Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
He didn’t last year in Peterborough when he got 5 and tossed for hammering Studnicka’s head into the boards, from behind. Allen was still on the team then
Oshawa’s softer now without Allen bottom line ..their captain and star player were hammered vs Petes no one even said a word I liked it before when they had some beef to their game their toughest player is 5-8 tullio kid has heart but a light weight at best

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Oshawa’s softer now without Allen bottom line ..their captain and star player were hammered vs Petes no one even said a word I liked it before when they had some beef to their game their toughest player is 5-8 tullio kid has heart but a light weight at best

Dude, stop jumping into every conversation on the Gens board. Gens fans can talk about the Gens without you feeling the need to butt in every single time with your completely outdated view of hockey

No shit the Gens are softer than they were when fighting was a big part of the game vs now how nobody does it anymore. If the Gens have Allen and he jumps Fraser for 2 clean hits and gives PBO 2 PPs does that help the Gens? No, it hurts them a whole lot. Guys who play that style of game are being pushed out of the league, hence why your board is asking you guys to move on from Fraser 24/7

And not to rip Allen because he’s really good at the physical stuff, but he got healthy scratched in Ottawa this weekend because Windsor rather used their really young Dmen over him because Ottawa is a fast team. Also the Gens do have a “tough guy” who has offensive upside in Matty Franche, but he’s out hurt. If Fraser was out like Franche is, who do your Petes have that’s “protecting all your undersized F’s? Nobody, because that’s not how the OHL is played anymore

Your Petes are finally doing well for once, enjoy it and stop trying to start fights on here everyday lol

Last edited:

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Dude, stop jumping into every conversation on the Gens board. Gens fans can talk about the Gens without you feeling the need to butt in every single time with your completely outdated view of hockey
Haha it’s a forum if you want a private chat go ahead find someone I’m just saying I liked them better with Allen they played without fear before, it’s changed their team chemistry

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
The Gens should be happy coming away with a point after being down 5 to 1. Good game for Cole Ceci.

Agreed. Hopefully that comeback gives them some confidence. I said in real time I wish Walters took a timeout before that last faceoff because it was Wong-Antropov-Vallati against their best players with 2 minutes left in OT. Why not take a timeout and go Studnicka-Noel then McShane-Eggenberger to end the game with your best guys

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I’ve defended you in the past, but dont you do the exact same thing to other teams boards.

An example of this? I'd like to think I engage in conversations with other fan bases but not constantly go into other teams threads trying to start fights by saying dumb stuff like "your 5'8 rookie is the toughest guy on your team". That's clearly just trying to be an antagonist. I've muted him now so I apologize to the other members on this thread who are sick of us going back and forth lol. Should've done that a long time ago. Some clowns will just always be clowns

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
An example of this? I'd like to think I engage in conversations with other fan bases but not constantly go into other teams threads trying to start fights by saying dumb stuff like "your 5'8 rookie is the toughest guy on your team". That's clearly just trying to be an antagonist
I truly believe tullio has the biggest heart on the team and pound for pound your toughest player agree or disagree? I watched him a ton in mmidget ...But if you’re overly sensitive I’ll try to leave you alone but it’s only you i reply to if you notice...I think you’ve got a good handle on things and are sharp it’s a good rivalry jus sayin

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
An example of this? I'd like to think I engage in conversations with other fan bases but not constantly go into other teams threads trying to start fights by saying dumb stuff like "your 5'8 rookie is the toughest guy on your team". That's clearly just trying to be an antagonist. I've muted him now so I apologize to the other members on this thread who are sick of us going back and forth lol. Should've done that a long time ago. Some clowns will just always be clowns

in the Pete’s thread a few days trolled the, over the Cuylle pick. I fpdefended you a month or so ago on the erie thread for something you said there. last week I believe you went over to the owen sound tread to take shots at their announcers. there’s more im sure. end of the day no big deal but also not much different then what that guy does

PEPSIHEAD

May 15, 2004
He didn’t last year in Peterborough when he got 5 and tossed for hammering Studnicka’s head into the boards, from behind. Allen was still on the team then

I wasn’t talking about Allen, I was talking about the guy that hit Studnicka. He would think twice about hitting Studnicka if Allen was on the ice.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
I wasn’t talking about Allen, I was talking about the guy that hit Studnicka. He would think twice about hitting Studnicka if Allen was on the ice.

He was saying that Fraser hit Studnicka last year too and Allen being on the team didn’t change that. I too wish Allen was still here, but in all the Petes vs Gens games he played in, him and Fraser never fought once.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017

No **** the Gens are softer than they were when fighting was a big part of the game vs now how nobody does it anymore. If the Gens have Allen and he jumps Fraser for 2 clean hits and gives PBO 2 PPs does that help the Gens? No, it hurts them a whole lot. Guys who play that style of game are being pushed out of the league, hence why your board is asking you guys to move on from Fraser 24/7

And not to rip Allen because he’s really good at the physical stuff, but he got healthy scratched in Ottawa this weekend because Windsor rather used their really young Dmen over him because Ottawa is a fast team. Also the Gens do have a “tough guy” who has offensive upside in Matty Franche, but he’s out hurt. If Fraser was out like Franche is, who do your Petes have that’s “protecting all your undersized F’s? Nobody, because that’s not how the OHL is played anymore

Your Petes are finally doing well for once, enjoy it and stop trying to start fights on here everyday lol
Protecting them if not Fraser how about JPJ 6-6 230 Allen will recall lol and even 16yr old Butler that Blacker will recall but I’m done for awhile I’ll let you jump around and spout

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

I know. That guy (Fraser) didn't think twice about it last year. He hammered Studnicka's head into the boards from behind and got 5 and a game last year in PBO and Allen was on the ice then

Edit: whoops just saw your comment TuckerFan1

member 307081

This team just does not seem to be clicking for some reason, I don't know if I had too high expectations or maybe this team is taking longer to adjust to the new head coach way of playing. The defensive errors have just been mind boggling so far this season it's like the opposing team enters our zone and our defence just let's them do what they want.

Reactions: Generalsupdates

member 307081

It will be interesting to see what direction hunt goes with the team but at this point it looks like this team will be lucky to get past the first round of the playoffs,ya I know it's early but I'm a season ticket holder and want results haha.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
I and several others concur with your thoughts above, Generealsfan91. They have been terrible in their own end and can't finish in the offensive end. Somewhat alarming start!

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
So are asking about last season or this season? With only 60 games left in the regular season the Gens may not have time to turn things around....but I think they will.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Only play us twice and didn’t Niagara beat you out last season and Niagara strong despite some injuries.

I personally love the "if the season ended today" posts after 3 weeks of the season (also no team in the OHL has played less games than the Gens have)

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
But there is reason to be concerned. They have had a soft schedule so far. There will definitely have to be improvement sooner than later

Reactions: PEPSIHEAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad