Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
But it just adds a new position of greatest concern, which is defence and effort whenever Merkley is on the ice lol. He's very talented, but he's not the type of player you win with. He's the type of player you get to the 2nd round with and then upderperform and he goes out in a blaze of glory with the fans hating him and him hating the fans lol. Josh Ho-Sang 2.0

Maybe. We’ll know for sure by the end of 2020.

Reactions: Generalsupdates

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
Really? The Petes just filled their position of greatest concern for next 1.5 years with the best offensive D.
Well the Petes gave up a ton of stuff plus a very good offensive player to get a very good offensive player. Granted Merkley is highly talented, but he’s not a great defender. So I still think Guelph made out like bandits, without even considering the potential attitude problem.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Nice game from the Sarnia boys. Walters had this team coming out ready to play tonight, even without Studnicka/Keyser/Gross/Eggenberger

A lot is made about how good Eggenberger has been this year (and rightfully so) but Antropov now has more points than him and has only played 1 more game. Very quietly a really good season for Antropov, who has done it without playing with Studnicka or Noel this season

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Any Oshawa fans coming tomorrow night to Niagara

Normally I would but it likely won't be pretty. Niagara with the majority of their pre-Robertson trade roster (plus Paquette) and Gens missing their goalie, 2 of their best forwards and top D-man. It sucks we only get to play twice a year and one of the games the Gens are nowhere near what they actually are

Reactions: three dog night

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Best game they have played as a team all year start to finish. Liked the hitting tonight. Liked Rupolli standing up for a teammate. And wait for it Gens Updates ......Walters had them ready and was really engaged with the players all game which I liked to see and hope it continues. Hughes looked good. Moves well and was in position to make the save.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Best game they have played as a team all year start to finish. Liked the hitting tonight. Liked Rupolli standing up for a teammate. And wait for it Gens Updates ......Walters had them ready and was really engaged with the players all game which I liked to see and hope it continues. Hughes looked good. Moves well and was in position to make the save.

Rupoli standing up for a teammate did cost Hughes a shutout though...

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
True but just liked the grit they showed

Rupoli does seem to have learned from Allen. Whenever there's a questionable hit against a Gens player he's always trying to get someone off the ice so he can jump on and confront the player. But I'll never be a fan of the 2/5/10 as a way to say "don't do that". I 100% get why they do it, but I don't think it works at all

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Rupoli does seem to have learned from Allen. Whenever there's a questionable hit against a Gens player he's always trying to get someone off the ice so he can jump on and confront the player. But I'll never be a fan of the 2/5/10 as a way to say "don't do that". I 100% get why they do it, but I don't think it works at all
That whole 2/5/10 can be debated forever. I still say you get ride of that you get rid of dirty hockey or going after skilled or small players. That’s what I am not a fan of. The acknowledgement Rupoli got when he came to the bench from his teammates says it all to me.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
That whole 2/5/10 can be debated forever. I still say you get ride of that you get rid of dirty hockey or going after skilled or small players. That’s what I am not a fan of. The acknowledgement Rupoli got when he came to the bench from his teammates says it all to me.

Except there never used to be the 2/5/10 and there were way more dirty hits back then. People try to fight Navrin Mutter, Tom Wilson, *insert pest here* almost every game after he throws those hits, yet he still throws them every single game

Last night it didn’t matter. But if it was a 1-1 game and Rupoli did that and Hamilton scored on the powerplay and won 2-1, is a loss worth the bench acknowledging him when he comes back to the bench? To me it’s not.

Half the time it’s a guy who’s not even a fighter who has to step up. Like when antropov fought Hatcher. In those cases you get a guy like antro who has to get beat him and you give Sarnia a powerplay (which they scored on) and now Antro is gone for 17 minutes. And do you think Hatcher is sitting in the boxing thinking, well I just beat up Antropov, so now I should never throw that hit again.... there’s no chance. He’s fired up he just got his team a powerplay and got to beat up someone in a fight

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
In Brock Otten’s annual deadline guessing post, he guesses the Gens get Brahaney for Blacker+2nd+3rd and Ryan McLeod for Wong+2nd+2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad