Confirmed with Link: Orpik returns! 1YR, $1M

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
i swear some people actually think the avalanche and caps sat down and said lets cheat the cba and guarantee a orpik buyout so he comes back to caps

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Great to see Orpik back. I wonder if this entire scenario was the plan from the beginning?

I know I am in the minority but if 44 can play a solid 3rd pair/pk/defensive situational dman, I expect he would get another 1 year contract again. I wouldn't assume this is his last right.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Nice. Regarding playing the young guys, even if he just practices half the season he's still a mentor and is making Bowie money. Who cares if he needs to sit a few.

So now, finally, can we stop the preemptive fretting about how horrible these big contracts are sure to be? Our GM clearly knows what he's doing and things can happen in the final years of a contract. The weight of evidence in favor of trusting Gmbm is far, far greater than any complaints.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Nice for playoff depth, but potential to screw up development in the regular season. Seemingly terrible partner for Bowey, forces Djoos to play the wrong side, takes up a spot over the horde of other up-and-coming LDs. Let's see how the Caps handle it...

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Hard to complain about this. With only year of term and between $1-$1.5M in cap hit, it's pretty easy to justify keeping him around even if the bottom falls out.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Serious question... when was the last time a Cup winner returned 17/18 skaters plus the starting goalie, from a Cup finals team? I mean, I can't recall this sort of stability in any year, from any team, let alone a Cup winning year.

Back to Back, baby! We darn well know they CAN do it, now they just have to (sober up) and go out and do it!

And while the band is all back together, lets say one last "Gods speed" to Jay Beagle, who left his hockey family to take care of his real family. Wish him well there, and whish he could have stayed here too!

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
But people here dont want bowey to play lol

I want Bowey to play, that's my only real reservation with this. I'm not totally confident that ifnOrpikand a young players play is equal that they'd sit Brooks down just due to familiarity.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I want Bowey to play, that's my only real reservation with this. I'm not totally confident that ifnOrpikand a young players play is equal that they'd sit Brooks down just due to familiarity.
I want Bowey in the lineup too. Orpik might end up being the 7th dman.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
YAAASSS QUEENNN!!!!

So happy bout this deal. As fans we can get into a numbers and years game when it comes to players, list management and dollars.

This is a reminder of the human element.

Half the games would be perfect. Staying healthy, teaching the kids about defending, life, training and everything in between.

Then hopefully making playoffs and being a warrior warlord god damn sexual tyrannosaurus for us again.

#back2back!!!

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
i swear some people actually think the avalanche and caps sat down and said lets cheat the cba and guarantee a orpik buyout so he comes back to caps
I think they basically did, and I'm good with it. Not that they broke any rules; they didn't. But they found a loophole and exploited it to their mutual benefit.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Caps found their Orpik receipt, turns out they out they got him from Costco, they were like hey let’s ask for the price match 4 years later, never hurts to ask, great success!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad