Organizational Ineptitude - it ain't just Chiarelli

BamaOil

Nov 18, 2018
Ron Hextall got mentioned a few pages back...he would actually be my pick for the next GM. I know it's gonna be Keith Gretzky, but Ron has a pretty good track record.

Most Flyers fans were pretty sad to see him go, and credit their prospect depth entirely to him. A couple of years back I think something like 7 players in the world juniors were Hextall players. Another thing Hextall did a really good job at was getting the Flyers out of cap hell. I think Philly has something like $34M to spend this coming off season...holy God what I would give for us to be in that scenario. Sound familiar to the needs we have right now?

Reactions: Aerrol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Ron Hextall got mentioned a few pages back...he would actually be my pick for the next GM. I know it's gonna be Keith Gretzky, but Ron has a pretty good track record.

Most Flyers fans were pretty sad to see him go, and credit their prospect depth entirely to him. A couple of years back I think something like 7 players in the world juniors were Hextall players. Another thing Hextall did a really good job at was getting the Flyers out of cap hell. I think Philly has something like $34M to spend this coming off season...holy God what I would give for us to be in that scenario. Sound familiar to the needs we have right now?

I wouldn't hate it, but he also could never find Philly a goalie and that's likely to be an issue for us going forward. Could be a similar problem, and we need less stockpiling assets and more winning before Connor demands a trade, haha.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

This is the last guy the upper management would hire. He specifically mentioned what the Oilers were doing and how that wasn’t the way to properly build a team when the Flyers hired him as GM. In addition to that, there may still be bad blood between him and the group above him that never stopped living in the eighties. Personally, I’d be okay with him but I can’t see it happening. Not while the OBC is still hanging around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->