OOT Scoreboard 2018-19 Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Nope.

He's dressed as the backup for both Korpisalo and Bobrovsky about 4 or 5 times, but has not stepped on the ice for them during game time once. I expect Korpisalo will play tomorrow night with Kinkaid as the backup.

Even I figured they'd give him two or three games, but they were fighting for their playoff lives and played Bobrovsky more often than not.

I'm now paranoid that we'll have to take back some stupid Blue Jacket contract with term remaining (think some kind of Dalton Prout type) later on down the road, in exchange for them doing us the favor of letting us dump him there. We could have just kept him and told him you're going upstairs or you'll dress sometimes as the backup for Cory or Mac, but you won't play again unless whoever you're backing up for gets injured and you have to come in.

What in the hell was the reason for trading for him then unless maybe they thought Korpi was dinged up or something.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What in the hell was the reason for trading for him then unless maybe they thought Korpi was dinged up or something.
I'm thinking it was some kind of favor.

Just to get him off this team, but we could have kept him and used him in the same capacity here. By not using him at all.

Maybe they wanna sign him after Bob leaves this summer, but if their tandem is Korpisalo and Kinkaid, either would be the 31st best starter in the NHL, so that's a tandem that looks like the worst in the league on paper.

It will be interesting to see if they keep Kinkaid or not.

They should really think about it though. His save percentage when you remove his games against Toronto and Tampa was .900%, which is bad, but not .891% bad.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There's a very rare soft goal on Campbell.

That might be it for the Kings. Gibson blowing a two goal lead? Probably not.

This dead Kings team even challenging Gibson enough to come back from 2 goals down? I don't think so. This Kings team is beyond decrepit.

Maybe they'll get a point tomorrow night if Subban starts for Vegas, but Fleury was back in last night, so I'm not sure Subban does play.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kings tank is fully armed and operational.
Logic and reason would suggest that Willie Desjardins will never coach in the NHL again after this, not as a head coach he won't.

But I think he has a great chance to get another job or potentially more than one job after this from a team that makes a mid-season coaching change and doesn't expect to save their season and just want to bottom out.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
whelp. 29th place it is. 0 faith in quick winning a game. Even a flames team in who gives a shit mode lit him up.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Blue Jackets vs Rangers: 2 goals against Bobrovsky, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Georgiev, no chance on either.

Stars vs Blackhawks: 6 goals against Khudobin, 3 stoppable. 1 goal against Ward, no chance.

Kings vs Ducks: 4 goals against Campbell, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Gibson, no chance on either.

So that's 17 goals scored on goalies, 5 are stoppable. That's 29% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .920%.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
whelp. 29th place it is. 0 faith in quick winning a game. Even a flames team in who gives a **** mode lit him up.
You need to stop blaming Quick bro. It's the Kings defense that's bad and save percentage is a bullshit meaningless stat anyway. The same people who told me Kinkaid wasn't really the 31st best starting goalie in the league this year told me.

The funny thing is that the people saying Quick wasn't really the 31st best starting goalie in the league this year were actually right in the end. The #31 starting goalie in the league this year was.... Wait for it.... Jonathan Quick.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
True. Now would be about the time we actually win in Florida.:laugh:
I was thinking the same thing.

And since I don't think the Kings are winning tomorrow and probably won't get a point either, it's not like it would hurt us any more than if we had just lost in regulation, while the Kings also lost in regulation.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
With as many stinkers as Khudobin let in tonight, this Buchnevich goal on Bobrovsky is a pretty easy one for the penultimate regular season softy of the night. He must have thought the playoffs already started.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Should do top five softest goals and put it on the main board.
There's been so many of them, that I don't remember them all, but I'm pretty sure I must have given the most to Mike Smith out of anyone in the league this year.

Jake Allen has gotta be up there too, but he hasn't had many since early in the season, since Binnington came up and he's been slid into his proper role as a backup.

Mike Condon's dump in goal from Derek Stepan would probably be the worst. Came from the opposite blue line.

Drew Stafford's goal on Martin Jones in December was also very bad.

The Alex Tuch goal on Cory back in December and the center ice goal a couple weeks back against him also come to mind.

But there's been so many from Mike Smith, that I don't even remember them all.

Kinkaid had a really atrocious one against Nashville in October.

Garret Sparks has had quite a few, including at least 3 or 4 from behind the goal line, which is why he's been banished from the Leafs recently. I would say he might lead the league in goals from behind the goal line, but he's only played like 20 games.

Linus Ullmark must lead the league in wraparound goals against.

Koskinen has been horrific and has had his fair share of softy of the night's.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Should do top five softest goals and put it on the main board.

There's been so many of them, that I don't remember them all, but I'm pretty sure I must have given the most to Mike Smith out of anyone in the league this year.

Jake Allen has gotta be up there too, but he hasn't had many since early in the season, since Binnington came up and he's been slid into his proper role as a backup.

Mike Condon's dump in goal from Derek Stepan would probably be the worst. Came from the opposite blue line.

Drew Stafford's goal on Martin Jones in December was also very bad.

The Alex Tuch goal on Cory back in December and the center ice goal a couple weeks back against him also come to mind.

But there's been so many from Mike Smith, that I don't even remember them all.

Kinkaid had a really atrocious one against Nashville in October.

Garret Sparks has had quite a few, including at least 3 or 4 from behind the goal line, which is why he's been banished from the Leafs recently. I would say he might lead the league in goals from behind the goal line, but he's only played like 20 games.

Linus Ullmark must lead the league in wraparound goals against.

Koskinen has been horrific and has had his fair share of softy of the night's.

Eddy: Suggests top 5 softy poll on the main board
Bleed: Too many to remember to post
Bleed: Goes on rant explaining the worst goals he’s seen this year
Me: :laugh:

Reactions: Nubmer6

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Eddy: Suggests top 5 softy poll on the main board
Bleed: Too many to remember to post
Bleed: Goes on rant explaining the worst goals he’s seen this year
Me: :laugh:
Outside of the one on Condon, I think the other ones are easy to remember only because they were against goalies on my favorite team or scored by someone on my favorite team against my second favorite. Mike Smith has let in a lot of really bad leaky goals this year, but too many to remember which was the worst on him.

Bobrovsky has let in a few poor dead angle goals this year like the one he allowed last night. I remember Valiquette saying that Bobrovsky allowed exactly 0 goals from a dead angle during the lockout season when we won the Vezina, when he was going over some dead angle goal happened in a game like that.

Matt Murray let in a really bad goal on opening night to Brooks Orpik. That one really sticks out.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Outside of the one on Condon, I think the other ones are easy to remember only because they were against goalies on my favorite team or scored by someone on my favorite team against my second favorite. Mike Smith has let in a lot of really bad leaky goals this year, but too many to remember which was the worst on him.

Bobrovsky has let in a few poor dead angle goals this year like the one he allowed last night. I remember Valiquette saying that Bobrovsky allowed exactly 0 goals from a dead angle during the lockout season when we won the Vezina, when he was going over some dead angle goal happened in a game like that.

Matt Murray let in a really bad goal on opening night to Brooks Orpik. That one really sticks out.

Back to what @Emperoreddy said... I think you’ve done enough work this year that it should culminate in an awards show type finale with the top 5 worst poll. You’ve had some good posts all year and cut yourself out a little corner of the hfboards world and made it your own.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Don’t forget that Corey softie from like center ice that happened fairly recently. Also **** the kings.
That was definitely one I had mentioned. And the Alex Tuch goal on him in December. It got him yanked and he wasn’t heard from again for a while.

Reactions: Azathoth

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Back to what @Emperoreddy said... I think you’ve done enough work this year that it should culminate in an awards show type finale with the top 5 worst poll. You’ve had some good posts all year and cut yourself out a little corner of the hfboards world and made it your own.
Thanks and I think I have you to credit for asking me to do this back when the season started. And I can also blame you when the small but vocal sect of posters gets pissed off by all the reviews and analysis.:laugh:

I’ve already got a couple of the Jones homers pissed off over on the Sharks forum. There’s some people who will find something wrong to go out of their way to not blame the goalie (Jones) on certain shots. “it’s a laser!” Or “The goalie only makes that save if the puck hits him and he gets lucky” or “There was a screen” from one skater 33 feet out. Or “It deflected off a skate lace”. It was the same thing over here with the “If you take his games against Toronto and Tampa Bay outbof his stats then Kinkaid would have a decent save percentage” stuff. Or the “Time to eat crow on Cory because 17 good games that proceeded 20 of the worst games a goalie has had in years is enough to deduce that he’s probably back to normal”. And I’m also waiting for the goalie Union to send me a cease and desist. :laugh:

There will be a stoppable goal Jennings Trophy, which Mikko Koskinen currently has a one goal lead over Martin Jones for and a 2 goal lead over Connor Hellebuyck.

There’s also a stoppable goal Vezina, which goes to the highest percentage of goals counted stoppable and it will have a games played requirement. Mike Smith and Mikko Koskinen are neck and neck. Hopefully that’s decided tonight. Think Smith leads by a fraction.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Chris Ryan did a good job of explaining potential tiebreakers with LA for whatever it's worth. We won't 'win' a tie with the Kings if we each have 70 points. We could if we each have 71, if the Kings win in regulation or OT.

If the Devils lose to the Florida Panthers in regulation on Saturday, the Kings would need to win their game against the Vegas Golden Knights in any fashion to jump the Devils.

Losing in overtime or a shootout would mean the Devils could at best finish tied with the Kings in the standings, and that would require a Kings win. If the Devils lost in OT or a shootout and the Kings won in regulation or overtime, the Kings would hold the tiebreaker, based on ROW wins. That would put the Devils in 30th. A Kings SO win plus one Devils point would also tie the two teams in the standings, but the Devils would hold the tiebreaker in this case, based on goal differential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad