Organizational Ineptitude - it ain't just Chiarelli

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
good organizations fire people they don't believe in, no matter the circumstance

look at the Flyers...they fired Hextall....an alumni!

this organization is a dumbest in sports

No arguement from me there, I'm just saying they are obsessed with a playoff berth *this year*. They're now in the desperate "ok, I think we suck, lets try and give Hitch just enough to save our asses" phase.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The fact this trade went down and Chia still has a job proves the issues are a lot more than just Chia.

IMO there are a hell of a lot more guys with paddling like hell to save their jobs from going over Niagara Falls than just Chiarelli.

Oh and thank you Pro Scouts and all the Veeps. Your doing yeomans work finding worse players than we already have.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
One of the big killers with this organization has been the drafting and development. Chiarelli had nothing when he took over.

Hes done a better job in regards to that (least we think he has but honestly its too soon to tell I think). The problem is that hes just made too many poor decisions. Bad trades, bad signings, etc. I dont need to go into them, everyone already knows. GM's make bad decisions, but you cant always be making bad decisions. For every good decision Chiarelli makes theres 4 bad decisions.

Uindicator

Sep 27, 2010
Yup. Dumbest man in hockey, hired by the dumbest owner in the league, and supported (until last week) by the dumbest fans on the board.
I think the last part is a bit harsh , more like lack of critical thinking skills and too much blind faith.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I think the last part is a bit harsh , more like lack of critical thinking skills and too much blind faith.
Lack of critical thinking skills is being kind. See the guy two posts above ... go look through his post history. He has more posts loving Chiarelli than I have total posts. Even with the events of today he still can’t admit how utterly and completely off base he was. It’s quite sad.

Reactions: booyakasha

RalphKing

Mar 28, 2017
Guys drink 1/2 a bottle of scotch and you won't be as pissed about this. I'll report back after the bottle's gone.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
If you re-watch Oil Change under the guise that it was purely satire, it may be one of the most brilliant mockumentaries of all-time.

They really should re-release it as a movie with Rob Reiner, as Marty DiBergi, at the start setting it up as a project he was doing.

Reactions: RalphKing

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
hahaha

hahahahahaha

*cough* *cough*

....hahahahaha

And I’ll say it again:

This one is as hilarious as it is a bold faced lie.

From the Oilers website.

Lowe served as the Oilers President of Hockey Operations for seven seasons and prior to that he spent eight seasons as the Oilers General Manager.
Lowe has been instrumental in the renewed success of the team, both on and off the ice

Excuse me while I go fill up a barf bag or three. Maybe even industrial diarrhoea.

Reactions: oobga

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
From the Oilers website.

Lowe served as the Oilers President of Hockey Operations for seven seasons and prior to that he spent eight seasons as the Oilers General Manager.
Lowe has been instrumental in the renewed success of the team, both on and off the ice.
tumblr_mhdumxtmwM1s32dv0o1_500.gif

Bangers

May 31, 2006
good organizations fire people they don't believe in, no matter the circumstance

look at the Flyers...they fired Hextall....an alumni!

this organization is a dumbest in sports

If the Oilers were a half-decently run organization, McLellan would have been gone in fall of 2017 and Chiarelli would have been sacked last off season.

It was 100% clear at those points that they weren't good fits for their respective roles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad