Ontario Reign 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rekingsfan17

Aug 23, 2017
Potential roster for 2018-2019 season depending on who they resign/bring back and who makes the Kings;

Left WingCenterRight Wing
Brett Sutter, LS, #07Philippe Maillet, LS, #16Matt Moulson, LS, #26
Austin Wagner, LS, #24TJ Hensick, RS, #17Jonny Brodzinski, RS, #22
Sheldon Rempal, LS, Brad Morrison, LS, Matt Luff, RS, #09
Sam Herr, LS, #25Mikey Eyssimont, LS, #11Zach Mitchell, RS,
Jamie Devane, LS, #23Kyle Bauman, RS, #41Matt Schmalz, RS,
Boko Imama, LS, #18Keegan Iverson,RS, Matt Marcinew, RS,
Spencer Watson, RS,
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoalie
Alex Lintuniemi, LS, #10Sean Walker, RS, #28Cal Petersen, RS, #40
Kale Clague, LS, #34Matt Roy, RS, #03Peter Budaj, LS, #31
Oscar Fantenberg, LS, Austin Strand, RS, Cole Kehler, RS,
Jacob Moverare, LS, Chaz Reddekopp, LS,
Kurtis MacDermid, LS, #20
Stepan Falkovsky, LS, #33
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Moverare was once talked about almost as much as Clague. Did he fall off?

Rekingsfan17

Aug 23, 2017
Reign add Maillet & Herr on AHL deals, now have five signed for 18-19 season

Zach Dooley July 19, 2018
Ontario Reign Roster Moves
The Ontario Reign announced today that they have re-signed forwards Philippe Maillet and Sam Herr to AHL contracts for the 2018-19 season. Both players were a part of the 2017-18 edition of the Reign, having spent the entire campaign with Ontario.
Additionally, the team confirmed that forwards Brett Sutter, Jamie Devane and Kyle Bauman are still under contract with the Reign from last season via multi-year deals. Sutter and Devane signed multi-year deals during the summer of 2017 and are still under contract for next season. Bauman signed with Ontario in March of 2017 and his deal also extends to the 2018-19 season.

USE Fi

Sep 20, 2007
Home
Sheldon Rempal-Philippe Maillet-Zack Mitchell
Brett Sutter-Brad Morrison-Matt Luff
Austin Wagner-Mikey Eyssimont-Sam Herr
Jamie Devane-Kyle Bauman-Spencer Watson
Bokodji Imama-

Kurtis MacDermid-Sean Walker
Alex Lintuniemi-Matt Roy
Daniel Brickley-Austin Strand
Kale Clague-
Stepan Falkovsky-
Chad Reddekopp-

Cal Petersen
Peter Budaj
Cole Kehler

Team is starting to form, pretty young group.
Brickley might be with Kings.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Sheldon Rempal-Philippe Maillet-Zack Mitchell
Brett Sutter-Brad Morrison-Matt Luff
Austin Wagner-Mikey Eyssimont-Sam Herr
Jamie Devane-Kyle Bauman-Spencer Watson
Bokodji Imama-

Kurtis MacDermid-Sean Walker
Alex Lintuniemi-Matt Roy
Daniel Brickley-Austin Strand
Kale Clague-
Stepan Falkovsky-
Chad Reddekopp-

Cal Petersen
Peter Budaj
Cole Kehler

Team is starting to form, pretty young group.
Brickley might be with Kings.
It’s hard to envision a scenario where Clague is not in the starting line up. Almost no chance of him not starting. I expect Brickley on the Kings unless he is not ready for prime time defense. Fantenberg also will be playing if Brickley is in LA. Reddekopp will have a hard time making this team unless some of these defenders are lost to waivers.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That's a deep AHL team. No real crazy bluechip standouts unless Clague goes nuclear but every one of those guys has a good deal of skill too and could surprise, like Eyssimont or Rempal among others

Rekingsfan17

Aug 23, 2017
Nathaniel Marx @sparxmarx

July 20, 2018

@bokojr mega today!!
Dij-MkMU0AABlXW.jpg

Reactions: King Trouty

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
Can hardly wait for hockey to start backup, I have the 20 game pack for the Kings and a 10 game pack for the reign, Love me some Yankees baseball but the regular season baseball I have to take four naps a game, should be interesting to watch Wagner develop see how good Clague is , Moveare (sp) ,Mikey's e. , and it's only 15 minutes home and cheaper too if I take my wife to a Kings game I have to buy her Phillipes pickled beets with dinner

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
The forward group finally makes sense since we now know some of those guys were signed to multi-year AHL deals.

Fantenberg and MacDermid make 6 figures even if they're in the AHL, and you figure they promised something to Brickley to get him signed. If 7D make the Kings, 2 of those 3 won't be there, and that leaves 9 fighting for spots in Ontario. That's a lot. Two of them might end up in Manchester.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
OT a bit and maybe not, but where's Gasper Kopitar?

He played 2 years in Manchester, but I can't find any info that he even played last season (2017 - 18)?

Is he injured / out of hockey / went home??...???

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
OT a bit and maybe not, but where's Gasper Kopitar?

He played 2 years in Manchester, but I can't find any info that he even played last season (2017 - 18)?

Is he injured / out of hockey / went home??...???

Don't really know but he's a fringe ECHL player at best, maybe he hung up his skates.

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
Also add just signed C Drake Rymsha, as a possibility. He can also go back to Sarnia in the OHL. If he cannot make the Reign, that's fine and he should be the top player in Sarnia.

'''''For the 2018-19 season, Rymsha is eligible to begin his professional career or return to juniors for an overage season, similar to Austin Wagner’s situation a season ago. Unlike his other mates from the 2017 draft class, Rymsha is AHL eligible and could spend the full season with Ontario if that is the plan set forth for him'''''

Kings sign forward Drake Rymsha to entry-level contract - LA Kings Insider

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Rymsha was mentioned by Emerson the other day. I think they expect him to be really competitive for a spot on the Reign, and that's good. They need a defensively oriented center who is solid on the draw like Rymsha to replace Crescenzi.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Early line up thoughts that rarely come true since the roster will shake out quite a bit. Not a bad team at all though, just lacks a lot of pro experience on the offensive side. Very good D and G.

Rempal-Maillet-Mitchell
Wagner-Morrison-Luff
Etem-Sutter-Eyssimont
Herr-Rymsha-Watson
Imama-Bauman-Devane

MacDermid-Walker
Fantenberg-Roy
Lintuniemi-Clague
Falkovsky-Strand
Reddekopp-Moverare

Petersen
Budaj
Kehler

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Losing both Auger and Mersch all of a sudden creates a smaller Reign team....

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Losing both Auger and Mersch all of a sudden creates a smaller Reign team....

And a faster one. It's fascinating watching how the shift of philosophies in the NHL quickly trickles down to the AHL. It's also fascinating that "right place right time" is hugely significant to players drafted outside the first couple rounds. 10 years ago, size was a very significant factor, with smallish, skilled prospects having very little chance. Obviously the most skilled will make it anyways, but borderline guys would stand a much better chance now.

I wouldn't say that size is considered a detriment right now, but it's much closer to that train of thought than I can ever remember happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->