Confirmed with Link: orpik and grubauer to colorado for second round pick

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Wow BMac was quicker to sell than even I thought, and of course crashed HF proper.

I thought both Orp and Grub could have fetched 2nd rounders. I pegged a 2nd as my Oprik TDL value and figured it was close to the same now. Maybe it wasn't just Orpik negative value, we may also have once again overvalued Grubby a tad. BMac simply paid a premium for an injection of much needed cap space.

Anyways, I am happy with the cap space and mini youth movement . We are deep at LD anyways.

Last edited:

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
Great move. Mac again doing what so many of us wanted. Bring back the whole band now for Reirden. Love it.

Added the huge Dman tonight and now have two nice picks tomorrow for Forwards, too.

One thing I might consider... move Burt out if it creates enough room for JVR or Kane. Always wanted JVR.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
2.5m for Beagle is insane. Other than that, looks okay.
It's 750 K more than what he was making. Dominant on the pk and at face-off, one of the backbone players for this team (only hockey player who has won the Kelly Cup, Calder Cup and the Stanley Cup). Reliant fourth line player who's work ethic is bar none.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Who isn't happy - youth movement fans - and all the kids hoping for roster spots next year. But we have a chance to repeat, so sorry kiddos. If Lucas or Siggy aren't ready, we may need to ink both Kemps and Jerabek.

I am open to adding back Orpik at the deadline and eventually a D coach.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Great news.

giphy.gif

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
It's 750 K more than what he was making. Dominant on the pk and at face-off, one of the backbone players for this team (only hockey player who has won the Kelly Cup, Calder Cup and the Stanley Cup). Reliant fourth line player who's work ethic is bar none.

If that's not an argument to quiet the doubters once and for all, I don't know what is. Finally, a chance to secure the services of a certified purebred triple-proven winning Beagle.

A winner, great ethic, intangible backbone, loved by Trotz, respected by all, bottom line PK workhorse. Sounds to me like he's right on track to follow Orpik's career path!

Reactions: RandyHolt

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Can you make a bull shot? Can you make a shoe smell? Helluva grab the bull by the horns move tonight. Brian pounced on that space 2 birds with 1 stone before HF webmasters knew what hit them, and now just has to seal the deal. Just tap it in. Tappy tap. I am now thinking he signs for 8.25. Yeah baby! ;)

Last edited:

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Man I gotta head over to The Crow Buffet and post my GMBM smack talk.

The guy is a genius legend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad