#OReillyWatch - Summer of 2014 - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie · 6m
Lots of talk within NHL circles that COL has or will file "club-elected salary arbitration" on Ryan O'Reilly. If so, it will make waves. O'Reilly is set to become a restricted free agent. If COL wants to retain his rights, they must give him qualifying offer of $6.5M. Or they could negotiate a long-term deal. Or take him to club-elected arbitration. Latter is not unprecedented but it is highly unusual. If COL did or does file for club-elected arbritation, O'Reilly could choose a one- or two-year award. Arb hearing in late July.

MOD EDIT

This is a sensitive issue, but we will NOT resort to flaming other members of the forum!

Infractions will be handed out!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Not really surprising, this is annoying because now were going to be flooded by stupid fans coming from other teams(90% Leafs) with terrible low ball offers, then proceed to trash Oreilly and the Avs for allowing this to happen, etc. etc.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I don't think management has done well this off-season if neither Stastny or O'Reilly is locked up around the draft.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's the only option if they have to either qualify him or take him to arbitration. You can't qualify a player that can accept a two-year deal at $6.5M/year that takes him straight to free agency.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
Bottom line: club-elected arb on O'Reilly would appear to add a whole new dynamic to relationship between player and COL. #itscomplicated

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It's already started, ROR for Phaneuf anyone?

Yep, the idiocy in that thread after just 1 page is already bordering on insanity.

Apparently this move has assured that ROR will not be wearing an Avs jersey after this season. And its obvious that contract negotiations have went down hill fast.

Going to be some truly stupid posts in that thread.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Nobody should be surprised. ROR is never going to be an easy player to come to contract terms with.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I'm not surprised. I was expecting ROR's camp to start negotiations at over 7, and if Avs don't value him even close to that we will have problems. This is still a rumor, so I won't be up in arms yet.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Yep, the idiocy in that thread after just 1 page is already bordering on insanity.

Apparently this move has assured that ROR will not be wearing an Avs jersey after this season. And its obvious that contract negotiations have went down hill fast.

Going to be some truly stupid posts in that thread.
There are gonna be some truly stupid posts in THIS thread.

Just wait till Papa O'Reilly fires up the twitter machine.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's so early, how do they even know how it's going. By all accounts negotiation hasn't begun yet. I read another article that Mehan hasn't started negotiations with I believe it was Schenn either.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Meh. At the end of the day ROR is replaceable IMO. Landeskog is already very close to him Defensively, and a more physical player.

ROR holds a tonne of value league wide right now, we should be able to land an extremely good Dman or Winger if we decide to move on and trade him.

Wonder if the Hawks would go for Hjalmarsson + Sharp for ROR + #23(?)?

member 116861

Meh. At the end of the day ROR is replaceable IMO. Landeskog is already very close to him Defensively, and a more physical player.

ROR holds a tonne of value league wide right now, we should be able to land an extremely good Dman or Winger if we decide to move on and trade him.

Wonder if the Hawks would go for Hjalmarsson + Sharp for ROR + #23(?)?

I highly doubt it.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The timing means nothing. I think there is only a 1 or 2 day window for teams to file for club elected arbitration. Apparently that window was today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad