Ontario Reign 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Ridiculous that Amadio is playing down here. He dominated the puck all night with 3 assists and a +3 rating, completely changing the dynamic of this struggling Reign team. Kings staff should be ashamed, put him at 3C on the Kings and give him some wingers for once. Oh, and the Reign finally played a decent game overall, winning 5-3. Not a great game, but baby steps.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Ridiculous that Amadio is playing down here. He dominated the puck all night with 3 assists and a +3 rating, completely changing the dynamic of this struggling Reign team. Kings staff should be ashamed, put him at 3C on the Kings and give him some wingers for once. Oh, and the Reign finally played a decent game overall, winning 5-3. Not a great game, but baby steps.

Amadio gets 3 assists in one game, 5 shots and is plus 3...Kopitar has 2 assists in 12 games. Amadio gets screwed over. He has more ability to create offense than 90% of the Kings...not saying he's more
talented than Kopitar, Kovalchuk, etc...but he can create offense better than just about anyone else on the Kings....it just CANNOT be done, when playing Lewis, Clifford, Wagner,.
Hell, put Kopitar out there with Clifford, Lewis and Wagner and see how Kopi wpuld do...he's not putting up points with Brown, Iafallo, Kovalchuk and 1st PP unit!

Amadio should play 12-14 minutes centering line 3 and left there. Or even line 2.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Brickley a -12. Remember when everyone thought hed earned a spot on the Kings? He'd be a -20 in the NHL right now.

This terrible backhand pass last night up the middle ultimately lead a goal and another minus for Brickley. He was partnered with Clague, who I would say has made the most progress of any of the new D. They were both on the ice for the first goal too, but Rempal also contributed to that goal and the second that followed when he was faked out after the Brickley giveaway. Video starts at the giveaway.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Brickley a -12. Remember when everyone thought hed earned a spot on the Kings? He'd be a -20 in the NHL right now.

Sounds like a perfect fit.

I'm starved for entertainment. If we can get turnovers that are even more bonkers than the ones we are getting now, let's go for it.

Actually, let's play f***ing Big Mac out there if we are going to be last place anyways. Tuesday against Anaheim seems like a great time to activate him.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The sent Amadio down to save him from a losing atmosphere. Also from Stevens and his short bench.

Better to have Amadio playing 18+ minutes a night developing.

Reactions: funky

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Sounds like a perfect fit.

I'm starved for entertainment. If we can get turnovers that are even more bonkers than the ones we are getting now, let's go for it.

Actually, let's play ****ing Big Mac out there if we are going to be last place anyways. Tuesday against Anaheim seems like a great time to activate him.

Need someone with a screw loose for some emotion.

Reactions: King Trouty

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Mikey Eyessimont 9-4-3-7 19sog
Curious if he has nhl upside ?

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Mikey Eyessimont 9-4-3-7 19sog
Curious if he has nhl upside ?

Too early to say. He's looked decent, doesn't seem to dominate the game in anyway but seems to be able to be in the right spot at the right time on occassion. Definitely looks more comfortable than his few games at the end of last season. I don't see a call up in the near future right now, but if progress continues he could get a look later on, especially if the Kings are out of it.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I remember it very well and not everyone Reaper. I thought it was ridiculous after one strong game.

Actually, you were part of it too.

Just an example.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/150409699/

Sorry, kinda lame but too many people come up with “remember this and remember that kinda stuff.”

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I remember it very well and not everyone Reaper. I thought it was ridiculous after one strong game.

Actually, you were part of it too.

Just an example.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/150409699/

Sorry, kinda lame but too many people come up with “remember this and remember that kinda stuff.”
That's way different than saying he's earned a spot. Would I rather see him over Phaneuf at that point? Absolutely. Cherry pick much?

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Brickley still had a good pre-season. It's not like the 6/7 in LA has been any good either. He was better than those guys.

Being primarily paired with Doughty helped to mask the defensive deficiencies in his game. So far in the AHL, Clague has been better but I don’t think either is ready for prime time yet.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Reign development day - O'Donnell, Clague - LA Kings Insider

Good read. Glad O'Donnell is working with the D in Ontario.

I am glad the Kings drafted Clague and then went out and signed Strand and Brickley. 3 of the best young D in the system in years. All playing on the Reign as rookies.
Glad that Strand is RD. Moverare is playing in Frolunda this season and is still only 20...a chance he can end up coming back. When you add Mikey Anderson at Minn-Duluth,
some decent talent on D in the system, at long last. I hope the Kings can get another high draft pick or 2, for the 2019 draft. I would be OK if they used the first rounder
on a defenseman, if that was the best player available. (think Kings may be a black hole team, unfortunately) With Kupari, JAD, Vilardi and Thomas in the system,
would be fine to add a top end, talented defenseman. Unless, there is a bonafide better forward when the pick.

When you REALLY start looking at the current corp : DD, Muzzin, Martinez, Phaneuf, Ladue, Forbort, Fantenberg...you should NOT be overly wowwed or impressed
and realize, it's time for another top end D talent. One or all of: Clague, Strand, Brickley, may emerge to solid D players, but cannot count on that and thinking a D
would be a wise choice, should one be of equal value as a forward when they pick.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Looks like another bad night for Ontario, down 4-1 against the Heat in the 3rd. They seem to be having similar struggles as the parent team.

Make that 5-1. Oof.

Reign vs. Heat Box Score

Clague, Lintuniemi both -3, and somehow the only +1 on the night was Daniel Brickley.

The Reign also gave up 46 shots, with Petersen stopping 41 of 'em, and they only had 22 shots on goal.

Doesn't this all sound familiar?

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Looks like another bad night for Ontario, down 4-1 against the Heat in the 3rd. They seem to be having similar struggles as the parent team.

Make that 5-1. Oof.

Reign vs. Heat Box Score

Clague, Lintuniemi both -3, and somehow the only +1 on the night was Daniel Brickley.

The Reign also gave up 46 shots, with Petersen stopping 41 of 'em, and they only had 22 shots on goal.

It's why I have been saying the garbage is systemic, from management, to drafting, to development, to the players.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
It's why I have been saying the garbage is systemic, from management, to drafting, to development, to the players.

Unfortunately it’s been an epidemic for years that’s come to a head. These are the growing pains and suffrage we’ll have to endure again until the pipeline is restocked.

Look at the forwards and depth in Ontario, it’s really rough.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Make that 5-1. Oof.

Reign vs. Heat Box Score

The Center depth on this Reign team is the weakest by far since coming to Ontario. Mitchell, Sutter, Bauman and Rymsha is horrific, with Sutter being reliable, but none can distribute with skill. Maillet was on the wing tonight, but can and should be at Center. Rempal and Wagner the only guys with a chance a sniffing the NHL down the line on the current Reign roster, maybe an outside shot for Eyssimont in a year but I'm not optimistic. DL selling the team's soul and first round picks in 15 and again in 16 (these guys would be 20-21 years old and in the NHL or AHL) just has put a dent in the franchise right now, a huge hole that is going to take at least another 2-3 seasons minimum to repair.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Lintuniemi terrible. MacDermid terrible. Imama terrible (3 turnovers in one sequence leads to the 2nd goal). Poor defense by the forwards. Turnovers or leaving the zone without the puck. Clague didn't deserve the -3, he was okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad