Opening night Roster

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...rgan_rielly_to_open_season_with_big_club.html

Rielly led all Leafs in ice time in the final tune-up game Saturday, as management took one long, last look at him before making their decision. While the roster has not been submitted yet, it appears Rielly will remain in Toronto for at least nine games, the limit before the clock starts ticking on the first year of his entry-level contract.

That contract doesn’t appear to be a big concern for the Leafs, regardless of their cap issues. There’s a belief Rielly will remain in Toronto all season, play about 40 or 50 games, practise and gain valuable NHL experience.

He will be loaned to the Team Canada for the world junior championships, and would be gone from the second week in December to early January.

Rielly’s presence spelled the end for Liles. Rather than pay Liles the $11.25 million over three years remaining on his contract, it was easier to place him on waivers and realize a savings on the cap.

The Leafs save $925,000 with Liles in the minors, but with new deals for Kadri, Franson and Raymond, the likelihood of Liles surviving on the Leafs’ NHL roster was drastically reduced.

Toronto now has just under $125,000 of cap space available, with 22 players on the NHL roster.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...rgan_rielly_to_open_season_with_big_club.html

The 11 forwards for now are Joffrey Lupul, Tyler Bozak, Phil Kessel, Nazem Kadri, James van Riemsdyk, Nik Kulemin, Dave Bolland, Mason Raymond, Colton Orr, Jay McClement, and Ashton.

The club would have started the season with 13 forwards, but McLaren will be off the radar for at least 24 days while on injured reserve, and the suspended David Clarkson will miss the first 10 games of the season.

The seven defencemen include Dion Phaneuf, Carl Gunnarsson, Cody Franson, Mark Fraser, Jake Gardiner, Paul Ranger and Rielly.

Leafsin2014*

Generally a lot of performance bonuses are games played based, so as long as their on the team the bonuses start accumulating and counting when milestones are reached.

We don't know exactly which bonuses type A or B type each of those ELC have unless someone knows a site that breaks them down.

You are guessing saying "generally for games played". Nobody but the Leafs know that.

Nobody also knows our exact salaries, Loiselle has already said capgeek may be close but not exact.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Why don't we save Liles full cap hit?

Because according to the new CBA, players loaned to other leagues (such as the AHL) have their cap hit in excess of $925K (league minimum [$550K] + $375K) counted against the cap.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
They are guessing, it may not seem likely but Liles could just be put on waivers but stay up and Rielly goes back.

So, are you suggesting that if Liles is claimed, the Leafs will keep Rielly and if Liles is not claimed, they'll keep Liles on the Leafs and send Rielly back to Junior?

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
If we loan him out for the WHJC, will he continue to count against the cap?

I believe so, but I don't see any reason for the Leafs to do so. If they keep him with the team, he should part of the team and not sent off to play in a bunch of effectively meaningless games.

Leafsin2014*

So, are you suggesting that if Liles is claimed, the Leafs will keep Rielly and if Liles is not claimed, they'll keep Liles on the Leafs and send Rielly back to Junior?

Not likely but they are fully entitled to do that. Liles on waivers was inevitable regardless, of course they'd like someone to take him. If not, he doesn't have to go down.

Who sits if Rielly stays? If Liles stays that's easy, JM would be 7th.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
Not likely but they are fully entitled to do that. Liles on waivers was inevitable regardless, of course they'd like someone to take him. If not, he doesn't have to go down.

Who sits if Rielly stays? If Liles stays that's easy, JM would be 7th.

JML goes down cause of cap space... They save 900k+ when he goes down which is included in the 124K of cap space they have right now. If he stays they're really tight on the cap at just north of 30k of space.

They're hoping somebody claims him but I tell you this I wouldn't be shocked if a trade go's down early in the season especially if Rielly continues to impress and sticks for the year. 1 more injury early in the season one of which the player doesn't qualify to be put on the LTIR they have no cap space to call somebody up as an emergency then what?

Nonis still needs to clear at least 1.5 mill of cap space somewhere if Liles is claimed or not IMO.

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
I could see liles coming up after rielly plays his nine and goes to junior... if they deem it fit he gets one more year to develop.

Asif16*

Montreal will have Parros-White-Prust line aganst us on opening night. So, im pretty sure carlyle will not go into the game with just Orr.

Especially with clarkson gone as well, our toughness takes a hit. Also considering the scott/kessel incident.

One of Broll/Devane will start on opening night.

My guess for lineup...

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Raymond
Broll-Bolland-Kulemin
Ashton-Mcclement-Orr

Gunnarson-Phaneuf
Reilly-Ranger
Fraser-Franson

Reimer

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Too bad, he'd be a useful winger - especially with the Clarkson suspension.

Seeing what Ashton showed this pre-season, signing Raymond, having two enforcers on the team etc. I don't really see a need or a spot for him on the team anymore.

He is not good enough for 3rd line duty. He's a good pest that would best fit on the fourth line.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Montreal will have Parros-White-Prust line aganst us on opening night. So, im pretty sure carlyle will not go into the game with just Orr.

Especially with clarkson gone as well, our toughness takes a hit. Also considering the scott/kessel incident.

My guess for lineup...

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Raymond
Broll-Bolland-Kulemin
Ashton-Mcclement-Orr

Gunnarson-Phaneuf
Reilly-Ranger
Fraser-Franson

Reimer

No way, not a chance, that Gardiner sits.

mmalady

Jan 31, 2013
minden, ontario

My guess for lineup...

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Raymond
Broll-Bolland-Kulemin
Ashton-Mcclement-Orr

Gunnarson-Phaneuf
Reilly-Ranger
Fraser-Franson

Reimer[/QUOTE

I'd be happy with that..:handclap:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Phaneuf - Gunnar
Gardiner - Franson
Rielly - Ranger

That is the D we will see tomorrow.

Funny, our 3rd pairing, could easily play 2nd pairing minutes, hopefully we see something like 23-22-15 in terms of minutes played

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
JVR(4.25) Bozak(4.2) Kessel(5.4)
Lupul(5.25) Kadri(2.9) Kulemin(2.8)
Raymond(1) Bolland(3.375) Ashton(1.04)
Fraser(1.275) McClemment(1.5) Orr(925)
Clarkson(5.25)

Gunnarsson(3.15) Phaneuf(6.5)
Gardiner(1.117) Franson(2)
Rielly(1.744) Ranger(1)

Reimer(1.8)
Bernier(2.9)

Not on Roster(5.45) Liles, Armstrong, Tucker, Frattin, Scrivens.

Team Payroll(64.826)
Salary Cap(64.3)
Cap Space(0.474)

McLaren(0.7)

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
JVR(4.25) Bozak(4.2) Kessel(5.4)
Lupul(5.25) Kadri(2.9) Kulemin(2.8)
Raymond(1) Bolland(3.375) Ashton(1.04)
Fraser(1.275) McClemment(1.5) Orr(925)
Clarkson(5.25)

Gunnarsson(3.15) Phaneuf(6.5)
Gardiner(1.117) Franson(2)
Rielly(1.744) Ranger(1)

Reimer(1.8)
Bernier(2.9)

Not on Roster(5.45) Liles, Armstrong, Tucker, Frattin, Scrivens.

Team Payroll(64.826)
Salary Cap(64.3)
Cap Space(0.474)

McLaren(0.7)

I agree so there over the cap by about 500k and if Mclaren is not LTIR then by 1.2 million. Something has to give in this scenerio

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad