OOT Scoreboard 2018-19 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Goals against review for tonight

Ducks vs Devils: 2 goals against Gibson, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Blackwood, 1 stoppable.

Kings vs Avalanche: 5 goals against Quick, 2 stoppable. 2 goals against Campbell in relief, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Varlamov, no chance.

Senators vs Blues: 3 goals against Anderson, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Binnington, 1 stoppable.

Jets vs Stars: 4 goals against Hellebuyck, 2 stoppable. 2 goals against Bishop, no chance on either.

Rangers vs Bruins: 2 goals against Lundqvist, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Rask, no chance on it and he leaves the game with a concussion after being barreled into on the goal. 2 goals against Halak in relief, no chance on either. One was a pretty soft deflection, but I don't think I can nail him on this one.

Flyers vs Canadiens: 2 goals against Hart, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Niemi, 1 stoppable.

Sharks vs Lightning: 6 goals against Jones, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Vasilevskiy, no chance on any,

Panthers vs Predators: 2 goals against Reimer, no chance on either. 4 goals against Saros, 1 stoppable.

Blue Jackets vs Wild: 2 goals against Bobrovsky, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Dubnyk and it's stoppable.

Penguins vs Golden Knights: 6 goals against DeSmith, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Fleury, no chance on any.

Flames vs Oilers: 2 goals against Rittich, no chance on either. 5 goals against Koskinen, 3 stoppable. How the **** does this guy have an above average save percentage? I don't see it. Too many weak goals against this year.

So that's 69 goals scored on goalies tonight, 20 are stoppable. That's 29% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Quite a bit up from last few nights. Combined save percentages were a pretty poor .896% tonight.

will you have a total end of season summary with these stats?

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
If the Hawks finish off the Caps today will be in a four way tie for the second least amount of points in the league.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
and if you want to feel worse about our coaching staff, watch what the islanders are doing to the ducks right now. they may be the real deal with trotz; without him, they would be irrelevant IMO

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I would have thought Trotz had the Jack Adams locked up already...but geez Calgary's just as big a surprise if not even more so. Maybe Bill Peters gets it and falls victim to the curse.

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos
and if you want to feel worse about our coaching staff, watch what the islanders are doing to the ducks right now. they may be the real deal with trotz; without him, they would be irrelevant IMO
The islanders of last year and this year are a great example of how coaching can alter a teams trajectory. I know they had a bit of roster turnover but I don’t think anyone though their moves in the offseason where good enough to offset the loss of Tavares.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
will you have a total end of season summary with these stats?
Yes I will. Been tracking in a file on my computer all year and adding as we go along.

By the way, Koskinen is a brutal netminder on my eye test. Save percentage probably should be .895% and not .913%. This guy is terrible.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
horrid goal allowed Delia
The first two goals on him today would both be softy of the month candidates, never mind softy of the night.
This Delia has to learn how to stay on his skates.

He always goes down, easy to score on up top
He's been good this year and had a hot start, but just like Blackwood, the percentages are evening out and he's not as good as his start. Nobody sustains that. Just like Blackwood isn't, Delia isn't either.
and goaltending
All 3 goals Copley allowed were just BAD goals. If they hadn't pulled Holtby, they might have won this game or gotten a point at least. Holtby allowed 4 goals on 11 shots, but I only found one that he could have had. Copley allowed 3 really brutal goals and it killed his team today.

Copley is another really bad goalie on the eyetest that somehow had a save percentage above .900% before today's game. And it looks like it was on complete and utter accident.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Capitals vs Blackhawks: 4 goals against Holtby, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Copley in relief, all 3 are stoppable. 5 goals against Delia, 2 stoppable.

Ducks vs Islanders: 3 goals against Johnson, 1 stoppable. Lehner gets the shutout.

Red Wings vs Canucks: 3 goals against Bernier, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Markstrom, no chance on either.

Coyotes vs Maple Leafs: 2 goals against Kuemper, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Andersen, 2 stoppable.

Hurricanes vs Oilers: 4 goals against Mrazek, no chance on any. 3 goals against Talbot, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Koskinen in relief, no chance on any.

So that's 35 goals scored on goalies tonight, 12 were stoppable. That's 34% of goals scored on goalies tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were a beyond wretched .880%. There were so many really horrid goals scored tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: DerekDevils30

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I could give either of the first two goals on Delia the softy of the night, but when one of them is scored by Brooks Orpik and his 18 career goals in 1002 career games, then that's gotta win in the process of elimination.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The first two goals on him today would both be softy of the month candidates, never mind softy of the night.

He's been good this year and had a hot start, but just like Blackwood, the percentages are evening out and he's not as good as his start. Nobody sustains that. Just like Blackwood isn't, Delia isn't either.

All 3 goals Copley allowed were just BAD goals. If they hadn't pulled Holtby, they might have won this game or gotten a point at least. Holtby allowed 4 goals on 11 shots, but I only found one that he could have had. Copley allowed 3 really brutal goals and it killed his team today.

Copley is another really bad goalie on the eyetest that somehow had a save percentage above .900% before today's game. And it looks like it was on complete and utter accident.

Didn’t we light Copley up way back in that joyous 4-0 start?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Still don’t buy that Isles roster as legit, but Trotz is pulling everything he can out of it right now.
They seem to be playing their best hockey right now and have earned their wins in this stretch, but they were riding some really unsustainable percentages earlier in the season and that's really what has them at the top of the division right now, when they probably should have been just inside the playoffs right now if they would have lost more games early on, which they should have.
Didn’t we light Copley up way back in that joyous 4-0 start?
Yup.

He was terrible that night, he's still terrible right now. This is the kind of goalie that doesn't stay in the league for more than 2-3 years max, at least not permanently. Justin Peters is another one I think of, that didn't last very long. He was with the Caps too. But he actually had a good year that got him a multi year deal after that, which half of it was spent in the AHL.

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Damn, Toews and Kane both with five points on the night. Toews with a pretty neat goal too to notch the hat trick.

Kane now has 23 points in his last 10 games. Also two points away from 900.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad