Ontario Reign 20-21 part II Growing Pains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
After St Cloud gets eliminated LA will sign goaltender David Hrenak right...but so far the Huskies look good eliminating Boston U

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
10 points in 10 games for Turcotte

impressed-1.gif

Reactions: andys

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Glad to see the kids starting to get going. It's impressive when you compare them to other teams. Yeah Henderson is tearing it up but they have Dugan, who looks great, then their next rookie is 14th on the team in scoring with 5 points. 4 of the top 5 scorers on the Reign are rookies and I expect Turcotte to continue climbing. And the guys playing the best are forwards, which is a very foreign concept to me.

Reactions: BringTheReign

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Don’t look now. We don’t have a single prospect on the first page of the prospect forum. It’s a pain when our guys are trending in the right direction to find enough crap to fling at the walls for some.

funky

Mar 9, 2002
Haven’t saw the game. Looked at the boxscore. Does the person with the most minutes in the sun bin win a toaster oven or something?

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
No but if they're giving away something for most bone-headed pay of the game, Dudas got it in the bag

Reactions: ru4reals

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
No but if they're giving away something for most bone-headed pay of the game, Dudas got it in the bag

All the momentum shifted after that play. I was thinking okay he's going to skate it up then the kid left it for a gulls player behind the net. WTF was that. Now they're down 3-2. Refs with some BS calls against the Reign as well.

funky

Mar 9, 2002
7 to 2 is not a good way to lose a game when your up 2 to 1. What the hell happened?

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
7 to 2 is not a good way to lose a game when your up 2 to 1. What the hell happened?

Up 2 to 1 then Dudas with a boneheaded play behind his own net and after that the bottom fell off. Can't blame everything on that but it pretty much changed the momentum and the Reign was toast after that. And Villalta had another Villalta game. Can't score on the powerplay to save their lives. Wrobo reverting the the headscratching Todd McLellan move putting Devante Smith-Pelly on the first unit PP. Not that anyone else would have helped cuz their PP is atrocious but DSP should not be anywhere near both PP units. Just a terrible game altogether.

Eagle Fang

Oct 12, 2005
Yup pretty much. They were doing pretty good til the Dudas brainfart and for whatever reason it just went south.

I didnt pay close attention afterwards but it seemed like the defense were getting beat alot, lot of odd man chances and ofc Villata in net doesn't really help.

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
Yup pretty much. They were doing pretty good til the Dudas brainfart and for whatever reason it just went south.

I didnt pay close attention afterwards but it seemed like the defense were getting beat alot, lot of odd man chances and ofc Villata in net doesn't really help.
The defense getting beat and the goalie not bailing them out summarizes just about every Reign game.

Reactions: Eagle Fang

Eagle Fang

Oct 12, 2005
With Lias and Amadio gone from the squad, going to be interesting to see how that young core responds. They seem to stabilize the team for a while there.

100%. They were a different team with either or both of those players in the lineup. I was hoping LA could've held on to Amadio for that reason alone. Those players gave them incredible depth up front and they didn't really need defense. I don't think it was a coincidence they got blown out 7-2 the first game without either player and I unfortunately expect more of the same.

Reactions: Vino and funky

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
100%. They were a different team with either or both of those players in the lineup. I was hoping LA could've held on to Amadio for that reason alone. Those players gave them incredible depth up front and they didn't really need defense. I don't think it was a coincidence they got blown out 7-2 the first game without either player and I unfortunately expect more of the same.

I mean why not offer Luff for Wolanin and keep Amadio in the AHL. Not sure where Luff fits anywhere in the system. I don't get that Amadio trade after he cleared waivers. I thought it was best he stays in the AHL to mentor some of the kids until we move him in the off season.

Reactions: Vino and Eagle Fang

Vino

Mar 19, 2006
Finland
I mean why not offer Luff for Wolanin and keep Amadio in the AHL. Not sure where Luff fits anywhere in the system. I don't get that Amadio trade after he cleared waivers. I thought it was best he stays in the AHL to mentor some of the kids until we move him in the off season.

Definitely so.

Byfield, Kupari and Akil Thomas (not so much than those two) really needs mentoring. Amadio played so well two way-game against Tucson and Bakersfield. Wrobo and other coaches can show videos and draw some pictures and tell how you should play, but Amadio shows how it really is done/happens. Amadio - just like Lias Andersson - is fringe NHLer, but he is a AHL-stud!

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Sybil227

Jun 16, 2004
Santa Clarita
Remember, it takes 2 to tango. Maybe Ottawa wanted Amadio more than Luff. I think we're OK giving up either one. Maybe we would've preferred to trade Luff, but you don't always get what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad