

Awagner3018

Sep 27, 2018
OSHASWA 4 PETERBOROUGH 2 GWG SUNI

OSHAWA 3 PETERBOROUGH 5 GWG THOMAS

OSHAWA 5 HAMILTON 3 GWG TOMASINO

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Gens prospect Owen Brady skated with Ajax-Pickering midgets for the first time last night

Last edited:
Reactions: GensFan

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Agree with freedom8080... a lot of holes to fill.

I think they're already in better shape than the 2015 team was half a season before that year started and that was the best Gens team of all-time

At this time in 2014, their roster looking to the next season would've been:
Josh Sterk-Cole Cassels-Michael Dal Colle
Brad Latour-Sam Harding-Hunter Smith
Jacob Busch-Aidan Wallace-Joe Manchurek
Justice Dundas-Owen McDade-Matt Hore

Josh Brown-Will Petschenig
Chris Carlile-Stephen Desrocher
Mitchell Vande Sompel-Daniel Robertson

Ken Appleby (who had never been a starter yet)
Shawn Mabley

Nobody was looking at that roster and going "oh yeah, for sure a 108 point team and will dominate Connor McDavid in the OHL finals and go on to win the Mem Cup, going undefeated"

That lineup looks extremely average but it's very easy to get good quick in junior hockey as the Gens went on to add Tobias Lindberg, Anthony Cirelli, Dakota Mermis, Matt Mistele, Michael McCarron, Brent Pedersen, Jeremy Brodeur.

The Gens got all those guys for 5 2nds, 3 3rds, 1 4th, 1 6th and their rookie first rounder.

And right now the Gens have 5 2nds, 7 3rds, 1 4th and 5 5ths

Gens already have 5 top 6 forwards in Tomasino, Tullio, McShane, Suni, Harrison and then some good depth guys in Stepien, McKinney, Gagnier, Winterton, Michaud

And already have 4 or 5 of their D for next year depending on how they decide to use their OAs

Go add another high end forward for your 1st round rookie+picks, a D man for a Michaud type+picks and then a depth forward or two and suddenly that team looks pretty good. And that's not even including the import pick which is most likely to be a stud

Last edited:

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
This team isn’t better than the 2014 team. That team under DJ smith played better defense and ran into a very strong North Bay team that year or else it could have been back to back years. Agree with you that we didn’t know appleby would be the goalie he was .

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
This team isn’t better than the 2014 team. That team under DJ smith played better defense and ran into a very strong North Bay team that year or else it could have been back to back years. Agree with you that we didn’t know appleby would be the goalie he was .

I'm not saying this year vs 2014. I'm saying looking at 2015 team 6 months ahead of time vs looking at next years team 6 months ahead of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad