OOT Scoreboard 2018-19 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camille the Eel

So, with the final scores in tonight, the standings at the break are set.

Of everyone, the team that surprises me most is probably Montreal with 61 points, just 1 behind Toronto and in 3d in that division. 6 points up on Pittsburgh, which is the bottom wild card.

I really didn’t think that the Habs would be competitive this year. Like the Isles they are a balanced club but - to me - even more of a no-name bunch. I couldn’t give you the names of more than maybe 7 guys on that team off the top of my head even after watching two of their games recently.

Also was surprised to notice what a hot streak Raleigh has been on for about a month. Is Sebastian Aho that good? His line is piling up the points, Teravainnen also. (My, the Blackhawks certainly let the wrong guys get away in both him and Panarin). Their personnel shuffles since last season seem to be working out. But that a team backstopped by Mrazek can sustain this is questionable.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Capitals vs Maples Leafs: 5 goals against Holtby, 3 stoppable. 3 goals against Andersen, 1 stoppable.

Coyotes vs Canadiens: 2 goals against Pickard, no chance on either. 1 goal against Price, no chance.

Wild vs Avalanche: 2 goals against Dubnyk, no chance on either. 5 goals against Grubauer, 2 stoppable.

Predators vs Golden Knights: 1 goal against Saros, no chance. 2 goals against Fleury, 1 stoppable. Kind of more fluky than stoppable, but it looked like he also turned the puck over before it and the Golden Knights never got possession in between his turnover and the goal happening.

Blues vs Ducks: 1 goal against Binnington and it's stoppable. 5 goals against Gibson, 1 stoppable.

Hurricanes vs Canucks: 2 goals against Nedeljkovic, no chance on either. 5 goals against Markstrom, 2 stoppable.

So that's 34 goals scored on goalies tonight, 11 are stoppable. That's a little over 32% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages tonight were .907%.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It was hard to find a softy of the night because nothing was really THAT bad, but I thought this one was probably it, if I had to choose one. This Auston Matthews goal on Holtby. Goes 5-hole on him while he's in position.

The Leafs goal song is still one of the worst in the league. 80's love song as a goal song? What the hell?

Reactions: David Conte

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So, with the final scores in tonight, the standings at the break are set.

Of everyone, the team that surprises me most is probably Montreal with 61 points, just 1 behind Toronto and in 3d in that division. 6 points up on Pittsburgh, which is the bottom wild card.

I really didn’t think that the Habs would be competitive this year. Like the Isles they are a balanced club but - to me - even more of a no-name bunch. I couldn’t give you the names of more than maybe 7 guys on that team off the top of my head even after watching two of their games recently.

Also was surprised to notice what a hot streak Raleigh has been on for about a month. Is Sebastian Aho that good? His line is piling up the points, Teravainnen also. (My, the Blackhawks certainly let the wrong guys get away in both him and Panarin). Their personnel shuffles since last season seem to be working out. But that a team backstopped by Mrazek can sustain this is questionable.
DD is not surprised by Raleigh's hot streak and does think that a team backstopped by Mrazek can sustain success.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Devils vs Penguins: 3 goals against Kinkaid, 1 stoppable. 6 goals against Murray, 1 stoppable. The only goal I thought he could or should have had was the Severson goal, but when reviewing every goal again in the condensed game video, the Pens guy critiqued Murray on the Coleman goal, saying the past few games he's been out challenging and that shot hits him in the shoulder but with how deep in his crease he was on this play, that beat him. I didn't nail him on that one though.

Jets vs Flyers: 3 goals against Hellebuyck, no chance on any. 1 goal against Hart, no chance.

So that's 13 goals scored on goalies tonight, 2 were stoppable. That's 15% of the goals allowed tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .904%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is probably this goal that Severson scored on Murray. There were really only two to choose from. Could have given it to Kinkaid, as his was due to his error with the puck, but I thought this was a pretty poor goal. I didn't think this was enough of a screen.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
The only goal I thought he could or should have had was the Severson goal, but when reviewing every goal again in the condensed game video, the Pens guy critiqued Murray on the Coleman goal, saying the past few games he's been out challenging and that shot hits him in the shoulder but with how deep in his crease he was on this play, that beat him.
If I remember it correctly, it was cross-ice to almost a one-timer. There's no reason he should have been further out from the goal. It would have taken him longer to get across.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If I remember it correctly, it was cross-ice to almost a one-timer. There's no reason he should have been further out from the goal. It would have taken him longer to get across.
I don't even remember anymore, but it didn't look like something he should have had to me.

I am also more forgiving when a goalie is beaten on the stick side (at least from that range) than when a goalie is beaten glove side, especially on the short side.

This is something where a lot of people don't agree. I'm not talking on a goal like Palmieri's tonight though. That was basically a one timer or close enough to one. It was in the back of the net before Murray could even move his arm.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That ''Will Tuukka Rask become a hall of famer?'' thread on the main board.... I see @Cage Helmet has already made an appearance in there. I'm sure he loved reading that.

I'm already waiting for the all the heated replies after I declared that both Fleury and Jonathan Quick have a better chance at this moment. The talk of Jonathan Quick in the HOF almost always causes a stir on the main board and gets a rise out of people.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Devils vs Penguins: 3 goals against Kinkaid, 1 stoppable. 6 goals against Murray, 1 stoppable. The only goal I thought he could or should have had was the Severson goal, but when reviewing every goal again in the condensed game video, the Pens guy critiqued Murray on the Coleman goal, saying the past few games he's been out challenging and that shot hits him in the shoulder but with how deep in his crease he was on this play, that beat him. I didn't nail him on that one though.

Jets vs Flyers: 3 goals against Hellebuyck, no chance on any. 1 goal against Hart, no chance.

So that's 13 goals scored on goalies tonight, 2 were stoppable. That's 15% of the goals allowed tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .904%.

How many stoppable against Hart?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How many stoppable against Hart?
Last night? Or on the season? None last night. I think it’s 6 or 7 on the season. Actually I have him down for 8. His goals against is 31. That’s not bad. Not nearly the best and even further from some of the worst.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Of course the Rags save Lundy for us

The compete level tonight stinks
A bad product
Lundy isn't that good anymore. His last 1.5 months before the break was on par with Kinkaid's last 1.5 months before the break. He's been an .889% since the second game of December and is an .864% in 6 games this month.

I'm surprised Lundqvist didn't play both tonight and Thursday, but it's probably because he just got back from the all star game. They usually do that, where they don't play a goalie the first game back from the all star game if he played in it.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Rags stole Zibanijad away from Ottawa

Yeah Brassard helped the Senzzz go on a good playoff run and beat the Rags but it ended up being a horrible trade for Ottawa

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rags stole Zibanijad away from Ottawa

Yeah Brassard helped the Senzzz go on a good playoff run and beat the Rags but it ended up being a horrible trade for Ottawa
It was a BAD trade for Ottawa.

There's a been a couple people who've tried to rationalize this trade by calling out Zibanejad's effort level.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Jets vs Bruins: 3 goals against Hellebuyck, no chance on any. 3 goals against Halak, 1 stoppable. 1 of the goals on Hellebuyck was a bit borderline though, but I didn't ding him on that one.

Sabres vs Blue Jackets: 4 goals against Hutton, 1 stoppable. 5 goals against Bobrovsky, 2 stoppable.

Flyers vs Rangers: 1 goal against Georgiev, no chance. Stolarz gets the shutout.

So that's 16 goals scored on goalies tonight, 4 are stoppable. That's 25% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages tonight were .918%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It was real hard to do a softy of the night, which is sometimes hard when there's only 3 games the whole night.

I thought this one was pretty bad. Yeah, it's a breakaway, but Bobrovsky has it and looks like he may have tripped himself into the net. It was pretty funny looking at it. I gotta wonder how much he's cost himself on his next deal with this poor year he's having.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad