Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Frustrating game because OS did next to nothing for 52 minutes yet the Gens don't get any points because of a brutal first 7 minutes.

More frustrating because this offence is super dynamic but they get a rookie goalie making his 1st OHL start and couldn't have made it much easier for him. Did he even make 1 nice save all night? Saying that, the Gens did hit 3 posts and missed 2 wide open nets, so even with how lethargic the offence was, they still had their chances.

I'd expect a move coming soon. Dressing 10 fowards while Ceci sits on the bench doesn't make a ton of sense. Gens are 2 F's away from being really, really good. I'd like a scorer and a Isaac Nurse gritty type but we'll see what Hunt does

The good news: barring an Oshawa/Owen Sound final, we don't have to listen to those commentators again this season... I don't know if I've heard a jr hockey crew have less of a clue than those guys. That was tough to listen to
Cmon now that goalie had to hold the fort on a 2 minute five on three with another two minutes tacked on the back end , then a double minor kill.
He made some nice point blanc saves as well.
Credit where due, please.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Cmon now that goalie had to hold the fort on a 2 minute five on three with another two minutes tacked on the back end , then a double minor kill.
He made some nice point blanc saves as well.
Credit where due, please.

The Gens had what, 1 shot on the 5-on-3? The Gens had about 5-6 chances in the whole game and they scored 2 goals and hit 3 posts. He did enough to win, that's about all I can give him.

I will give credit where it's due though, the OS defence is legit. One of the best top 4's in the league with Durzi/Phillips/Lyle/Bourque. They sure did help their rookie goalie have an easy night

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
The Gens had what, 1 shot on the 5-on-3? The Gens had about 5-6 chances in the whole game and they scored 2 goals and hit 3 posts. He did enough to win, that's about all I can give him.

I will give credit where it's due though, the OS defence is legit. One of the best top 4's in the league with Durzi/Phillips/Lyle/Bourque. They sure did help their rookie goalie have an easy night
Haha you have a unique nice way of being condescending! You...you....you have a gift my friend!

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Haha you have a unique nice way of being condescending! You...you....you have a gift my friend!

And you continue to try to assert yourself into conversations that you have no part in

And please, stop trying to make people think we're friends.... :laugh:

Last edited:

Generallyspeaking

Sep 18, 2018
The point blank 2 on 0 stop early in the first by the rook directly resulted in OS driving down the ice getting their 3rd (game winning) goal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
The point blank 2 on 0 stop early in the first by the rook directly resulted in OS driving down the ice getting their 3rd (game winning) goal.

“No he actually made 1 nice save during the game” isn't a hell of an argument that backs up him standing on his head... He was solid. No he didn't steal the game for them like some are acting like. It really isn't that big of a deal lol.

And yes I gave credit where it’s due. I said clearly that the OS defence outplayed the Gens forwards. The OS defence is very good

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Updated Standings after 6 games:

GensFan2k2: 6
GeneralsUpdates: 5
Pepsihead: 3
GensBrandon: 2
AWagner3018: 2
FriedmansBaldSpot: 1
SeniorJuniorFan: 1
Sakic19: 0
ViewFromSection9: 0

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Anyone know where Eric Lalonde ('01 born 4th rounder) or Zachary Paputsakis are playing this year? They don't have teams on eliteprospects and arent on their team they played on last year

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
So who will OA #3 be? Henderson has had a great start and seems to have solidified one spot and Brassard for sure the second but there is no way we go the year with Ceci as a back up OA.
I'm guessing teams like North Bay don't want to move Brazeau yet or its too early for Hamilton to move Saigeon. Oshawa could use one of those guys to really push them up the standings.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
So who will OA #3 be? Henderson has had a great start and seems to have solidified one spot and Brassard for sure the second but there is no way we go the year with Ceci as a back up OA.
I'm guessing teams like North Bay don't want to move Brazeau yet or its too early for Hamilton to move Saigeon. Oshawa could use one of those guys to really push them up the standings.

Yeah you'd assume the 3rd OA would be a forward. Another option is to wait and see if any AHL/ECHL '98s get cut and you could get them for cheaper than a normal elite OA.

Will Bitten, Jonah Gadjovich, Cam Dineen and Max Jones haven't played a game yet for their AHL teams this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad