Ontario Reign 20-21 part II Growing Pains

Status
Not open for further replies.

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
For as much as this team struggles at times, you have to admire the fact that they don't quit and are in every game. I think once they get to about mid season and get used to the system this team could be dangerous.
The Reign we're like that last season, very slow start. This year's team will be OK soon enough.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Look if they were getting out shot 30-10 and losing by 4 or 5 goals, then I'd be worried. But the fact is that they have outplayed their opponents in most of their games so far and when they are down they are never out, but they have had real bad defense and goaltending. I'm sure all of these guys want to win every single time they're out there and I don't think winning only 1 game so far is helping morale, but you have to look at the big picture. 2 of these guys wouldn't even be here if it weren't for unique circumstances and the rest of the roster is playing their first professional minutes as well. Just relax

Exactly!!! If anyone who's been watching would know this is pretty much a summary of the first 8 games. I'm going to trust the process. I'll make a judgment when these kids are in the NHL playing on a regular basis and then make an assessment on whether we have the next Patrik Stefan or Anze Kopitar.

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
From the games I’ve seen, you see the talent there, but I see a lot of kids who are realizing how difficult the pro game is. And this is a learning process, how consistency works at pro levels. They can’t take over just a shift or two like at possibly the junior levels and win, they need to take over games.

Players I’m not worried about Byfield, Kaliyev, Fagemo, Kupari, Thomas. All have shown good abilities that’ll translate whether it’s top line or 4th line. I’d add Hults to that but I’ve only seen 1 game of his.

Little worried on Turcotte just for the injuries and also he seems to over pass at times, I’d like to see him shoot or drive to the net.

Madden: I’m torn on Madden because he is electrifying but a lot of times nothing comes from it and I worry about his size in the next level.

Unless I blanked on somebody I don’t have faith in the rest of the players and our best D prospects are in juniors, college or Europe.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Damn that was vicious. Note to self don’t go after Raccoon anymore.

Why the hell not? Ultimately, Raccoon is just some ham & egger who will NEVER own his own NHL franchise 'cuz his I.Q. is too low!!! He's a bad person, he's evil, nobody believes in him, his net worth is pathetic, he'll never ascend to a REAL position of leadership, he's arrogant, he's a bully, he's part of cancel culture, and he's a slave to this very message board!!! Without this board, RACCOON JESUS = ZERO!!! :snide:

:lol:

:biglaugh:

:razz:

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Why the hell not? Ultimately, Raccoon is just some ham & egger who will NEVER own his own NHL franchise 'cuz his I.Q. is too low!!! He's a bad person, he's evil, nobody believes in him, his net worth is pathetic, he'll never ascend to a REAL position of leadership, he's arrogant, he's a bully, he's part of cancel culture, and he's a slave to this very message board!!! Without this board, RACCOON JESUS = ZERO!!! :snide:

Damn this hit on all notes

Basilisk is my ex, confirmed

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

There he goes again claiming "cancel culture." I think there's something wrong with this guy. His fascination with Maxim Kitsyn should've clued us in about this guy's mental state.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
There he goes again claiming "cancel culture." I think there's something wrong with this guy. His fascination with Maxim Kitsyn should've clued us in about this guy's mental state.

Was it me or someone else he threw out the term "cancel culture"? I have him on ignore. Just curious

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

A real man would have challenged him to a cage match

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Sounds like Turcotte will be coming back into the line up this weekend on the road trip.

Confirmed by The Mayor:

From what we’ve been able to gather, Turcotte is set to return for Ontario this weekend. He’s expected to travel with the team to San Jose tomorrow and play in games Saturday and Sunday vs. the Barracuda.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
For as much as this team struggles at times, you have to admire the fact that they don't quit and are in every game. I think once they get to about mid season and get used to the system this team could be dangerous.
Hope you're right

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Byfield 2 assists so far. He's looking good! Some nice passes and stick handling. For me, him and Eyssimont have been the two most noticeable players.

Kaliyev with 2 assists as well.

Hults with his first pro fight. He didn't actually throw a punch though. Ended up wrestling the other guy to the ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Can’t get home to watch. Is Kupari still up on the taxi squad? Don’t get that move especially with Turcotte out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad