OOT Scoreboard: 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Varlamov getting injured in the last Isles really hurts them but honestly hurrah because 1) our pick 2) I don’t actually enjoy watching goalies save a worse team’s bacon unless I’m rooting for them, let nature take it’s course.

I have nothing against the Preds and I still don’t like the Hurricanes but Saros singlehandedly winning a round is a dreary proposition to me. (The Leafs deserved to lose “amazing” Columbus goaltending in bubble playoffs though. That was funny. But the Leafs losing is always funny to me however, I assume that’s very subjective.)

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Im guessing it has to do with center depth, but Zajac has been a thorn in Crosby's side for over a decade. Take Crosby out and Pitt doesn't have a ton of options. But whatevs.

And this scoreboard they have in the corner may be the gaudiest I've ever seen.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Varlamov getting injured in the last Isles really hurts them but honestly hurrah because 1) our pick 2) I don’t actually enjoy watching goalies save a worse team’s bacon unless I’m rooting for them, let nature take it’s course.

I have nothing against the Preds and I still don’t like the Hurricanes but Saros singlehandedly winning a round is a dreary proposition to me. (The Leafs deserved to lose “amazing” Columbus goaltending in bubble playoffs though. That was funny. But the Leafs losing is always funny to me however, I assume that’s very subjective.)

Uhh, I try to tolerate wrong opinions from you about LTIR or whatever, but this is beyond the pale. The hilarity of Leafs playoff struggles is a just a fundamental truth, a natural law. There are pictures in caves of proto humans busting their guts when the leafs almost won a cup but were trampled by a woolly mammoth. The 15th century European explorers were not actually looking for trades routes to India, they just wanted to witness the comical haplessness of the Leafs first hand.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
schneider? lol seriously?
He’s the backup today.

Didn’t see a second of NHL ice time this year. I remember him dressing as the backup at least one time early on.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Im guessing it has to do with center depth, but Zajac has been a thorn in Crosby's side for over a decade. Take Crosby out and Pitt doesn't have a ton of options. But whatevs.

The new score bug NBC uses is gross.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Pageau has been one of the Isles best players though. And Cizakas isn’t far behind.

The main culprit here is Barzal, who has sucked balls. He’s done nothing 5v5 and he didn’t anything on the PP. (or he’s banged up?)

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
God damn, Pageau is a playoff monster. And a matchup nightmare for Penguins, who are not deep without Malkin.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What another joke goal.

Jarry isn’t good enough to win the cup or make a deep run.

Not playing like this he’s not.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Jarry is an embarrassment.

Gotta give the Pens credit for bouncing back from that terrible goal that should have deflated them.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
God damn, Pageau is a playoff monster. And a matchup nightmare for Penguins, who are not deep without Malkin.
Their depth is certainly a reason I can’t see them going far and picked the Islanders to win this series. Didn’t they have Evan Rodrigues playing with Crosby (or maybe he was with Malkin before he got injured?) earlier this year. That’s pretty hilarious.

I remember he was racking up points at one point this season, then came the market correction because he’s Evan Rodrigues and he’s not all that good.

And if they can win a cup with Murray in nets the entire playoffs, I can’t write off a deep run with Jarry, but he’s been an embarrassment today.

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Their depth is certainly a reason I can’t see them going far and picked the Islanders to win this series. Didn’t they have Evan Rodrigues playing with Crosby (or maybe he was with Malkin before he got injured?) earlier this year. That’s pretty hilarious.

I remember he was racking up points at one point this season, then came the market correction because he’s Evan Rodrigues and he’s not all that good.

And if they can win a cup with Murray in nets the entire playoffs, I can’t write off a deep run with Jarry, but he’s been an embarrassment today.
Haven't watched them much this year but I assume with Guentzel, Rust, Zucker, Kapanen, and McCann the likes of Evan Rodriques should never be playing alongside Crosby/Malkin regularly

Reactions: Bleedred

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Jarry spazzes out and then has good games though. I wasn’t picking a romp, this is a tough series for the Pens too if Desmith and Malkin are out for Pens.

The Pens are very effective though, they’re a very good shooting team, and are surprisingly strong defensively. They dominated the Isles in the regular season, as did the Caps, the Isles don’t often have an answer for team that can take advantage of a small amount of scoring chances.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Hurry up, I don’t want to miss the start of the other game. Make it snappy (preferably Pens but I’ll take either if they can score in the next 5 minutes.)

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Has anyone noticed that the Penguins have made a bunch of terrible d to d passes in this game? It's resulted in several turnovers and I don't think I've hear the announcers mention it once.
It happens and Letang kind of sucks now in terms of his two way play. (If he’s who you’re talking about.)

edit: You probably mean other guys today though.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
It happens and Letang kind of sucks now in terms of his two way play. (If he’s who you’re talking about.)

I'm actually not sure, I've noticed a bunch of weird passes but not who was making them. One of them was just about 5 minutes ago the defenseman had a direct passing lane to his partner but inexplicably bounced it off the boards behind the goal and it caused problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad