Line Combos: Opening Night Roster

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
In their stints in the big club last year Puempel looked better than Prince. For that reason, I don't really care who played better in Bingo.

Macarthur - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Zibby - Stone
Puempel - Pageau - Michalek
Prince - Lazar - Chiasson

Scoring, defence and grittiness on all 4 lines

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
In their stints in the big club last year Puempel looked better than Prince. For that reason, I don't really care who played better in Bingo.

Hoffman - Zibby - Stone
Puempel - Pageau - Michalek
Prince - Lazar - Chiasson

Scoring, defence and grittiness on all 4 lines

I bet Neil, Smith and Phillips will be in the opening roster..........:cry:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Philips and Neil probably won't be on the opening roster but I think Smith has a legitimate shot at making the team and is probably our best 4rth line C at this point. I think Prince will either not make the team or will ask to be traded if he doesn't get a legitimate shot at making the team this season. It's a shame that we only have 1 spot unless Lazar is sent down which is also a possibility.

Macarthur - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Ryan
Michalek - Pageau - Lazar
Puempel - Smith - Chiasson

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Wideman/Borowiecki¸

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Hoffman - Zibby - Stone
Puempel - Pageau - Lindberg
Prince - Lazar - Michalek

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Philips and Neil probably won't be on the opening roster but I think Smith has a legitimate shot at making the team and is probably our best 4rth line C at this point. I think Prince will either not make the team or will ask to be traded if he doesn't get a legitimate shot at making the team this season. It's a shame that we only have 1 spot unless Lazar is sent down which is also a possibility.

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Yeah sry Smith should be in there ,his game looked like it was getting back to that gritty agitating style that made him a fan fav

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Smith will most likely be our 4th line center due to the simple fact that he's our only LH center.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Hoffman - Zibby - Stone
Puempel - Pageau - Lindberg
Prince - Lazar - Michalek

Well, that won't happen. Lindberg hasn't even played an AHL game yet and a guy like Robinson is much more adequate to take a roster spot at this point than Lindberg.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Smith will most likely be our 4th line center due to the simple fact that he's our only LH center.

Plus he has a one-way NHL contract, like Neil and Phillips, so, logic and budget indicate those three will be on the roster.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci

This is spot on for what I expect. The only question in my mind is injuries (there always seems to be one or two leading up to the opener) and whether or not they decide to give Lazar the Zibanejad treatment and start him in Bingo for a half dozen games so they can get an extended look at a guy like Prince.

I also have Wikstrand as a dark horse to make the team.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
I'm liking our forward group.

Hopefully Ryan can be a diffenece maker for a complete season, not for just 30 games or so. 30 goals would also be nice.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Funny i didnt see that in his 1 game here ,musta happened while i was in the bathroom .JK,I did see Puemple play some pretty good hockey,enough actually for the coach to give he a look in the top 6 too bad he got hurt though

Puempel looked really good at times last year- I just wanted to make a point that Prince needs to be viewed a number of times to appreciate what he brings.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Not a chance

Why not? Phillips, Neil, Greening & Smith all have contracts & unless they are traded or waived or injured they will be in the starting lineup. The only guy I think could potentially get waived is Greening & I doubt they waive more than one player who was on the roster last yr. IMO only one prospect could make the team next season unless Ottawa moves one or two players.

MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Chiasson - Z. Smith - Neil/Greening (maybe Puempel)

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Boroweicki/Phillips (maybe Wideman)

Anderson - Hammond

2016:
Hoffman - Zbanejad - Ryan
Puempel - Lazar - Robinson
Lindberg - Paul - Chiasson

Last edited:

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Puempel - Pageau - Lazar
Michalek - Smith - Chiasson
Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Boro
Phillips

Andy
Hammond

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I think Weircioch is gonna be one of the big difference makers this year. A strong season and we have a respectable top four, a poor one and we're one of the bottom d cores in the league again.

Smitty26

Oct 24, 2011
I think Weircioch is gonna be one of the big difference makers this year. A strong season and we have a respectable top four, a poor one and we're one of the bottom d cores in the league again.

basically this.

throw in Cowen shaping up and wideman having a good transition and our D could actually be pretty damn good. Too many if's to be excited about anything though :/

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
most likely we'll start with that (and adjust throughout the year)

are you guys happy that Murray didnt sign anything?

Forwards:
MacArthur, Clarke ($4,650,000) // Turris, Kyle ($3,500,000) // Ryan, Bobby ($7,250,000)
Hoffman, Mike ($3,000,000) // Zibanejad, Mika ($2,625,000) // Stone, Mark ($3,500,000)
Michalek, Milan ($4,000,000) // Pageau, JG ($900,000) // Chiasson, Alex ($2,000,000)
Puempel, Matt ($863,333) // Smith, Zack ($1,887,500) // Pageau, Jean-Gabriel ($900,000)
Greening, Colin ($2,650,000) // Neil, Chris ($1,900,000)

Defense:
Methot, Marc ($4,900,000) // Karlsson, Erik ($6,500,000)
Ceci, Cody ($894,167) // Cowen, Jared ($3,100,000)
Phillips, Chris ($2,500,000) // Wiercioch, Patrick ($2,000,000)
Borowiecki, Mark ($1,100,000

Goalies:
Anderson, Craig ($4,200,000)
Hammond, Andrew ($1,350,000)

** Demoted to AHL: Lazar, Curtis ($894,167)

Roster Size: 23
Salary Cap: $71,400,000
Bonuses: $687,000
Cap Hit: $66,173,000
Cap Space: $5,227,000

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I think Greening will be waived and Wideman will be on the opening night roster, and Prince will be up instead of Puempel.

Other than that, I think you got the roster correct but obviously the lines will not look like that.

EDIT: I just noticed you got JGP twice...

Swedish House

Jun 17, 2015
Why not? Phillips, Neil, Greening & Smith all have contracts & unless they are traded or waived or injured they will be in the starting lineup. The only guy I think could potentially get waived is Greening & I doubt they waive more than one player who was on the roster last yr. IMO only one prospect could make the team next season unless Ottawa moves one or two players.

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci

Anderson - Hammond

2016:

So JG Pageau wont be in the lineup next year? Rather play him or lazar at wing than Robinson.
Zack Smith?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Greening will be AHLed. Smith imo will be AHLed unless he has a strong camp and plays better during the season. If he goes 25 games with 3 points he will be in the AHL. He had 3 points through 37 this year.

The sens care a lot about money but i dont think they will stand for 4th liners basically being completely unproductive.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci

Anderson - Hammond

2016:

I pretty much agree with the lineup for this year. I think that's a real solid top 9. I think Prince (or Pumps) will be on the 4th line instead of Neil most nights though.

That 2016 bottom six is seriously ugly though. It's a whole lot worse than the one you posted for this year and I hope to all that's holy that the Sens don't go down that route.

Last edited:

WhiteLight*

:sens

2015-16 Ottawa Senators

#68 Mike Hoffman - #93 Mika Zibanejad - #61 Mark Stone
#16 Clarke MacArthur - #7 Kyle Turris "A" - #6 Ryan "A"
#10 Shane Prince - #44 Jean-Gabriel Pageau - #27 Curtis Lazar
#9 Milan Michalek - #15 Zack Smith - #90 Alex Chiasson
#25 Chris Neil

#3 Marc Methot - #65 Erik Karlsson "C"
#46 Patrick Wiercioch - #5 Cody Ceci
#74 Mark Borowiecki - #45 Chris Wideman
#4 Chris Phillips - #2 Jared Cowen

#41 Craig Anderson
#30 Andrew Hammond​

WhiteLight*

aggressive_logo_ad.png

2015-16 Binghamton Senators

Matt Puempel - Eric O'Dell - Cole Schneider
Colin Greening - Nick Paul - Buddy Robinson
Max McCormick - Ryan Dzingel - Tobias Lindberg
Dave Dziurzynski - Alex Guptill - Zack Stortini
Travis Ewanyk - Vincent Dunn

Fredrik Claesson - Michael Kostka
Ben Harpur - Patrick Mullen
Michael Sdao - Troy Rutkowski

Matt O'Connor
Chris Driedger​

BigBush*

Mac-Turris-Stone
Hoff-Zib-Ryan
Michalek-Pageau-Lazar
Chiasson-Smith-Niel

Meth-Karl
Weir-Ceci
Cowen-Boro

anyone want to make a bet thats what opening night line up will be?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
*Puempel - Pageau - Lazar
Michalek - Smith - Chiasson
*Prince - Neil

- Greening waived
- Neil jumps in and out of the line up, plays ~35 games
- Puempel and Prince fight for the same spot (if Puempel loses the battle he goes to Bingo)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad