Ontario Reign 20-21 part II Growing Pains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Remember, it takes 2 to tango. Maybe Ottawa wanted Amadio more than Luff. I think we're OK giving up either one. Maybe we would've preferred to trade Luff, but you don't always get what you want.

Possibly Ottawa wanted someone to mentor their prospects in Belleville.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Maybe Amadio wanted a shot to breakthrough in Ottawa? He’s been a solid guy and perhaps they felt he deserved that chance? Who knows? I’m sure there will be comment at some point.

Reactions: VILARGOD and funky

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Villalta was in net? By god that kid is having an astronomically underwhelming season

Not to lay it all on one player or even on one player season, but every time I’ve watched a Villalta game he’s basically been a factor in the loss.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him play himself right out of the organization with the sabotaging he’s been doing this year. I haven’t be so disappointed in a Kings goalie prospect maybe ever. Even granting him some leeway for the shitshow defense he’s only rarely shown the propensity to make a big save needed to keep the team in the game much less stolen a game.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Maybe Amadio wanted a shot to breakthrough in Ottawa? He’s been a solid guy and perhaps they felt he deserved that chance? Who knows? I’m sure there will be comment at some point.
Most likely the Kings just gave him an opportunity to go elsewhere, same with Ottawa and Wolanin. A simple respect move.

Reactions: Statto and lumbergh

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Not to lay it all on one player or even on one player season, but every time I’ve watched a Villalta game he’s basically been a factor in the loss.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him play himself right out of the organization with the sabotaging he’s been doing this year. I haven’t be so disappointed in a Kings goalie prospect maybe ever. Even granting him some leeway for the shitshow defense he’s only rarely shown the propensity to make a big save needed to keep the team in the game much less stolen a game.

Considering that Berube has looked much better since the first few weeks of the season I'd definitely say it's much more on Villalta than the defense.

Reactions: King'sPawn

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Considering that Berube has looked much better since the first few weeks of the season I'd definitely say it's much more on Villalta than the defense.
I watched the last Gulls-Reign game, and while Villalta faltered at the end of the game, he did his best to keep the Reign in it in the first half. Here is the Gulls' shot chart from that game, not exactly impressive net-front defense from Ontario. (Also, as others said, that Dudas turnover on De Leo's goal changed the game.)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 12.56.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 12.56.45 PM.png
    327.8 KB · Views: 5

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
I watched the last Gulls-Reign game, and while Villalta faltered at the end of the game, he did his best to keep the Reign in it in the first half. Here is the Gulls' shot chart from that game, not exactly impressive net-front defense from Ontario. (Also, as others said, that Dudas turnover on De Leo's goal changed the game.)

Wow, yikes. Thanks for that info. That was one of the rare games I hadn't watched.

Reactions: duxfan1101

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Byfield's point streak alive? I can't remember if he scored in his last game because he missed that one then the Reign were off for what seems like forever before getting an assist right now

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Byfield's point streak alive? I can't remember if he scored in his last game because he missed that one then the Reign were off for what seems like forever before getting an assist right now

No I believe it ended the last game they played I don't believe he scored a point.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Never saw that before. When Phillips' penalty expired, the Reign instead sent out someone from the bench and had Phillips stay in the penalty box until the whistle blew.

Reactions: ru4reals
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->