Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Wonder if they consider going Keyser starter and Peccia backup when he’s starting. And when they give the backup goalie a start then go Ceci-Keyser and sit one of Henderson/Commisso

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Brazeau from north bay would be a huge get. He has size and skill. Might cost a player and a second, third.

Was thinking yesterday that Brazeau would be a good pick up. Don’t know if the Gens will be the team, but I imagine North Bay could get a decent return for him.

GensBrandon

Dec 19, 2015
I think it is important to look around the league here. There are 4, maybe 5 buyers this season. A lot of teams almost HAVE TO send some players out to contenders. I think costs for a player like Brazeau or Saigeon are lower than they have been in the past. Too many sellers for the market to be an expensive one.

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
4-3 OSH, McShane

Side note: Renars Krastenbergs got signed by Pittsburgh's AHL team after a good camp

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Commisso to Guelph for 2 2nds and a 5th. Gens now have 3 OA's (Brassard, Henderson, Ceci). He can't be done though. You don't use an OA on a backup goalie on a good team and Keyser is supposed to be back soon (tonight?)

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Gens now have just 12 forwards. There must be another deal in the works.

Agreed. Although they still do have the rights to Hewitson

Updated depth chart:
F Lines:
McShane-Studnicka-Noel
Antropov-Henderson-Tullio
Eggenberger-MacLean-Wong
Drouin-Robinson-Resnick

D Pairings:
Brewer-Brassard
Ennis-Vallati
Gross-Franche
Rupoli
Hurt: Blacker

Keyser
Ceci/Peccia

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
I would have to think that ceci will be dropped and another stronger OA added now. Like I said earlier I would be targeting Brazeau from North Bay or Saigeon from Hamilton. Have to to think those two seconds would be in play plus for one of those guys.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Frustrating game because OS did next to nothing for 52 minutes yet the Gens don't get any points because of a brutal first 7 minutes.

More frustrating because this offence is super dynamic but they get a rookie goalie making his 1st OHL start and couldn't have made it much easier for him. Did he even make 1 nice save all night? Saying that, the Gens did hit 3 posts and missed 2 wide open nets, so even with how lethargic the offence was, they still had their chances.

I'd expect a move coming soon. Dressing 10 fowards while Ceci sits on the bench doesn't make a ton of sense. Gens are 2 F's away from being really, really good. I'd like a scorer and a Isaac Nurse gritty type but we'll see what Hunt does

The good news: barring an Oshawa/Owen Sound final, we don't have to listen to those commentators again this season... I don't know if I've heard a jr hockey crew have less of a clue than those guys. That was tough to listen to

nofriendsinhockey

Aug 31, 2018
Frustrating game because OS did next to nothing for 52 minutes yet the Gens don't get any points because of a brutal first 7 minutes.

More frustrating because this offence is super dynamic but they get a rookie goalie making his 1st OHL start and couldn't have made it much easier for him. Did he even make 1 nice save all night? Saying that, the Gens did hit 3 posts and missed 2 wide open nets, so even with how lethargic the offence was, they still had their chances.

I'd expect a move coming soon. Dressing 10 fowards while Ceci sits on the bench doesn't make a ton of sense. Gens are 2 F's away from being really, really good. I'd like a scorer and a Isaac Nurse gritty type but we'll see what Hunt does

The good news: barring an Oshawa/Owen Sound final, we don't have to listen to those commentators again this season... I don't know if I've heard a jr hockey crew have less of a clue than those guys. That was tough to listen to

Give OS goalie some credit. First OHL game is a win against the mighty OG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad