Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vouve

Dec 8, 2015
What happened?
The mismanaged 99 draft is what happened. You don't win if you do t have 19 and 20 year olds that have been developed properly both on the club and with their affiliates.

Reactions: three dog night

member 307081

Pu was a good oh l player but dealt for mccaron to win a mem cup which was worth it. Not having a second or third was bad and hurt us but in the fourth we drafted stillman and ended up trading him for a few seconds i beleive. Commisso was traded for two future seconds but yes your right it did not help us right now not a single player we drafted that year is on the team

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
What happened?
The mismanaged 99 draft is what happened. You don't win if you do t have 19 and 20 year olds that have been developed properly both on the club and with their affiliates.

That’s tough to blame them for the 99 draft though.... thats the draft after winning the memorial cup so they had no picks and hit a homerun with Studnicka at 21st overall and another homerun with Kyle MacLean at 78th overall. Those were their only 2 picks in the top 4 rounds and killed both. Also then got Keyser for just a 2nd (wow what a trade) and Brassard for just a 2nd and 2 3rds

All the moves Hunt has made lately (getting ‘00 Vallati and trading Commisso for picks) kind of shows that he plans on going for it next year doesn’t it?

Last edited:

member 307081

Correct and he gets the puck out of the zone quick has good outlet passes and good awareness in the dzone but yet they sit him every game or play him on 4th line as a forward , I'm not saying he be 1st defensive pair or anything but he definitely should be in the lineup. Also like having drouin play regularly on the fourth line.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Correct and he gets the puck out of the zone quick has good outlet passes and good awareness in the dzone but yet they sit him every game or play him on 4th line as a forward , I'm not saying he be 1st defensive pair or anything but he definitely should be in the lineup. Also like having drouin play regularly on the fourth line.

Agreed on both. I don't need to see any more Rupoli. Give me more Franche and Drouin. Also would love to see Robinson get more top 9 minutes

Reactions: Generalsfan91

member 307081

Tullio and Robinson will be playing in the under 17s so it looks like they will miss 3 games and correct me if im wrong generalsupdates but I believe we will see dawson mckinney called up and in most likely will get some 4th line action.

Reactions: Generalsupdates

member 307081

I wouldnt mind trading for another forward that has this season and next season left but preferably a forward who has this season and two more season left would be nice but expensive.

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Again an OA position can’t be wasted on a back up goalie when you are supposed to be trending upwards in the standings.

This is a big three games for the generals this weekend. It’s early but if they bury themselves by December then players not back next year must be looked at being moved. I stress though it’s early but to me with acquiring a stronger OA now they must acquire a capable back up who might project as a starter next year as well.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
This is a big three games for the generals this weekend. It’s early but if they bury themselves by December then players not back next year must be looked at being moved. I stress though it’s early but to me with acquiring a stronger OA now they must acquire a capable back up who might project as a starter next year as well.

I assume that they’ll go the Sudbury/Barrie/Saginaw route and acquire a starting goalie in the Euro draft year. A 1 year NHL drafted guy who will come in and be good right away. So really I'd be looking for a 2000 born goalie who can be the backup this year and next year. Or just a decent 99 who you then let walk after this year and have Paputsakis be the backup next year

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Tonight was very similar to the last game vs the Petes in Oshawa, but a better result this time. Dominated the majority of the game and got rewarded. Will be a tough test tomorrow night on the road in London, who was off tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad