OOT Scoreboard 2018-19 Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And why the hell is Koskinen even playing two nights in a row when the Oilers have already been eliminated from the playoffs? Are they just trying to stick this stupid contract in the fans face even more by seeing how low his save percentage can tank before the season ends? It's almost like they're playing him to try and justify and rationalize that extension even more by playing him every night. Holy shit, he sucks.

He now leads the league in both stoppable goal count after tying Martin Jones the night before, and now he leads by two AND he leads the league in stoppable goal percentage by all goalies that have played more than probably a handful of games or even less than that. Which means he's now your leader in the stoppable goal Vezina race, after passing Mike Smith.

He's about to sweep the first annual Bleedred stoppable goal Jennings and the first annual Bleedred stoppable goal Vezina in the final week of the season here.

Reactions: Dialamo

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Feel like the Wings are going to be rewarded the lotto with this winning streak.

This is paranoid talk.

Nothing any of these teams are doing is going to change the randomness of what numbers come out in the lotto... besides having the lottery master himself Taylor Hall :sarcasm:

I mean... he did take off half the season in preparation.

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
Great job Detroit and LA. LA killed Arizona's shot, albeit a small one anyway, with that win.

I wasn’t expecting an LA win in Arizona against a desperate Coyotes team. Looks like Jack Campbell was under siege from the SOG disparity but he must have been really strong. The Kings actually win games when he’s in goal and get mauled when it’s Quick.

This is going to be quite the interesting end of season:

Devils
At Hurricanes
At Panthers

Kings
At Ducks
Golden Knights

Sabres
Senators
At Red Wings

Devils need to lose both games if the Sabres don’t secure another point. I’m assuming we lose to Carolina tomorrow night. If the Sabres can grab even a point tomorrow or Saturday night, we can beat Florida and still hold them off.

I can’t see the Kings winning both of their remaining games. However, there’s a chance they could win one. If the Devils lose both and the Kings win one, for the first time in as long as I can remember, we would be second worst. The Devils would then have a 73% chance of picking in the top 4 and a 13% shot at Hughes/Kakko, respectively. If we finish third worst, it’s a 47% chance of picking top 4 with an 11% shot at Hughes/Kakko.

I just want this miserable season to be over already. Tuesday and the Draft Lottery reveal can’t come soon enough. I’ll be glad when all this speculation over final placement is over...and then we can speculate about who we pick. Haha

Last edited:

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I wasn’t expecting an LA win in Arizona against a desperate Coyotes team. Looks like Jack Campbell was under siege from the SOG disparity but he must have been really strong. The Kings actually win games when he’s in goal and get mauled when it’s Quick.

This is going to be quite the interesting end of season:

Devils
At Hurricanes
At Panthers

Kings
At Ducks
Golden Knights

Sabres
Senators
At Red Wings

Devils need to lose both games if the Sabres don’t secure another point. I’m assuming we lose to Carolina tomorrow night. If the Sabres can grab even a point tomorrow or Saturday night, we can beat Florida and still hold them off.

I can’t see the Kings winning both of their remaining games. However, there’s a chance they could win one. If the Devils lose both and the Kings win one, for the first time in as long as I can remember, we would be second worst. The Devils would then have a 73% chance of picking in the top 4 and a 13% shot at Hughes/Kakko, respectively. If we finish third worst, it’s a 47% chance of picking top 4 with an 11% shot at Hughes/Kakko.

I just want this miserable season to be over already. Tuesday and the Draft Lottery reveal can’t come soon enough. I’ll be glad when all this speculation over final placement is over...and then we can speculate about who we pick. Haha

The only thing I'm worried about is Buffalo. They're taking this to another level.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Like I said before, as long as buffalol or LA don't win lottery I'm happy. Wouldn't mind Wings winning it.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Like I said before, as long as buffalol or LA don't win lottery I'm happy. Wouldn't mind Wings winning it.

I feel bad for Buffalo and their fans - among the top tank teams (outside of NJ, of course) I would be rooting for the Sabres. The city gets a bad rap just like Winnipeg (never been to either, so can't say how deserved it is), so they have trouble recruiting free agents. I know they just hit the lottery with Dahlin, though his season has been quieter than expected and you can make the case that Heiskanen is the top rookie D-man this season. Many also thought at the beginning of the season that Mittlestat could be a Calder candidate, but with 12 goals in 75 games and just 13:31 ATOI that's not happening. The Nylander and Reinhart (could've had Draisaitl instead) picks aren't looking that great right now. Eichel was a nice consolation prize in losing out on the McDavid sweepstakes, but that was one of the most impressive tanking jobs in NHL history and there's a massive drop off from McDavid to Eichel. McDavid has only played in one more game than Eichel and he's outscoring him by 117 points already - a 0.41 points per game difference. And Ristolen's league leading -43 as a 24-year old former 8th overall pick in his 6th NHL season has to be concerning.

Colorado already has a good young core including perhaps the top college player in Makar and screw them for 2001. Still hate the Kings for 2012 and just being LA, plus Kovy. Detroit I'm fine with, especially seeing how they're playing down the stretch. Rangers - hopefully two other teams can leap them along with NJ getting a top 3 spot. Anaheim I'm fine with. Starting to feel bad for Edmonton, but not bad enough to want to see them win another draft lottery - screw them. Vancouver, Chicago don't bother me. Screw Philly and Minnesota...and even Florida for that matter. Arizona is fine and especially don't want to see Colorado having two top 4 picks.

For tonight, hopefully the Rangers can pick up 2 points against the Sens, which could potentially move them from 26th to 25th in the standings if Anaheim fails to pick up a point against the Flames tonight (go Calgary!). Blues winning in Chicago would certainly make things more interesting in the Central as they'd leap Nashville for 2nd in the division, with all 3 teams tied at 96 points with two games to go (so much for any chance of resting players before the playoffs for these 3 teams).

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
Not sure how bad I can feel for the Sabres. Not like they've been picking middle of the pack for years. They had some high draft picks and some decent veteran talent around the organization. Why they can't put anything together I don't know. Don't know enough about them but that's my perspective as an ignorant outsider.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I feel bad for Buffalo and their fans - among the top tank teams (outside of NJ, of course) I would be rooting for the Sabres. The city gets a bad rap just like Winnipeg (never been to either, so can't say how deserved it is), so they have trouble recruiting free agents. I know they just hit the lottery with Dahlin, though his season has been quieter than expected and you can make the case that Heiskanen is the top rookie D-man this season. Many also thought at the beginning of the season that Mittlestat could be a Calder candidate, but with 12 goals in 75 games and just 13:31 ATOI that's not happening. The Nylander and Reinhart (could've had Draisaitl instead) picks aren't looking that great right now. Eichel was a nice consolation prize in losing out on the McDavid sweepstakes, but that was one of the most impressive tanking jobs in NHL history and there's a massive drop off from McDavid to Eichel. McDavid has only played in one more game than Eichel and he's outscoring him by 117 points already - a 0.41 points per game difference. And Ristolen's league leading -43 as a 24-year old former 8th overall pick in his 6th NHL season has to be concerning.

Colorado already has a good young core including perhaps the top college player in Makar and screw them for 2001. Still hate the Kings for 2012 and just being LA, plus Kovy. Detroit I'm fine with, especially seeing how they're playing down the stretch. Rangers - hopefully two other teams can leap them along with NJ getting a top 3 spot. Anaheim I'm fine with. Starting to feel bad for Edmonton, but not bad enough to want to see them win another draft lottery - screw them. Vancouver, Chicago don't bother me. Screw Philly and Minnesota...and even Florida for that matter. Arizona is fine and especially don't want to see Colorado having two top 4 picks.

For tonight, hopefully the Rangers can pick up 2 points against the Sens, which could potentially move them from 26th to 25th in the standings if Anaheim fails to pick up a point against the Flames tonight (go Calgary!). Blues winning in Chicago would certainly make things more interesting in the Central as they'd leap Nashville for 2nd in the division, with all 3 teams tied at 96 points with two games to go (so much for any chance of resting players before the playoffs for these 3 teams).

its nothing to write home about thats for sure

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Watching STL-CHI and I have to say (and not that it would've made a difference in the overall result), but it sucks we couldn't get Maroon to re-sign last summer.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight. Fell asleep early and didn't get around to do doing one yet.

Senators vs Rangers: 1 goal against Nilsson, no chance. 4 goals against Lundqvist, no chance on any.

Blues vs Blackhawks: 3 goals against Allen, no chance on any. 3 goals against Ward, 2 stoppable.

Flames vs Ducks: 3 goals against Rittich, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Miller, no chance.

So that's 15 goals scored on goalies tonight, 4 are stoppable. That's 27% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .923%,

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is David Perron on Cam Ward. Usually, Pierre sees eye to eye with me on bad goals, but he didn't think so on this one. Neither did Eddie, who works for the team Ward plays for. Final softy of the night/game for Ward in the NHL? Maybe.

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
The results tonight cement the Devils finishing no lower than third worst. The possibility of second worst still remains. The Kings would need two points from games at Anaheim and home against Vegas, in conjunction with the Devils losing in Florida.

For those who care (or don’t...haha), the loser of Detroit/Buffalo on Saturday night will finish with the fourth worst record.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
The results tonight cement the Devils finishing no lower than third worst. The possibility of second worst still remains. The Kings would need two points from games at Anaheim and home against Vegas. The Devils would need to lose in Florida.

For those who care (or don’t...haha), the loser of Detroit/Buffalo on Saturday night will finish with the fourth worst record.

Buffalo beating Ottawa is the most Buffalo thing they've done all year.

So locked into a top 6 pick no matter what.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad