Alex Lintuniemi-Matt Roy
Daniel Brickley-Austin Strand
Kale Clague-
Stepan Falkovsky-
Chad Reddekopp-

Cal Petersen
Peter Budaj
Cole Kehler

Team is starting to form, pretty young group.
Brickley might be with Kings.
Add Moulson back to the mix.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Updated with the addition of Moulson. That likely knocks Etem off the Reign roster I would think.

Moulson-Maillet-Mitchell
Rempal-Morrison-Luff
Wagner-Sutter-Eyssimont
Herr-Rymsha-Watson
Imama-Bauman-Devane

MacDermid-Walker
Fantenberg-Roy
Lintuniemi-Clague
Falkovsky-Strand
Reddekopp-Moverare

Petersen
Budaj
Kehler

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Updated with the addition of Moulson. That likely knocks Etem off the Reign roster I would think.

MacDermid-Walker
Fantenberg-Roy
Lintuniemi-Clague
Falkovsky-Strand
Reddekopp-Moverare

:eek:

Where's everybody gunna play? At least one of those 7 LD is going to have to play top pairing minutes on our ECHL team. No room for 10 D.....OTOH, I'm impressed with our RD potential in Walker, Strand, & Roy..... and that's to make no mention of La Due, who should start the season on the Big team.

If it were up to me, I'd actually send Clague to the ECHL and give him top pairing LD minutes. Dude needs to work on his confidence. Stints in the ECHL worked wonders for Quick & King.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
:eek:

Where's everybody gunna play? At least one of those 7 LD is going to have to play top pairing minutes on our ECHL team. No room for 10 D.....OTOH, I'm impressed with our RD potential in Walker, Strand, & Roy..... and that's to make no mention of La Due, who should start the season on the Big team.

If it were up to me, I'd actually send Clague to the ECHL and give him top pairing LD minutes. Dude needs to work on his confidence. Stints in the ECHL worked wonders for Quick & King.

It’s going to be interesting to see who forces their hand. Strand looked really good, if it continues he could unseat someone in that top 6. It wouldn’t surprise me to see one of those guys flipped for a similar offensive prospect, either.

Reactions: King Trouty

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
It’s going to be interesting to see who forces their hand. Strand looked really good, if it continues he could unseat someone in that top 6. It wouldn’t surprise me to see one of those guys flipped for a similar offensive prospect, either.
Yeah I'd move Roy or Reddekopp for a forward.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Yeah I'd move Roy or Reddekopp for a forward.

I'm pretty sure Reddekopp is ticketed to the ECHL this year unless he has an amazing camp (which so far he doesn't look to good). As an RHD who had an outstanding 2nd half in his rookie season, Roy should and will stick around. He is underrated on this board. Whether or not he ever plays in the NHL, I don't know, but he's a pretty good player.

We'll have to see first if MacDermid and Fantenberg get 1) sent down 2) clear waivers Decisions can be made after that. I'm not that impressed with Falkovsky, I'd rather see others play including Clague and Strand. I just don't see Clague being sent to the ECHL unless he has a total meltdown.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I feel like the two standouts from Ontario’s blueline last season were Matt Roy and Alex Lintuniemi. Don’t know if they’re knocking on the door for a spot in the top 7 rotation quite yet, but I’d say they’re the top two names I’d look at for calling up if a defenseman goes down.

Rekingsfan17

Aug 23, 2017
I feel like the two standouts from Ontario’s blueline last season were Matt Roy and Alex Lintuniemi. Don’t know if they’re knocking on the door for a spot in the top 7 rotation quite yet, but I’d say they’re the top two names I’d look at for calling up if a defenseman goes down.

I really liked Sean Walkers game last year.......

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland

Moulson-Maillet-Mitchell
Rempal-Morrison-Luff
Wagner-Sutter-Eyssimont
Herr-Rymsha-Watson
Imama-Bauman-Devane

MacDermid-Walker
Fantenberg-Roy
Lintuniemi-Clague
Falkovsky-Strand
Reddekopp-Moverare

Petersen
Budaj
Kehler

Intetesting. All the dmen 10 of 10 and goalies 3 of 3 are LA contracts. Forwards 9 of 15.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Reign won today 4-3 after a 13 round shootout in their first preseason game. Seemed like Stothers was going to have to suit up and shoot at one point. Morrison is a bit of a wizard with the puck, but holds onto it too long. Needs to make those quick moves and try and dish. Spencer Watson looked most improved of the players from last season, although the line up had a lot of PTO's and new players that were signed. First time seeing Austin Strand live, and I have to say, I came away impressed. Poised with the puck, seems like the game slows down for him (rare for a brand new pro), solid positionally, takes the body, smart clean breakout passes, handles the puck well. Didn't get to see his booming shot today (he's scored as many as 25 from the blue line in the WHL). Sometimes when you see a guy play for the first time, you can see that he potentially has what it takes to get to the next level. That's the impression I got. As a RHD, he could quickly move up the depth chart if he has a solid rookie season at 21 years old. Could have ourselves a sleeper, but it's early.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Reign won today 4-3 after a 13 round shootout in their first preseason game. Seemed like Stothers was going to have to suit up and shoot at one point. Morrison is a bit of a wizard with the puck, but holds onto it too long. Needs to make those quick moves and try and dish. Spencer Watson looked most improved of the players from last season, although the line up had a lot of PTO's and new players that were signed. First time seeing Austin Strand live, and I have to say, I came away impressed. Poised with the puck, seems like the game slows down for him (rare for a brand new pro), solid positionally, takes the body, smart clean breakout passes, handles the puck well. Didn't get to see his booming shot today (he's scored as many as 25 from the blue line in the WHL). Sometimes when you see a guy play for the first time, you can see that he potentially has what it takes to get to the next level. That's the impression I got. As a RHD, he could quickly move up the depth chart if he has a solid rookie season at 21 years old. Could have ourselves a sleeper, but it's early.

Basically what we saw of Strand in the NHL preseason too. He looks ahead of the curve. Not ready yet, of course, but a full pro season under his belt...I wouldn't be surprised if he were Ontario's #1 d by the end of the year.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
So if MacDermid and Brickley are coming down as rumored, in addition to Clague all on the left side, and you have Walker, Roy and Strand on the right side, where does that leave Lintuniemi? Pretty tight down here in ONT. Didn't even mention Falkovsky and Reddekopp.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Almost certain Reddekopp will go to Manchester, but I have no clue about Lintuniemi or Falkovsky. Lintu has steadily improved while Falkovsky has elements in his game that is really likeable.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Almost certain Reddekopp will go to Manchester, but I have no clue about Lintuniemi or Falkovsky. Lintu has steadily improved while Falkovsky has elements in his game that is really likeable.

Lintuniemi started nearly every game last season, so something has to give. Now if MacDermid is claimed, that clears up the starting log jam and Lintuniemi will start. They may start with 8D at the start of the season, keeping Reddekopp and Falkovsky. I know Stots has to like the physical presence that Reddekopp brings, but his hockey skill is just okay.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I wonder if they'll look to loan some of these guys to other teams so that they could get more ice time, just as they did with Jacob Moverare.
I mean Strand could be a #1 in Manchester getting 20+ mins a game. Or does it suit him to play less in the A against superior talent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad