OOT Scoreboard 2018-19 Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Evander Kane with a very selfish change in OT last night. Decided not to change instead of back check and left McAvoy wide open in the slot for the winner.

Sharks had NO business losing that game. Wagner's tying goal for the Bruins was hit by his own high stick prior to him knocking in the rebound. If the call on the ice is no high stick, it cannot be reviewed.

In the end, Martin Jones is a joke. Sharks should consider Bobrovsky as a rental if they want to be serious about winning the cup this season. They have a legitimate shot but I don't trust Jones one bit

Reactions: Bleedred

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Evander Kane with a very selfish change in OT last night. Decided not to change instead of back check and left McAvoy wide open in the slot for the winner.

Sharks had NO business losing that game. Wagner's tying goal for the Bruins was hit by his own high stick prior to him knocking in the rebound. If the call on the ice is no high stick, it cannot be reviewed.

In the end, Martin Jones is a joke. Sharks should consider Bobrovsky as a rental if they want to be serious about winning the cup this season. They have a legitimate shot but I don't trust Jones one bit

Bob would cost a lot since the Jackets don’t seem to be on a selling mood despite their issues.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Bob would cost a lot since the Jackets don’t seem to be on a selling mood despite their issues.

From what I've gathered, the Sharks are all-in for a Cup run. The trade for Karlsson was massive and guys like Pavelski and Thornton aren't spring chickens any more. Now is the time to make a run for it. It would be a damn shame if Jones blows it for them when it matters the most.

If Bob costs too much, they can always send us Meier for Kinkaid and Lovejoy

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I’m hoping for even Miller or Campbell. Jones is gonna be the death of this team.

If you look at his playoffs last year, that save percentage looks pretty good, but that’s because of his sweep to Anaheim. He was brutal against Vegas and looked even worse on the eye test.

I don’t think Vegas is anything to really be scared of this year if you’re the Sharks. Fleury has been ridden into the ground already. But I wouldn’t bet against a fatigued Fleury over Jones right now.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I remember thinking Frederik Andersen was pretty ordinary and not worth a 1st round pick, but the first round pick was later than the pick the Sharks traded to get Martin Jones. :help:

And Andersen is definitely one of the best goalies in the NHL. And he plays a lot of games, so he's worth a lot more to me than a guy that posts a better save percentage while playing 10-15 fewer games a year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Big game Thursday, FLA vs Rawly
Florida is finished. I think they have even fewer points now than they did after this many games last year. I don't even think their record over the last 10 games is anything great. They were actually 5-5-0 a couple games ago through their last 10. They might be 6-4-0 now.

They're actually 7-3-0 now and on a 3 game winning streak, They actually have an identical amount of points now as they did after 58 games last year, when they still missed the playoffs. I can't see them really making it that close again. What are the chances they do that two years in a row? I think you're either just kidding around or you just think Florida is a WAY better team than they really are.

Rawly still has a chance though, but their loss tonight and the Pens beating us hurts them.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Penguins vs Devils: 3 goals against Murray, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Kinkaid, 3 stoppable. Only no-chance goal for him was the first Pens goal.

Sabres vs Panthers: 4 goals against Ullmark, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Reimer, no chance on either.

Lightning vs Flyers: 2 goals against Domingue, no chance on either. 3 goals on Hart, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Elliott in relief, I guess I'll give it a no chance. Was at a dead angle and looked awful, but he had no stick on the play. Can't nail him on that one in good conscience.

Rangers vs Hurricanes: 1 goal against Lundqvist, no chance. 2 goals against McElhinney, no chance on either.

Blue Jackets vs Canadiens: 3 goals against Bobrovsky, no chance on any. 2 goals against Price, 1 stoppable.

Maple Leafs vs Blues: 3 goals against Andersen, no chance on any. 2 goals against Binnington, no chance on either. OT winner looked kind of poor on Andersen, but I don't nail a goalie on a goal like that if it's top shelf stick side and from that close of range. I would have if it went lower though.

Ducks vs Wild: 3 goals against Dubnyk, 2 stoppable. First one might have been also. Can't tell if it caused a rebound because it leaked through him or if it was just a rebound off his pad or blocker. Another pathetic game for Dubnyk. And the Wild look to be cooked. Miller gets the shutout for the Ducks.

Predators vs Stars: 3 goals against Rinne, 2 stoppable. 4 goals against Khudobin, no chance on any.

Coyotes vs Oilers: 2 goals against Kuemper, no chance on either. 2 goals against Koskinen, no chance on either.

So that's 46 goals scored on goalies tonight, 11 were stoppable. That's 24% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .926%.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If you watched tonight's Devils game, you already saw softy of the night. It's the Wood goal on Murray.

Reactions: My3Sons

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The thing with whether the Wild are cooked or not is that the West is hot dookie.

Are you really confident in any of the teams behind them actually taking their spot?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The thing with whether the Wild are cooked or not is that the West is hot dookie.

Are you really confident in any of the teams behind them actually taking their spot?

The only team behind them with a winning record in their last 10 games is Chicago.

I just noticed that the Ducks are somehow only 3 points back of Minnesota. What a craptastic group of teams they have around that last wild card spot. I mean Christ, LA has less points than us, yet are only 8 points back of a wild card, while we're 15 points back of a wild card

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Too bad Florida isn't in the west. They'd just about have their playoff spot locked up and DD would be winning a pretty good penny!:sarcasm:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
As far as goalie wins being the best indicator of performance or even a good one, look no further than Domingue, Jones or Smith.

All of these goalies have sparkling records. Domingue (who has at least been average) has won 11 in a row, though he hasn't had the net a whole lot since Vasilevskiy got back from injury. You don't think he compiled a lot of these wins because the Lightning are the best team in the league? He was pumping out wins while allowing 3-4 goals a lot of the time when Vasilevskiy was injured.

Jones is second in the league in wins, yet he's one of the worst starting goalies in the league in save percentage. You don't think the Sharks are winning all those games because they're outscoring his suck? Same thing with Mike Smith and the Flames.

Jones is the biggest reason the Sharks are a question mark to do some damage in the playoffs or even win a cup this year. But hey, Look at all those wins tho! He's second in the league in them!

All of these teams (the Lightning less so) are winning in spite of these guys and racking up wins for them, Jones especially.

Reactions: glenwo2

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Florida is finished. I think they have even fewer points now than they did after this many games last year. I don't even think their record over the last 10 games is anything great. They were actually 5-5-0 a couple games ago through their last 10. They might be 6-4-0 now.

They're actually 7-3-0 now and on a 3 game winning streak, They actually have an identical amount of points now as they did after 58 games last year, when they still missed the playoffs. I can't see them really making it that close again. What are the chances they do that two years in a row? I think you're either just kidding around or you just think Florida is a WAY better team than they really are.

Rawly still has a chance though, but their loss tonight and the Pens beating us hurts them.

Rawly has a decent chance
FLA cannot be counted out yet

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rawly has a decent chance
FLA cannot be counted out yet
No way you can’t posibly trust Florida again after last year. Don’t fall for the hype this time. Shame on them for fooling you last year. Shame on you if they fool you again this year.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Tampa is just terrifying. They have elite talent up front with excellent depth and a very good, dynamic blueline. On top of that, you could argue they have the best goalie in the game right now.

I wonder if they will add something significant at the deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad