OOT Scoreboard 2018-19 Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
No way you can’t posibly trust Florida again after last year. Don’t fall for the hype this time. Shame on them for fooling you last year. Shame on you if they fool you again this year.

There's no miracle Luongo stretch drive to save them this year, he's shot.

Ol Dirty Bstrd

Nov 25, 2007
Yikes did Arizona botch that Strome situation. Helps that Chicago has DeBrincat, but still. Yotes never gave him an opportunity.

We should try to pry Puljujarvi from that dumpster fire in Edmonton and see if we can pull some similar magic

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Yikes did Arizona botch that Strome situation. Helps that Chicago has DeBrincat, but still. Yotes never gave him an opportunity.

We should try to pry Puljujarvi from that dumpster fire in Edmonton and see if we can pull some similar magic

Strome is bursting out
But Schmaltz will be good for Zona

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Jimmy Howard coming back down to earth. 4 goals on 8 shots and he's yanked.

3 of them are going on my stoppable goal count.

Save percentage now down to .910% on the season after this clunker. Which is around his totals from the last 6 years, outside of that 20-something game season he played 2 years, which was a benefactor of not playing 50 games or he surely would have been .910% or worse that season also. He was in the .920's% for the better part of the first half of this season too.

Holland is out of his mind if he thinks he's getting a first for him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Komarov is such an embarrassment. One of the worst full time forward guys in the league.

They might have to bury this guy in the minors before his contract is up.

Great deal from Lou.

At least he scored a goal tonight, it was just for the Flames. And the Sharks are gonna lose more ground to the Flames. Can't wait to watch Jones choke against the Pens tomorrow night.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You legitimately know nothing about hockey if you think Florida has a chance in the east.
I'm convinced he's just busting on us about Florida. Especially when he hypes up signings of players like Troy Brouwer.

Florida stormed back last year only to fall short. I think the chances of them not only going on a run like that again this year, but actually pulling it off in the end (and not falling short like last year) are very minute.

Now, if they somehow end up getting Panarin at the deadline and win all or most of their games before they get him next Monday, I might think there's a little something to believe in, but even then the odds are incredibly stacked against them.

By the way, I don't think they're getting Panarin, at least not at the deadline. There's just been some rumors thrown out there that they'll try and trade for him (and Bobrovsky) at the deadline, just so they can sign them before they hit UFA. So that scenario of them storming back with Panarin is meaningless anyway.

I don't think anyone (except for us) is ever out of it with DD. He was saying the other night he thought the Flyers were getting in. They have 3 more points than Florida currently, but Florida also has 2 games in hand. I'd like to know what two teams those two are pushing out. Obviously, Columbus is probably out if they trade Panarin (or Bob, who hasn't been great this year anyway), but as of right now, Carolina is really the only team that has a threat to take a spot, that isn't currently in one. Maybe with a hot week, Buffalo can get themselves back in the conversation, but I'm skeptical a hot week is upon them.

Montreal has 11 more points than the Panthers with two more games played, and they have 8 points on the Flyers with the same amount of games played. The exact same is true for Pittsburgh. Columbus is 9 points ahead of Florida with one more game played and 6 points ahead of Philadelphia with a game in hand on them. I don't think they're selling at the deadline, unless they go winless through Monday.

Reactions: Dialamo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Thing is it is reported that they will have to dump Hoffman if they bring in Bread and Bob because they are a budget team.
I actually didn't hear about that, but my first thought when I heard they were gonna go big after those two was ''Wait, they're gonna spend all the sudden? Really? WUT?!''. So that makes sense that they would dump someone else good that makes a lot.

I actually heard something about Huberdeau going in a potential deal to the CBJ last week.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Blackhawks vs Red Wings: 4 goals against Ward, no chance on any. 4 goals against Howard, 3 stoppable. 1 goal against Bernier in relief, no chance. I thought the first goal on Ward looked kind of bad and looked to go through him, but there was a guy right in front of his face on that one. I didn't nail him on that goal that was put in from behind the goal line and off his back because he wasn't exactly in position for it, due to a shot going off the board on the opposite side of the net and rebounding and put in at the other end before he could get set. Howard was atrocious and is regressing to the mean of what he usually is these days.

Jets vs Avalanche: 7 goals against Hellebuyck, no chance on any. 1 goal against Varlamov, no chance. I couldn't find a single goal Hellebuyck had a chance on out of those 7. The goal on Varlamov looked bad, as it squeaked in and they blew the whistle as it was going in. Looks like a teammate of his may have made contact with him while he had it in his pads and pushed him and caused it to squirt loose. It's hard to say, but I gotta give him the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Islanders vs Flames: 4 goals against Greiss, no chance on any. 2 goals against Smith, no chance on either.

Bruins vs Golden Knights: 2 goals against Halak, no chance on either. 2 goals against Fleury, no chance on either.

So that's 27 goals scored on goalies tonight, 3 were stoppable. That's 11% of goals scored tonight were stoppable. Only 4 games tonight, but that's about the lowest percentage I've counted in a really long time. And a single goalie accounted for all 3 of the stoppable goals tonight. Combined save percentages weren't as good at .887%

Reactions: DerekDevils30

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this trash goal on Howard from Anisimov, that got the scoring started tonight.

Reactions: Dialamo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So can Florida still complete the comeback? :sarcasm:

I'll tell you who's really in trouble now. It's the Pens. Carolina wins tonight, Pens get shutout by Martin Jones, who can't stop a beachball this year. I think Carolina is in a playoff spot now. Scary times for the Pens.

Damn, that Jack Johnson was a fine acquisition though.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
So can Florida still complete the comeback? :sarcasm:

I'll tell you who's really in trouble now. It's the Pens. Carolina wins tonight, Pens get shutout by Martin Jones, who can't stop a beachball this year. I think Carolina is in a playoff spot now. Scary times for the Pens.

Damn, that Jack Johnson was a fine acquisition though.

mrazek was spectacular when he needed to come up big with timely saves

FLA's chances took a big hit tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad