Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I’ll take that effort every single night. Absolutely dominated the Petes from start to finish. All you can do is laugh with these refs. The offside no goal is annoying because it was a full minute before the goal went in, but fine he just sucks at his job. The puck being loose in the crease and getting banged in to tie the game in the final minute, only for it to be waived off because the ref just didn’t move and stayed behind the net where he couldn’t see the puck is beyond frustrating.

But whatever, that effort will get you a win most of the time. They just need to realize that teams like PBO will just back right in so you can’t beat them with speed and you need to send guys to the front of the net. Both the 3rd period goals for the Gens tonight were because they sent guys to the net. When they struggle to score it’s usually because they stay outside and the goalie has an easy time stopping shots from far out with no screen

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
I’ll take that effort every single night. Absolutely dominated the Petes from start to finish. All you can do is laugh with these refs. The offside no goal is annoying because it was a full minute before the goal went in, but fine he just sucks at his job. The puck being loose in the crease and getting banged in to tie the game in the final minute, only for it to be waived off because the ref just didn’t move and stayed behind the net where he couldn’t see the puck is beyond frustrating.

But whatever, that effort will get you a win most of the time. They just need to realize that teams like PBO will just back right in so you can’t beat them with speed and you need to send guys to the front of the net. Both the 3rd period goals for the Gens tonight were because they sent guys to the net. When they struggle to score it’s usually because they stay outside and the goalie has an easy time stopping shots from far out with no screen
Haha offside review is always a no goal when it’s...offside..and a shove in after the whistle is no goal your own team didn’t even argue. Petes hung on for sure but it’s not like Jones was awesome either ! Anyways long season hopefully Petes have 2 of 3 hurt back for next game.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Haha offside review is always a no goal when it’s...offside..and a shove in after the whistle is no goal your own team didn’t even argue. Petes hung on for sure but it’s not like Jones was awesome either ! Anyways long season hopefully Petes have 2 of 3 hurt back for next game.

The second goal was because the ref lost the puck (which was loose in the crease) not because of any shoving lol. And all 5 Gens on the ice argued it but it’s non reviewable so I don’t know what you expected them to do

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
The second goal was because the ref lost the puck (which was loose in the crease) not because of any shoving lol. And all 5 Gens on the ice argued it but it’s non reviewable so I don’t know what you expected them to do
We’re you watching on tv cause it was quite clear. Had puck covered, whistle blew got shoved in after ..even your own play by play guy said it lol Good effort by the Gens though hopefully Petes will have a closer to full roster next game.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
We’re you watching on tv cause it was quite clear. Had puck covered, whistle blew got shoved in after ..even your own play by play guy said it lol Good effort by the Gens though hopefully Petes will have a closer to full roster next game.

The explanation from the ref to Greg Walters was that he lost sight of the puck and it’s a judgement call so he couldn’t review it. Hopefully Declan Chisholm can stay healthy. He’s a good player when he’s on the ice

Awagner3018

Sep 27, 2018
Thoughts on the game

I thought eggenberger was the best general on the ice tonight. Waaaay better than his import counter part liam kirk.

I also really liked the play of the rookies.

Was slightly less impressed with the turnover brassard a couple that made you scratch your head.

Also for die hard fans. Jones seemed to be putting the puck out of play on the dump ins quite a bit even on slow rollers why isnt this delay of game ?

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Thoughts on the game

I thought eggenberger was the best general on the ice tonight. Waaaay better than his import counter part liam kirk.

Was slightly less impressed with the turnover brassard a couple that made you scratch your head.

Also for die hard fans. Jones seemed to be putting the puck out of play on the dump ins quite a bit even on slow rollers why isnt this delay of game ?
Eggenberger is deadly everytime he’s on the ice not real physical but his size allows him to dominate, tough guy to defend with an extra gear. Yup Kirks been just ok has to get more involved and stronger may not ever be in his game I’m afraid

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Thoughts on the game

Yeah every dump in he just flipped out of play rather than catch and set his team up to breakout. The Gens never made him pay though. What I didn’t like is that they kept giving the 4th line the offensive zone starts after all these whistles. I get that the line needs to play and you don’t want them starting in the defensive zone, but you’re just letting Jones off the hook if he’s going to keep giving you O-zone draws and you keep putting out the 4th line for them

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
These are only my thoughts

I’m not sure if the right coach was hired. I know that no coach will be the same as DJ Smith but this coach seems very passive and let’s his assistants seemingly do the coaching from the bench. Just my opinion from obviously limited viewing. I could be wrong as it’s early.

Something doesn’t fit right with the team either. For a supposed top team I don’t know if you could say we have a top 6 or significant role players. We have strong individual efforts from players like studnicka , Noel, mcshane etc. I don’t mean selfish. I mean no flow or line strength just those talented players can make impact but something is missing.

I don’t know if a good old blockbuster addresses anything but without studnicka and Keyser next year then it’s either go for it this year or build for next year. Just my thoughts.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
I didn’t like the play of anyone last night. Noel had a few good chances as usual, but it felt like the puck was bobbling on everyone’s stick. Studnicka was nailed a couple times, Brassard was crushed from behind. Thought those moments would’ve fired up the team, but we got nothing out of it. Put tons of pucks on net, but no real threatening chances.

Not sure if it was just because the Pete’s were playing a trap style of hockey which slowed the game down or the team just had no jump. Hoping for a better performance on Sunday

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Since hes putting it out on purpose and its not a save? Isnt it delay of game ?

No. You have to have possession and it to go put of play for it to be a penalty. Most goalies would just catch it and play it so they get possession but he was just giving up draws in husband dzone all night (there were like 70 total faceoffs last night) but the Gens never made him pay

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I agree with you both Gensfan and tucker. The talent is certainly there but none of the lines seem to be meshing great so far. I’d like to see them get a Hayden McCool type (although preferably a 99 not an OA) who will go to the front of the net and cause havoc. That’s how they got both goals in the 3rd last night. Let Studnicka/Noel on the top line and McShane/Wong on line 2 dance and make plays while those power forwards go to the front and make the goalie work. Our 3rd line of Henderson-Antropov-Tullio actually does that pretty well I think

PEPSIHEAD

May 15, 2004
I think with no threat of retribution (Sean Allen) teams are going to take liberties with our star players. We didn’t necessarily need Allen to fight, just be a presence on the ice.

Anyways here is my pick for tonight’s game:

Oshawa 5

Hammy 4

GWG: Noel

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I think with no threat of retribution (Sean Allen) teams are going to take liberties with our star players. We didn’t necessarily need Allen to fight, just be a presence on the ice.

Anyways here is my pick for tonight’s game:

Oshawa 5

Hammy 4

GWG: Noel

If Allen is on the ice and Fraser catches Studnicka with his head down, do you think he doesn’t hit him? That doesn’t change anything other than the Gens being shorthanded because they get a 2/5/10. In the PBO game on Friday the Gens actually out-hit them by 17 (37-20)

PEPSIHEAD

May 15, 2004
If Allen is on the ice and Fraser catches Studnicka with his head down, do you think he doesn’t hit him? That doesn’t change anything other than the Gens being shorthanded because they get a 2/5/10. In the PBO game on Friday the Gens actually out-hit them by 17 (37-20)

I bet you he thinks twice about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad