OOT Scoreboard 2018-19 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was out tonight and DVR'd the Sharks game for later. I'm taking a break from hockey this week with the break and trying to enjoy a bit of a social life.

Think I should just delete and not bother watching.

I saw top-8 goalie in the NHL Martin Jones allowed 5 goals on barely 20 shots again. Maybe we need to send them Keith Kinkaid? Might be an upgrade for them....

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I was out tonight and DVR'd the Sharks game for later. I'm taking a break from hockey this week with the break and trying to enjoy a bit of a social life.

Think I should just delete and not bother watching.

I saw top-8 goalie in the NHL Martin Jones allowed 5 goals on barely 20 shots again. Maybe we need to send them Keith Kinkaid? Might be an upgrade for them....
You're not doing a goalie analysis of the all-star game??? :sarcasm:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Predators vs Avalanche: 1 goal against Rinne, no chance. 3 goals against Varlamov, 2 stoppable. Man, I remember the days when he was one of the best in the league early this season on both my eye test and save percentage. Not anymore. He's taken almost as much of a dive as Lundqvist has over the past month/month and a half.

Blues vs Kings: 4 goals against Binnington, no chance on any. 3 goals against Quick, 1 stoppable.

Wild vs Golden Knights: 2 goals against Dubnyk, no chance on either. 3 goals against Fleury, no chance on any. First goal on Dubnyk was iffy, but it was so hard to see exactly where it beat him. Might have been through the arm and body, but he was sliding as it beat him. Too inconclusive to get a definitive look. Didn't nail him on that one.

Sharks vs Panthers: 5 goals against Jones, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Dell in relief, no chance. 2 goals against Luongo, no chance on either.

So that's 24 goals scored on goalies tonight, 5 were stoppable. That's 21% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were an even .900% tonight, but outside of Varlamov and Jones, goalies played pretty well.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You're not doing a goalie analysis of the all-star game??? :sarcasm:
I can do one on the all star game. Just for fun.

I won't count them to the in-season tally for each goalie though, because that would be stupid, since it's not a real game and nobody actually tries too hard.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I can do one on the all star game. Just for fun.

I won't count them to the in-season tally for each goalie though, because that would be stupid, since it's not a real game and nobody actually tries too hard.
I was kinda joking :)

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was kinda joking :)
I figured as much, but what the hell?

There won't be any games for me to review that night and there won't be any Panthers, NYb, Rawly or Senzzzz games for DD to talk about how scorching white hot and surging they all are!:sarcasm:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night goes to Varlamov for this wraparound goal on Arvidsson. Because it's 2019 and wraparound goals don't really happen as much anymore and when they do, you can usually fault the goalie.

Camille the Eel

But SJ ties the game with one second left and Hertl wins it in OT with a goal that really Holtby could have stopped. Talk about deep in your net on a shot from a hard wing angle.

2 hat tricks in the same game. Ovechkin for the Caps and Hertl for SJ.

Caps are happy to see the break. 7 straight losses. With Trotz’s return earlier in the week to a 2 minute standing O, plenty of people there now coming out of the closet to say “why’d we let him go?”

Caps look like a tired club right now. But losing you always look tired. Chicken or Egg? Losing because you’re tired or tired because you’re losing? Impossible to tell.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
But SJ ties the game with one second left and Hertl wins it in OT with a goal that really Holtby could have stopped. Talk about deep in your net on a shot from a hard wing angle.
Looking like softy of the night right now, but I haven't watched anything else yet.

Camille the Eel

After watching the Isles - really what they are is simply a very well coached and hardworking club. They have talent, but really not to outclass the opposition like, for instance, Tampa. But they play a very tight game, play fundamentally sound, stay in position, defend and work like hell. And that’s enough to have them in 1st at the break.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
God Edmonton is so ****ing bad
Not a good game for Koskinen. At least 2 really soft goals and the other wasn't really great. Not a great game coming off that (stupid) extension.

At least Ray Ferraro will call him out for these turd goals like the first and third goal tonight.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Sharks vs Capitals: 6 goals against Jones, 2 stoppable. 7 goals against Holtby, 1 stoppable.

Coyotes vs Senators: 2 goals against Kuemper, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Anderson, no chance on any.

Islanders vs Blackhawks: 2 goals against Lehner, no chance on either. 2 goals against Ward, 1 stoppable.

Hurricanes vs Flames: 3 goals against Mrazek, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Rittich, no chance on either.

Red Wings vs Oilers: 2 goals against Howard, no chance on either. 3 goals against Koskinen, 2 stoppable. I really could have also given him another for the other goal. He was brutal.

So that's 32 goals scored on goalies tonight, 8 of them were stoppable. That's 25% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .906%.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night goes to Koskinen for this brutal goal on Glendening. Ray Ferraro ripped him on this one and the first one. It also wound up being the game winner after Edmonton pulled it to one with him pulled later in the game.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Softy of the night goes to Varlamov for this wraparound goal on Arvidsson. Because it's 2019 and wraparound goals don't really happen as much anymore and when they do, you can usually fault the goalie.

1)That was pretty lightning fast by Arvidsson. The fact that there are few wrap around goals attempts anymore may have played in his favor.

2)How bout Nashville fans traveling to Colorado? Pretty impressive.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Holtby gives up 7 and a hat trick to Hertl last night. They go right back to him and he gives up 5 already and a hat trick to Kadri tonight. He's stunk the last month.

In his last 3 starts about 7.00 GAA and sub .800 SV%
Funny enough. I think they took a page out of DeBoer's book from when they played him the night before. He started Martin Jones against Florida on Monday night, he allowed 5 goals and got yanked very late in regulation. Then he went right back to him the next night against Washington, which was last night and he gave up 6 but got the win.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
1)That was pretty lightning fast by Arvidsson. The fact that there are few wrap around goals attempts anymore may have played in his favor.

2)How bout Nashville fans traveling to Colorado? Pretty impressive.
I remember whenever they changed the nets a few years ago (either in 2016-2017 or 2015-2016) wraparounds seemed to actually go up from the previous years before that. The new nets made it easier for wraparounds.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I remember whenever they changed the nets a few years ago (either in 2016-2017 or 2015-2016) wraparounds seemed to actually go up from the previous years before that. The new nets made it easier for wraparounds.
New nets? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad