OOT Scoreboard 2018-19 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Predators vs Hurricanes: 5 goals against Rinne, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Mrazek, no chance on any.

Ducks vs Jets: 4 goals against Gibson, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Hellebuyck, 2 stoppable.

Rangers vs Blue Jackets: 7 goals against Georgiev, 2 stoppable. 5 goals against Bobrovsky, 2 stoppable. Georgiev didn't have a chance on the first 5 goals, but the last two were fairly weak.

Panthers vs Canucks: 3 goals against Luongo, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Markstrom, no chance.

Lightning vs Islanders: 4 goals against Vasilevskiy, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Greiss and it's stoppable.

Coyotes vs Flames: 1 goal against Smith, no chance. 7 goals against Hill, 3 stoppable.

So that's 44 goals scored on goalies tonight, 15 of them were stoppable. That's 34% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were a dreadful .881% to go along with that high stoppable goal count.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is pretty easily this dead angle goal from Cogliano on Hellebuyck.

Reactions: Dialamo

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Rico must be having flashbacks of the "goals for Cory" era this year. Gibson is one of the elite goalies in this league and they just can't win lately.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight and it's gonna be a real doozy.

Blackhawks vs Devils: 6 goals against Ward, 3 stoppable. 1 goal against Delia in relief, no chance. 5 goals against Blackwood, 4 stoppable. Ouch. Only have him down for 5 stoppable on the year including tonight though. Still a lower percentage than the other two that have played goal here this year.

Avalanche vs Maples Leafs: 3 goals against Varlamov, 2 stoppable. 4 goals against Anderson, 1 stoppable.

Wild vs Flyers: 6 goals against Dubnyk, no chance on any. 4 goals against Hart, 1 stoppable. Dubnyk's given up a high percentage of stoppable goals for having an above average save percentage this year. 6 goals on 26 shots probably evens out his numbers a bit.

Blues vs Capitals: 1 goal against Allen, no chance. 4 goals against Copley, 2 stoppable.

Canadiens vs Bruins: 2 goals against Price, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Rask, no chance on any.

Sabres vs Oilers: 5 goals against Hutton, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Ullmark in relief, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Koskinen, no chance on either.

So that's 48 goals scored on goalies tonight, 16 were stoppable. That's 33% of goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were a hideous .878%. The lowest they've been in a while for one night with a decent amount of games. Certainly backs up the high stoppable goal percentage tonight.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night goes to Pheonix Copley for this behind the goal line goal from Ivan Barbashev. Complete with commentary from Darren Pang critiquing the reverse VH.

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Softy of the night goes to Pheonix Copley for this behind the goal line goal from Ivan Barbashev. Complete with commentary from Darren Pang critiquing the reverse VH.

That's a bad goal to give up, but having watched the highlights of the Devils - Hawks game earlier today, I would have given it to Ward for that five hole goal by Palmieri. I mean it didn't get deflected or anything and I didn't think there really was that big of a screen. Shades of '11-'12 Bryzgalov on that one.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That's a bad goal to give up, but having watched the highlights of the Devils - Hawks game earlier today, I would have given it to Ward for that five hole goal by Palmieri. I mean it didn't get deflected or anything and I didn't think there really was that big of a screen. Shades of '11-'12 Bryzgalov on that one.
Great suggestion! I always welcome participation! I didn’t forget that was a softy, but I did forget how bad it was. Was that the one that was so bad Steve said something about Zacha on it, thinking he tipped it in at the side of the net?

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
also thought Zacha tipped it, looked that way from Zacha's motion and was definitely looking for a pass there, went in and out so fast I didn't track it at all. really bad goal

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Great suggestion! I always welcome participation! I didn’t forget that was a softy, but I did forget how bad it was. Was that the one that was so bad Steve said something about Zacha on it, thinking he tipped it in at the side of the net?
Yes, that one. A soft pass that just went through him. At first I though it went off someones skate or something.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Devils vs Blue Jackets: 4 goals against Kinkaid, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Korpisalo, no chance.

Blues vs Islanders: 2 goals against Binnington, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Lehner, no chance.

Hurricanes vs Rangers: 6 goals against McElhinney, 3 stoppable. 2 goals against Lundqvist, no chance on either.

Panthers vs Canadiens: 4 goals against Reimer, no chance on any. 1 goal against Niemi, no chance.

Ducks vs Red Wings: 3 goals against Gibson, no chance on any. 1 goal against Howard, no chance.

Capitals vs Predators: 7 goals against Copley, 3 stoppable. 2 goals against Saros, no chance on either.

Kings vs Wild: 2 goals against Quick, no chance on either. 2 goals against Stalock, no chance on either.

Golden Knights vs Jets: 2 goals against Fleury, no chance on either. 1 goal against Hellebuyck, no chance.

Lightning vs Stars: 2 goals against Khudobin, no chance on either. Vasilevskiy gets the shutout.

Penguins vs Sharks: 4 goals against Murray, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Jones, 1 stoppable.

So that's 49 goals scored on goalies tonight, 10 were stoppable. That's just over 20% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .921%. Pretty low count tonight and only 2 guys in Copley and McElhinney were terrible and accounted for more than half of these.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hard to pick a softy of the night tonight. Copley and McElhinney were both terrible, but didn't give up anything really worth a softy of the night. This goal from Filppula on Jordan Binnington is the softy of the night on the OT winner. Binnington clearly looks like he knew he should have had it. On most nights where goaltending has been worse than tonight, this probably wouldn't be the softy of the night.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Correction on the goals against review last night. Just a minor correction. Goalie in net for Winnipeg last night was Brossoit, not Hellebuyck. He didn't let in a stoppable goal, so it's no big deal anyway.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Dell lets in a bad softy
It was definitely a bad one. Second goal might not have been good either.
Halak let in 4 goals on 19 shots? Woof. Imagine he makes Bleed’s list.
I'd have to see. He's due for some ''Non-stoppable goals'' in games he's been lit up in, as his stoppable goal count is very high for how high his save percentage is. Same thing with Rask.

I had some jerk on another board telling me last year that Rask has fallen off a bit in the last few years due to the defense and the roster becoming worse. I think if there's an argument to be made, it's that their team might be making their goalies save percentages higher, because they aren't looking so great on my eye test.

Halak doesn't look much better to me with Boston than he did with the Islanders. The biggest difference is he's allowing fewer goals because he isn't facing 50 shots a night anymore, but he still allows some poor goals.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Colorado has been free fallin lately, but the Anaheim Carlyle's have really taken a dive and the same thing with Edmonton. No one is really giving them any competition for that spot.

I'd like to see Vancouver take a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad