Confirmed with Link: orpik and grubauer to colorado for second round pick

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
I'm good with the trade. Got decent value on a player we don't need and clears cap for Carlson and co. Great to see Orpik's tenure end on a good note in DC.

Reactions: blindsideheadshot

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
We didn't need to get rid of Orpik to sign carlson. Hence we didn't need to devalue Grubs to get rid of him. Unless they are planning on more moves I don't like this.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Win-win here. Avs get Grubauer without giving up the #16, the Caps get the space to re-sign Carlson and sends Grubauer out West instead of inside their own division :thumbu:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I think it's less about Carlson than Kempny and perhaps Beagle. I'd still shop Burakovsky, though, just to gauge the market in case. It need not happen today or tomorrow but maybe next week and only more on their terms.

Reactions: calicapsfan

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
Real solid move by BMac. Always making the logical moves. Now they can still have tons of scoring depth by keeping Bura ect and plenty of room for Carlson.

I was reading there's not much separation in talent between somewhere in the 20s and around pick 50. Have a chance to pick up 3 strong prospects now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad