Ontario Reign 20-21 part II Growing Pains

Status
Not open for further replies.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Phillips is one of the worst D man prospects for the Kings in a while he's a disaster all around. They were up 2-1 last time these two teams played and then Dudas with a brain dead play behind his net and they lost 7 to 2. Looks like deja vu all over again.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Went and took my dog for a walk the Reign(baby Kings) were up 2-1! When I got back it was 4-3? Then...

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Like I said The Reign have 11-12 "aspiring" NHLer's and all other teams have 2-3,maybe 4! Blake's experiment to date? Guess we'll see who the "castoffs" are at the deadline! When a player is having an upswing season you deal him and get something! Hello Boston do you still want DB?

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
And the Reign find a way to kill momentum and are down 5-4. What a dreadful team on the defensive side of the puck.
Durzi can’t even position himself properly in front of his own net when the puck is in the corner and at times I think he’s trying to screen his own goaltender. The first pass out from the D as a whole is a big issue too.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Well,I just don't know what Blake was thinking but in about 8 days time I guess I'll find out! I bet Anshutz will want to shed some big contracts

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Being blown out by San Diego really didn't light the fire of the Reign...but in reality what does AHL competition actually mean for our "bonafide" NHLers?

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
It's fire wagon hockey, bring it on. Send Vilardi down to rack up a few points to get his mojo kick started.

Reactions: funky and andys

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
What we are seeing in Ontario is the result of the change in drafting philosophy that happened when DL left. We always lamented that the Kings were picking defensive-first guys, including forwards most of the time. "Another character player? Well of course DL is going to take him" and so on. The focus has shifted towards guys with more offensive upside and not the 2-way players that DL coveted. And I totally get that, the league is constantly evolving and that's the pathway right now. It's just a minor shift in philosophy, but we shouldn't be surprised when the Reign's defensive play sucks as a whole when these draftees start moving into the system.

Blake and Co. have made some wonderful picks, it's just different. There's simply a shift from a farm team who can lock down the other team better but struggles to score to a team with more firepower who bleeds goals against. It's a lot easier to win with the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad