Confirmed with Link: orpik and grubauer to colorado for second round pick

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
No problem with this trade. A question. Is it legal to trade a guy, have him get bought out and the sign him to a fresh contract?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
No problem with this trade. A question. Is it legal to trade a guy, have him get bought out and the sign him to a fresh contract?

yes gmbm said yesterday he could do this and was interested in bringing him back

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
I don't think he had much value. Orpik is probably the higher value player short term. I'm not sure why everyone thought Grubauer was so valuable.
This move makes me think that they bare trying to free up capspae to sign Carlson.
So the Avs main target was Orpik, who they then promptly said they didn't want and would probably buyout? No, Grubs had late first value, and tacking on Orpik lowered it by a bit.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Shenanigans from GMBM, no other word for this.

I wonder what kind of contract Ovechkin will sign. 1M annually?!

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
So Grubi get traded to Colorado and then is told he is splitting time with Varly??? Poor Grubs.. Still not a starter and now he is on a sucky team.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
His value increased this season due to increased playing time when Holtby struggled. Last season he didn't play much.
And his value may have went back down when he started in the playoffs but didnt play well. I don't see what people see in him.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
So Grubi get traded to Colorado and then is told he is splitting time with Varly??? Poor Grubs.. Still not a starter and now he is on a sucky team.

Zero issue in doing this....Grubby will come in, get acclimated to his new team, platoon until Varly gets dinged up and Grubby will never look back once he takes the starter job.

Reactions: calicapsfan

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
And his value may have went back down when he started in the playoffs but didnt play well. I don't see what people see in him.

Yeah, I don’t get the Grubyphilia. He’s an ok goalie, but he has been below average in every playoff start. Good luck winning the cup when your goalie gives up 4 goals a game.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
From what I understand, the Av's waiver of Orpik (for purpose of buyout) has a 48-hour claim window. Which means by noon tomorrow, we should know whether he has been claimed (which is doubtful) and presumably the buyout is immediate. Does BMac move to bring him back before the JC74 situation is resolved?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I wouldn't rush to bring Orpik back. Let the contract situations for Carlson and Kempny (and possibly Jerabek, Wilson, DSP, and/or Beagle) work themselves out first. After that they'll have a better idea of what the defense looks like. I'd also consider bringing in a right handed version of Orpik instead, in order to facilitate Djoos returning to his natural side of the ice. Someone like Roman Polak or Luke Schenn to fill the 3rd pairing + PK duty void as a righty.

Reactions: Raikkonen and Jags

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I wouldn't rush to bring Orpik back. Let the contract situations for Carlson and Kempny (and possibly Jerabek, Wilson, DSP, and/or Beagle) work themselves out first. After that they'll have a better idea of what the defense looks like. I'd also consider bringing in a right handed version of Orpik instead, in order to facilitate Djoos returning to his natural side of the ice. Someone like Roman Polak or Luke Schenn to fill the 3rd pairing + PK duty void as a righty.

Orpik is 10x the player Polak is. Polak won't even be in the NHL this season.

If Carlson is gone I would rather give a Hershey kid a shot, but what do I know.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA

Ugh! I still have visions of Schenn with the Leafs getting his pocket picked by Semin and Semin subsequently scoring from below the dots.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad