OOT Scoreboard: 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That was the most important goal of his career. It’s good to see him in the playoffs and that play affected the series in a major way. Even though I don’t think he’s the player he was 3 or 4 years back, he’s still top tier.

He had plenty of big goals down the stretch to get us to the playoffs.

If I’m a Sabres fan I’m getting the voodoo dolls out though, it’s more obvious by the day he was jaking it there.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
What I'm most intrigued by this playoffs is the conference finals where we can see if some teams / divisions are just lightyears ahead of everyone else and we missed it. Definite potential for that happening with Colorado/Vegas and TB/FLA/CAR being just on another level. Also hoping for McDavid to just go super saiyan and wreck everyone, that would be incredible.

Reactions: Oneiro

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos
idc who wins out of caps and bruins honestly. i love ovi, and honestly... i kind of like marchand. more than wilson at least.
I'm kind of the opposite of this. Even though Wilson is a giant POS I don't think we've really been subject to his shenanigans, whereas Marchand can absolutely f*** right off after the shit he pulled with Ty and Bratt his season and MarJo from a few seasons ago.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
I'm kind of the opposite of this. Even though Wilson is a giant POS I don't think we've really been subject to his shenanigans, whereas Marchand can absolutely f*** right off after the shit he pulled with Ty and Bratt his season and MarJo from a few seasons ago.
Uhhh, I think we have been subject before.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What I'm most intrigued by this playoffs is the conference finals where we can see if some teams / divisions are just lightyears ahead of everyone else and we missed it. Definite potential for that happening with Colorado/Vegas and TB/FLA/CAR being just on another level. Also hoping for McDavid to just go super saiyan and wreck everyone, that would be incredible.

It’s hard to make the case one one-off series a month into the playoffs can really tell a story about a division as a whole other than maybe if Colorado sweeps the Leafs it’ll just confirm everyone’s bias against the North. But if Tampa beats the Isles in 5, what does that prove - that their division is better than ours or they just have a better team? The Tampa division was ridiculously top heavy while ours was more balanced IMO but with teams probably not as good as their top two, how do you even judge better on that scale? By the strength of 1-3 or the strength of 5-8?

Last edited:

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
It’s hard to make the case one one-off series a month into the playoffs can really tell a story about a division as a whole other than maybe if Colorado sweeps the Leafs it’ll just confirm everyone’s bias against the North. But if Tampa beats the Isles in 5, what does that prove - that their division is better than ours or they just have a better team? The Tampa division was ridiculously top heavy while ours was more balanced IMO but with teams probably not as good as their top two, how do you even judge better on that scale? By the strength of 1-3 or the strength of 5-8?

It's more about how each team looks in the series imo. Re: the Isles if the Isles just look totally outmatched and like Devon Toews runs wild on a Colorado powerhouse that would be eyeopening re: roster construction. If the Maple Leafs bottom 6 full of old vets looks too slow for 2021 playoff hockey that would also be eyeopening.

More likely though cause it's hockey, hot goalies and dumb luck will keep everything close.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
i feel that tom pushes the boundary more than marchand does, and marchand is more of an equal opportunity asshole. and i KNOW that if he was on my team, i would f***in love him

Marchand does more of the licking/spearing/headshot stuff, whereas Wilson just lays some massively dirty hits.

Reactions: tr83 and OmNomNom

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Marchand is every bit as dirty as Wilson. He just isn't nearly as big so his antics usually aren't as devastating. This is another issue I have with the DoPS. They punish on result of the action, not how dangerous it was. Marchand and Wilson could both board someone. It's far more likely that Wilson will hurt someone doing it, so he will be punished more harshly than Marchand who likely won't hurt someone as often because he is much smaller.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
How anyone could be fans of Marchand or Tom Wilson is beyond me.

In a perfect world, Marchand would slash Wilson and break his wrist. In return, with one good arm, Wilson would grab Marchand by back of his jersey and rag doll him face first to the ice breaking that slab of nose. I did say in a perfect world because we all know Marchand doesn't go after anyone bigger than himself.

Last edited:

Camille the Eel

He had plenty of big goals down the stretch to get us to the playoffs.

If I’m a Sabres fan I’m getting the voodoo dolls out though, it’s more obvious by the day he was jaking it there.
Right but this goal was in the playoffs. He scored once for us I think against Tampa. This play with two minutes left rescued his team from going down 2 zip. It shifted momentum in the series in a spotlight game.

It’s early - but Boston is a possible contender if they can get by the Caps. I don’t think they will win the cup but they are more of a serious threat than we were in that season a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad