Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I don’t post very often at all, but I do read all the time on the board, GeneralsUpdates I agree with at times and disagree with at times, but he has his own opinion like it or not. If you don’t like it stop coming over to the Generals message board. That being said..there is something off with this team. Coaching has not been good lately, yesterdays game it wasn’t til almost the 7min mark til someone else other than the top 2 lines saw any ice time. Personally I think we need 2 new assistants, and not use Maclean in every situation. He is a good player but he is being used way to much. He should not be on the PP he has no finish PK no problem, and move him to 3rd line centre and see what the rest of the kids got. Gotta find out soon. The Gens have a good record when Maclean is not in he line up 8-3. Again not saying he is a bad player but he his being used way too much. A lot of fans where i sit are saying the same as well. Also are D are not good with no Moore we are in trouble. Whitaker is not ready at all. But Jesus looks good I wish they would free him up a bit more. Gensupdate what do you think.?

As far as the Coaching your right but it's not Walters, I think the problem lye with the two assistance coaches McIver & Nemesis, seems to me they do nothing. Feel sorry for Walters that he couldn't bring his own Assistance coaches in. Also coming into the season I thought that our defense would be one of our strong points but boy was I mistaken, worst I saw in years. Hope in the off season Hunt gets rid of the two assistances and Walters brings in his assistances.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
As far as the Coaching your right but it's not Walters, I think the problem lye with the two assistance coaches McIver & Nemesis, seems to me they do nothing. Feel sorry for Walters that he couldn't bring his own Assistance coaches in. Also coming into the season I thought that our defense would be one of our strong points but boy was I mistaken, worst I saw in years. Hope in the off season Hunt gets rid of the two assistances and Walters brings in his assistances.

You've said this a couple times but I'm wondering what you base this off of. Are you at every practice? Do they let you in team meetings?

I'm going to guess the answer to both is no, which you'd have to be at in order to know if this is true or not..

Also coming into the season I thought that our defense would be one of our strong points but boy was I mistaken, worst I saw in years.

The Gens have had 3 goalies who are all under .900 save % this year and despite that they've given up the 4th fewest goals against in the conference. The defence is most definitely a strength of this team

Last edited:

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Just thinking out loud here, and perhaps too far into the future, but if we assume for the sake of argument a few things:
a)Whitby native Connor McMichael returns to the O next season.
b)Oshawa will be making a championship run next year.
c)Knights will be 'selling' next year.
[Again, all assumptions]
Would a McMichael for Harrison (London kid) trade be mutually beneficial?
I suppose one could argue that next season, Harrison would be in his sophomore year, and would likely contribute significantly in an offensive role, and for that reason if might not make sense to move him. Or perhaps McMichael would just be too good to pass up even if it means moving Harrison.
Or, alternately, Oshawa could send their first round pick 2020 (PLUS...???) to London in exchange for McMichael depending on the Hunters' timeline for another run. Admittedly, I'm jumping the gun here since a lot could happen in a year's time. These two teams are known to collaborate. Thoughts?

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Just thinking out loud here, and perhaps too far into the future, but if we assume for the sake of argument a few things:
[Again, all assumptions]
I suppose one could argue that next season, Harrison would be in his sophomore year, and would likely contribute significantly in an offensive role, and for that reason if might not make sense to move him. Or perhaps McMichael would just be too good to pass up even if it means moving Harrison.
Or, alternately, Oshawa could send their first round pick 2020 (PLUS...???) to London in exchange for McMichael depending on the Hunters' timeline for another run. Admittedly, I'm jumping the gun here since a lot could happen in a year's time. These two teams are known to collaborate. Thoughts?
Interesting. However the way Harrison is contributing in his rookie season I’d see him as a piece in the top 6 next year and wanting to add. I’d think that in an all in next year that whomever gets drafted first is as good as gone. I think there are still 6 seconds to play with as well. And yes Oshawa and London are known to be trading partners.

Reactions: nelli27

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
You've said this a couple times but I'm wondering what you base this off of. Are you at every practice? Do they let you in team meetings?

I'm going to guess the answer to both is no, which you'd have to be at in order to know if this is true or not..

The Gens have had 3 goalies who are all under .900 save % this year and despite that they've given up the 4th fewest goals against in the entire league. The defence is most definitely a strength of this team
I don't have to go to the practices to see the lack of defensive play,but whatever if you're happy with the way they are playing I guess that's all that matters.

Reactions: The Little General

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
[Again, all assumptions]

London would probably rather Oshawa's first rounder from next year because they'd get an extra season out of him, but yes if McMichael is available that'd be someone the Gens would definitely love to target, he could be the best player in the league next year and he's born and played minor hockey 10 minutes from here. If London did rather Harrison, I'd do that too obviously if the Gens get the Memorial Cup. Harrison is going to be a stud in this league and will probably get around 60 points next year but McMichael already is one and could get 130 points next year.

Imagine a Tomasino-McMichael-Tullio line.... Jesus

But I don't think he'd be available. London still has quiet a few pieces next year, they should still be pretty decent

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I don't have to go to the practices to see the lack of defensive play,but whatever if you're happy with the way they are playing I guess that's all that matters.

I'm just asking what you're using to backup your point

I quoted the literal numbers. They have given up the 4th fewest goals against in the conference despite below .900 save % from every goalie they've had this year. The only 3 teams with fewer goals against than them all have top 3 goalies in the East

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Since being moved into the Gens top 6, Brett Harrison has been the best true rookie in the OHL in terms of goals. He's going to be a star in this league

Also Daniel Michaud has the same number of points (in the same number of games) as Mason McTavish does in 2020. Maybe northern voice was a bit premature in naming him the best player in the history of hockey....

Also Mason McTavish has more multi-goal games than Michaud has points (in the same number of games) but Michaud should still win ROY...

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Also Mason McTavish has more multi-goal games than Michaud has points (in the same number of games) but Michaud should still win ROY...
As you have said many times. Why are you posting on our board. Go back to your own. So take your own advice.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

Hahahaha wait you’re actually going for a “Gens fans are saying Michaud should win ROY” narrative???? That might literally be the biggest reach of all time. Congrats

Petes fans have outdone themselves yet again

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Hahahaha wait you’re actually going for a “Gens fans are saying Michaud should win ROY” narrative???? That might literally be the biggest reach of all time. Congrats

Petes fans have outdone themselves yet again
Kinda like how Hockey Pops picked apart your reach to prove your post was all twisted up to make gens look better than players who are clearly doing better? Then you tried to take another ridiculous shot at a Petes player and fan just because? I think someone just has a bad case of green eyed monster.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Kinda like how Hockey Pops picked apart your reach to prove your post was all twisted up to make gens look better than players who are clearly doing better? Then you tried to take another ridiculous shot at a Petes player and fan just because? I think someone just has a bad case of green eyed monster.

You (and other fans reading this) need to understand the difference between an opinion and literal facts. "Player A is better than Player B" sure thats an opinion and you can argue whether you believe that to be true or not (but that's not what I posted).

Posting the literal data and saying here are the numbers over this span of time, is not an opinion. Those are just the facts. Petes fans being obsessed with reading the Gens thread and then sprinting in (or in your case jumping in a week later) to be like WOAH YOU'RE SAYING HARRISON IS BETTER is really funny. I was just outlining how good Harrison has been lately. This is a Gens thread. Saying a Gens player has been good lately, in the Gens thread, seems like the place for that kind of comment, no?

I'll say to you what I said to dirty12 (who then apologized because he misconstrued what I was saying), your team is FINALLY good for once. You only have less than half a season of that being the case left. Go enjoy it and stop trying to start anonymous fights on your "rival" teams messageboard lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Nerf27

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
I think there is nothing wrong with posting on other teams boards. Sometimes posters on our board with all their hockey passion can come across as difficult....:popcorn:
and im talking about a very passionate fan on our site who i love that they provide a lot of information from the inside through a certain contact with team but need to sometimes not take everything so literal and serious but be engaged as fans do every night in every arena. Some fans are happy with how our team plays and some want to offer their opinions as to what needs to be improved. Ultimately we are all passionate about our teams and want ultimate success. These are kids and sometimes we get blurred because we pay 500 plus bucks for our seat and we want to be heard. Come to the back of section 118 sometime and you will hear spirited talk both sides critiquing every period and game, coaching and managing style. I think we all need to chill and see the passion we have for our team and appreciate the passion likewise fans from other teams have for their teams.... Lets face it we all can be Homers and there is nothing wrong with that... Lol... cheers

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
I think there is nothing wrong with posting on other teams boards. Sometimes posters on our board with all their hockey passion can come across as difficult....:popcorn:
and im talking about a very passionate fan on our site who i love that they provide a lot of information from the inside through a certain contact with team but need to sometimes not take everything so literal and serious but be engaged as fans do every night in every arena. Some fans are happy with how our team plays and some want to offer their opinions as to what needs to be improved. Ultimately we are all passionate about our teams and want ultimate success. These are kids and sometimes we get blurred because we pay 500 plus bucks for our seat and we want to be heard. Come to the back of section 118 sometime and you will hear spirited talk both sides critiquing every period and game, coaching and managing style. I think we all need to chill and see the passion we have for our team and appreciate the passion likewise fans from other teams have for their teams.... Lets face it we all can be Homers and there is nothing wrong with that... Lol... cheers
Agree with most of this. Very well said.
I pay my $$ for a couple Centre ice seats and while I totally agree with criticism where warranted I would never yell within earshot at a player calling him a bum or worse and or do the same on here. Fine line between criticism and critical. I also agree that anyone can have a discussion on other teams boards but when it’s a blatant attempt to start something when someone is simply posting stats of their team players to pump them to their own fans I simply don’t understand how that effects their day. Its like the 3 star selection. Who cares! It’s a promotional thing to have players give sticks to little kids who worship these players. Of course the home team will try to pick as many as they can from their team. Anyways. What’s the standings on game picks Updates? lol.

Reactions: three dog night

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

Oh without a doubt, there a handful of non-Gens OHL fans I talk to almost every day, one of them being the user "Petes" on here (A Gens and Petes fan talking woah). I have no problem with people coming on our board and talking about anything. Just becomes a little much when they come on and complain about something that didn't even happen, like complaining that I said Harrison is the best rookie ever or even more laughable complaining that apparently Gens fans think Michaud should win ROY (when in reality there have been several convos from fans saying he shouldn't even be on the team lol, although he has been better of late).

The anonymity causes people to say things they never would in real life, which sucks but is something that'll never be ridden of a messageboard like this. You take the good with the bad

Reactions: Nerf27

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
..... Anyways. What’s the standings on game picks Updates? lol.

Gens HFBoards Standings:
Last Game Calculated: Jan 20 @ OS

GeneralsUpdates: 33
GensFan2k2: 32
Chipmunk: 30
Nerf27: 28
GeneralConversation: 27
ThreeDogNight: 24
TommyV27: 24
GenerallyAllBusiness: 23
Hush10: 22
AWagner3018: 16
TuckerFan1: 15
WhatAnAthol: 15
Reeno: 11
ViewFromSection9: 7
Nelli27: 4
Dirty12: 2
OshawaFan2018: 1
SpezzaNoLookDropPass: 1
sbpointer: 1
veteranopinion: 0
Freedom880: 0

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
You (and other fans reading this) need to understand the difference between an opinion and literal facts. "Player A is better than Player B" sure thats an opinion and you can argue whether you believe that to be true or not (but that's not what I posted).

Posting the literal data and saying here are the numbers over this span of time, is not an opinion. Those are just the facts. Petes fans being obsessed with reading the Gens thread and then sprinting in (or in your case jumping in a week later) to be like WOAH YOU'RE SAYING HARRISON IS BETTER is really funny. I was just outlining how good Harrison has been lately. This is a Gens thread. Saying a Gens player has been good lately, in the Gens thread, seems like the place for that kind of comment, no?

I'll say to you what I said to dirty12 (who then apologized because he misconstrued what I was saying), your team is FINALLY good for once. You only have less than half a season of that being the case left. Go enjoy it and stop trying to start anonymous fights on your "rival" teams messageboard lol
You posted literal data just as I did. You compared data over a given time period just as I did. If you don’t want outside fans to comment on your posts or you get offended insanely easy then why not just DM people you want to post with? Last time I checked this is a PUBLIC forum where everyone can post everywhere.

Now my opinion is that both McTavish and Harrison are great rookies and are having great seasons but neither of them are likely to win ROY.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
You posted literal data just as I did. You compared data over a given time period just as I did. If you don’t want outside fans to comment on your posts or you get offended insanely easy then why not just DM people you want to post with? Last time I checked this is a PUBLIC forum where everyone can post everywhere.

Now my opinion is that both McTavish and Harrison are great rookies and are having great seasons but neither of them are likely to win ROY.

I'm not the least bit offended. You're the one who came onto here with a gripe about my post, not the other way around. If I didn't want to talk to other fans I wouldn't respond to them when they post in the Gens thread.

And agreed, McTavish and Harrison would surely finish 2/3 in ROY voting if the season ended today

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
some good posts ty for the info, opinion, insight and banter.

next 3 games i'll take:

jan 23

osh 4
bar 3
gwg #26

jan 25

osh 5
k town 3
gwg # 44

jan 26

osh 6
bar 3
gwg gagnier

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
some good posts ty for the info, opinion, insight and banter.

next 3 games i'll take:

jan 23

osh 4
bar 3
gwg #26

jan 25

osh 5
k town 3
gwg # 44

jan 26

osh 6
bar 3