#OReillyWatch - Summer of 2014 - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
But HIS agent is Mark Guy, Morris just runs the agency and is a well known "Hockey Agent".

His dad...well we can't control his father's comments any more than Stastny could control his after the EJ trade. While I don't agree with Brian O'Reilly publicly making those comments to Hishon, what I saw was someone who does genuinely care for him and believes his course of action would be the best...now Joey disagreed but it seemed as if that should have been a private conversation.

Oh, didn't know that wasn't his agent.

That's true about not being able to control the fathers.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I've said "pay the man" and I still stand by it. I'd be thrilled tomorrow to hear he's signed, hell I probably would be happy for him to be signed at 6.5. It's not about the money, that's not for me to decide. If they reached the decision to pay him that I'd be fine with it. It's about the song and dance, putting everyone (especially the fans) through the ringer. I understand it's business but many others manage to accomplish a contract without getting to such measures. I want something fair for both sides that both are happy with, everyone wins and especially the fans. If someone truly doesn't want to be here then I'm not going to hope they stay either though.

I'm more in the camp of this is typical Newport BS vs an irreparable relationship. I understand the situation is a bit unique but I think ultimately he stays. It's going to take 6 weeks of posturing, complete horse crap garbage, empty words, threats, headaches and he'll emerge with a contract worth 250k more than he would have received today.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Oh, didn't know that wasn't his agent.

That's true about not being able to control the fathers.

I mean Morris co-owns/co-founded Newport so I'm sure in this case and in the last one he ended up taking a more prominent role when it reached a certain point, but Mark Guy is O'Reilly's agent with Newport

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I would give him 6.5 x 8 in a vacuum as it would become a better deal with time, if he was a UFA or something. Other implications of the situation are more troubling. I think he'd be hard pressed to make a convincing argument that he deserves much more than Landeskog/Duchene - if anything its only because of the change in cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad