Player Discussion Marner talk - daily repetition version.

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Man sucks because I still remember how excited I was when we drafted him. 3 points in 7 games is the last straw for me. Trade him. Hopefully we can get a legit number 1/2 Dman on a sign and trade, or we can get a mix of secondary pieces. 11M for defense and third line scoring in the playoffs is such a waste

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Staff and Graph pod is a great listen today for anyone still on the Marner isn't the problem.

TL;DR: His 'entourage' is batshit insane. Lou threatened to ban Paul Marner from the arena. His cousins, brother in law, and private security have DMd half the Toronto media when writing/speaking poorly on Marner.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
After watching some of the other teams in the 2nd round I'm keeping Marner.

The only teams in the East that can take us out are Boston and Florida and they'd each need 7 games to do it.

The emotional thing to do is blow it up but the logical thing to do is tweak: Top 4 D and a new goalie. Run everything else back, especially with JTs cap hit going away soon

Tweak is putting it lightly though. A top 4 D and goalie are critical components but I'm not sacrificing Marner to bring them in

Last edited:

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Staff and Graph pod is a great listen today for anyone still on the Marner isn't the problem...
Interesting info about how Shanny was nowhere to be found to approve Dubas' trade of a core member which led to Dubas going to the board instead for approval and that the trade was not the one discussed by the media. It is called "Accountability".

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Interesting info about how Shanny was nowhere to be found to approve Dubas' trade of a core member which led to Dubas going to the board instead for approval and that the trade was not the one discussed by the media. It is called "Accountability".

What was the trade?

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
About 20 minutes into the Staph and Graph podcast and they're literally just recapping our past playoffs series. Nothing contentious yet

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Doesn't seem believable to me.
It kind of does.

There was quite a buzz that one of the core was going to be moved.

The unbelievable part to me is that Shanny was not available. That would be reason enough to be let go if any of that was true.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It kind of does.

There was quite a buzz that one of the core was going to be moved.

The unbelievable part to me is that Shanny was not available. That would be reason enough to be let go if any of that was true.
If something was worked out details would slip out.
If Shanahan didn't want any of the core moved why would Dubas go ahead and set up a trade? Also a huge deal would also take some time to put together, it's hard to believe Shanahan was MIA for such a lengthy period.

Seems like lots of holes in this story.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Staff and Graph pod is a great listen today for anyone still on the Marner isn't the problem.

TL;DR: His 'entourage' is batshit insane. Lou threatened to ban Paul Marner from the arena. His cousins, brother in law, and private security have DMd half the Toronto media when writing/speaking poorly on Marner.
Mirtle also said this week there was a problem with his entourage….why does this stuff always come out when a guy is about to be traded or after the player is gone

Tedd

May 11, 2023
Marner is a smart guy and knows his time in Toronto is coming to an end. He can tough it out and not agree to a trade but who in their right mind would want to stay in a city where he's not wanted?

I hope he isn't listening to his stubborn father again. I'm sure even he sees the writing on the wall.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022

That would've been hilarious.

Reactions: JKG33

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Mirtle also said this week there was a problem with his entourage….why does this stuff always come out when a guy is about to be traded or after the player is gone
Because they are willing to damage their relationship with a player if they know they won't deal with them again. So previous news worthy information can now be published

Reactions: Nineteen67

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Because they are willing to damage their relationship with a player if they know they won't deal with them again. So previous news worthy information can now be published
Mirtle said his relationship was already damaged.

When Matthews leaves, based on the company he keeps, I’m scared most of us will have to close our eyes and ears when that story is told.

Tedd

May 11, 2023
I know this is the wrong thread but which media outlet is showing the 10:30 am presser today with Shanny, Tree, and Keith Pelle? I'm out in Calgary so local Toronto stations won't be useful.

EDIT: nevermind, the Leafs Youtube is carrying it LIVE.

Reactions: Gilmour1996

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
I know this is the wrong thread but which media outlet is showing the 10:30 am presser today with Shanny, Tree, and Keith Pelle? I'm out in Calgary so local Toronto stations won't be useful.

EDIT: nevermind, the Leafs Youtube is carrying it LIVE.
Naturally with all their resources they can't even get the volume right. How can they run a hockey franchise if they can't even manage to run a volume control?

Update: it took them a few minutes but they finally got the volume up to passable levels. You can't hear the questions being asked though. They need a mobile mic to pass to whoever is asking the question.

Tre seems smart. Shanny less so. Pelley sounds a bit stupid.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad