Orlov with the HOTY

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
When a guy goes head over tails that fast it actually doesn't hurt nearly as much as it looks like.

A hard hit along the boards, to the head, or getting caught with a shoulder to the chest hurts far more than being flipped like that.

Absolutely in this case. It's just that if he had landed the wrong way on his legs or neck especially it could have been very bad.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Absolutely in this case. It's just that if he had landed the wrong way on his legs or neck especially it could have been very bad.

For sure, I'm specifically referring to instances like this where it's heads over tails super quick.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
This was in no way clipping. Orlov is at Duchene's waist height. Marchand was at least half a foot lower if not more. Duchene's knees took no damage which is pretty much impossible with a clip.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I can't recall a player ever getting a clipping call when he's gone in backwards. If he'd skating in facing the player, then dropped to hit him that will get called a clip. If he'd waited til the last minute, then it's submarining. He was set up for the hip check before Duchene even crossed the line.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
This was in no way clipping. Orlov is at Duchene's waist height. Marchand was at least half a foot lower if not more. Duchene's knees took no damage which is pretty much impossible with a clip.

That was not a hip check.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
This is not clipping.

This type of clean excitement that gets shown on sportscenter/main stream media is what hockey needs.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
I think it's too low, his hip is right at his knees, glad he didn't get hurt. Still would have been a good hit if he was a bit higher

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I think it's too low, his hip is right at his knees, glad he didn't get hurt. Still would have been a good hit if he was a bit higher

The thing is, that's not where he hits him. It's with his shoulder in the thighs. It's still low as hell, but I think only because Duchene springs up when he cuts back.

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
Optically, what a hit. Hard to say whether it was low or not, particularly since Duchenne seemed to jump up a little as he tried to cross over.

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin
May I ask why this is a hit of the decade, and the hit Marchand on Salo is dirty and despicable?
I am open to real explanations that also consider that Marchand is 6 inch smaller than Salo, while Orlov is actually 1 inch taller than Duchene.

Let me present the evidence.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
May I ask why this is a hit of the decade, and the hit Marchand on Salo is dirty and despicable?
I am open to real explanations that also consider that Marchand is 6 inch smaller than Salo, while Orlov is actually 1 inch taller than Duchene.

Let me present the evidence.

seee how one is on the hip and one is almost below the pants....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad