Ontario Reign 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
I thought the opposite, that MacDermid didn't do so well. He looked particularly lost in the first, he contributed to that hole they were in for sure. He did get better as the game went on. He certainly looked nowhere near where he needs to be to play most teams in the NHL. He would have been turn-styled multiple times with the way the Sharks were buzzing last night. His toughness would be a welcome addition, I'm just skeptical that he has the skill to put it all together. It wouldn't be because of effort, he has that in spades.

For sure, I agree. Defensively they all looked lost and he certainly was a part of that. By standing out in a good way, I just meant he was one of the few who, along with the blunders, also did some noticeable, positive things. He had a couple of good rushes and dominated Stockton physically. I watched him closely last year during his stint. Obviously he wasn't ready then and he probably isn't ready now. I do hope he will be in the future, though I'm not holding my breath.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I thought the opposite, that MacDermid didn't do so well. He looked particularly lost in the first, he contributed to that hole they were in for sure. He did get better as the game went on. He certainly looked nowhere near where he needs to be to play most teams in the NHL. He would have been turn-styled multiple times with the way the Sharks were buzzing last night. His toughness would be a welcome addition, I'm just skeptical that he has the skill to put it all together. It wouldn't be because of effort, he has that in spades.
Welcome to MacDermid’s bandwagon. Dude can do no wrong, as long as he keeps hitting an fighting.

Eagle Fang

Oct 12, 2005
What an ignorant comment. I don't think anyone who has watched MaD play would say he's anything more than an AHL player at this point. His physical play though is what keeps him in the conversation.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Jesus Christ. Props to Sabourin for hanging in there but I can't believe he asked for that...just roadkill. Pumped for like 20 seconds :laugh:

What an ignorant comment. I don't think anyone who has watched MaD play would say he's anything more than an AHL player at this point. His physical play though is what keeps him in the conversation.

Physical play plus he's easy to root for in the sense the Kings org praises his hard work on and off the ice and he's apparently just a good human being. Always cheer for a longshot on skill to improve and develop via hard work to being a good pro.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Well you are wrong about that, exactly a couple of posts back somebody thinks otherwise, so who is ignorant here.

Eagle Fang

Oct 12, 2005
You mean the comment someone made about him being the 7th dman over Fantenberg? Really? I stand by my post.

Reactions: yankeeking

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Welcome to MacDermid’s bandwagon. Dude can do no wrong, as long as he keeps hitting an fighting.

Welcome to thinking we like a guy because he's North American instead of because Fantenberg sucks.

I'm looking forward to Visnovsky's legends night. I'm not Don Cherry. Fantenberg just isn't particularly good at anything. I'd feel the same if he was from Saskatoon.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Welcome to thinking we like a guy because he's North American instead of because Fantenberg sucks.

I'm looking forward to Visnovsky's legends night. I'm not Don Cherry. Fantenberg just isn't particularly good at anything. I'd feel the same if he was from Saskatoon.
I have rarely seen so much whining about a 6th/7th defenseman, over and over again. At one point you included him in almost every post, even if he wasnt playing, it was that sad.

Fantenberg is more useable than MacDermid and Kings management thinks the same, deal with it.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
Lintenumie(sp) number 10 looked good had an active stick others were fair , clague had 3 points so if/when he figures out defense he will be valuable and he needs to be a little stronger,forwards , Kemplar was all over and a wicked wrist shot from the goal line to the upper corner , and luff was skating well ....... one thing I don’t get is why the power play has so many veterans in it and to start OT had Sutter on

Reactions: King Trouty

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Lintenumie(sp) number 10 looked good had an active stick others were fair , clague had 3 points so if/when he figures out defense he will be valuable and he needs to be a little stronger,forwards , Kemplar was all over and a wicked wrist shot from the goal line to the upper corner , and luff was skating well ....... one thing I don’t get is why the power play has so many veterans in it and to start OT had Sutter on

I don't know what the PP units are, but the Reign have a number of veterans. The AHL is for development, but they're also paying these guys. Not Moulson, but if they're going to spend whatever on Sutter, and Mitchell, and Etem, they're going to get some ice time. If they Kings are going to go out of their way to let Moulson take up a roster spot, they're going to let him play.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Gotta have a healthy mix of vets and kids in the A. Sutter, Etem and Moulson not only help the kids on the ice but also help them to be gud pros.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
How are the young guys on D looking? MacDermid doing any better there?

Last night was $2 beer night, so forgive me if my observations were not as astute, but MacDermid, Roy, Brickley and Walker had very poor games. Way too risky in the offensive zone, poor puck management all around. Lintuniemi and Clague were the best pairing by far. MacDermid was particularly brutal with his puck management last night as he was in game #1. He was very good in game 2. So far disappointed overall in the start to the season for Roy and Walker after finishing so strong last year, way too many outnumbered attacks, and Brickley, while he looks poised, needs to play faster and with more intensity. Brickley is a horrible -6 in 3 games.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
The younger guys on the D need a lot of work. Lintuniemi put in a lot of work this summer, it shows.

Has as much to do with overall team defense too. Forwards kept leaving the zone without the puck when they presumed it was coming out, defense kept pinching and going in deep, leading to what seemed like relentless 3 on 2 breaks for Stockton. He's going once again with the same D tonight, team needs to shape up. Reddekopp and Strand have been scratched all 4 games.

Eagle Fang

Oct 12, 2005
Has as much to do with overall team defense too. Forwards kept leaving the zone without the puck when they presumed it was coming out, defense kept pinching and going in deep, leading to what seemed like relentless 3 on 2 breaks for Stockton. He's going once again with the same D tonight, team needs to shape up. Reddekopp and Strand have been scratched all 4 games.

That sounds familiar, but in the Kings case, it seems like the forwards leave the zone and the defense dick around with the puck instead of looking for quick transition passes to the forwards. Maybe this is part of the new LA system.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Reign lost again, this time in a shootout. They did manage to tie the game after trailing 5-3 in the 3rd period. Defensive pairing were changed around in the third period and that seemed to help. Sheldon Rempal is tearing it up. 4 goals and 4 assists in 4 games. Quite the show. Plus he scored in the shootout tonight. Finally a good game from Brickley. Much more confident and aggressive. He wanted the puck all night, and did not play with hesitation. Ended up with an assist and +2. Lintuniemi, after a good game last night, was a mess tonight with two horrible giveaways and -3. That's why I don't ever see him in the NHL. Incredibly inconsistent. Petersen, while he is not getting a lot of help, isn't exactly putting on a goaltending clinic either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille