Ontario Reign 20-21 part II Growing Pains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
How has Fagemo been transitioning to the A? probably benefit from better line mates or what?

He started in the taxi squad then sent down, but now has 4pts in last 5 games. I think he is playing fine. Nice one-timers on his goals. I would say he should be the next forward after Kupari called up for taxi duty and hopefully gets in a game.

Reactions: lakai17

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
It's a numbers game but Clague's probably got the raw-est deal of anyone at this point. Frankly wouldn't blame him if he asked for a move.

GettyImages-542893220-scaled-e1612904623923.jpg

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Turcotte still not playing...which gives him 3 more days rest. Groin injury or what? What's the deal?

Phillips at 4LW :facepalm:

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Should of kept Futa as Reign's GM and fired Richard Seeley. This ex player circus in this organization has to stop.

Reactions: VILARGOD

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
2-1 Sharks at end of 2. Shots SJ 31 Ont 14. I've watched ~6 games this year and this is the first time we've been significantly outplayed. Usually, we outplay the other team but our goalies give up an inopportune softie. Maybe Ont decided to try a different strategy. The rope-a-dope.

Reactions: Eagle Fang

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Hults just got blatantly boarded from behind with both refs looking at it. Neither called anything.

Hults was pretty shaken up, shuffled to the bench on his knees.

Clown league.

Edit: he’s back out there but it looks like he’s favoring a leg.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Turcotte still not playing...which gives him 3 more days rest. Groin injury or what? What's the deal?

Sorry just tuned in to the game and this is freakin hilarious. I thought they had the Poehling twins? You know your terrible at D when you get moved up to play forward. Brutal.

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Sorry just tuned in to the game and this is freakin hilarious. I thought they had the Poehling twins? You know your terrible at D when you get moved up to play forward. Brutal.

Think they got sent to the ECHL.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
That's twice in the last 10 mins of the 3rd period that a stupid pinch by Gaunce led to a scoring chance for SJ. Watching 24 on the ice is full cringe

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
That's twice in the last 10 mins of the 3rd period that a stupid pinch by Gaunce led to a scoring chance for SJ. Watching 24 on the ice is full cringe

Gaunce is the worst D on the Reign next to Phillips. Just awful. Berube's actually having a great game.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Tonight seems like the first night they were truly run out of the building.

What happens next matters, this is a team that's falling fast and not self-correcting.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Maybe the Kings should stop dicking around with Kupari and Strand for no apparent reason because it’s just intentionally making things even harder for the Reign. Send down Andersson if he’s not going to play in the NHL. Otherwise this constant handicapped losing can’t be good for the development of players who just so happen to be pretty important to the future of the Kings.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Young team with a lot of first-year pros, but 1 win in 10 games... and it seems like they're getting worse. If the goal is simply for the young players to learn the pro game then maybe they have the right strategy in place since you learn far more from failure than you do success.

It's just really frustrating watching them atm.

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Maybe the Kings should stop dicking around with Kupari and Strand for no apparent reason because it’s just intentionally making things even harder for the Reign. Send down Andersson if he’s not going to play in the NHL. Otherwise this constant handicapped losing can’t be good for the development of players who just so happen to be pretty important to the future of the Kings.

Seriously. I get it Kupari deserves that nod but jesus....theyre just goin to pull him, don't play him, and let the Reign suffer without him??? He was leading the league in points and the Reigns best player

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Should of kept Futa as Reign's GM and fired Richard Seeley. This ex player circus in this organization has to stop.

I agree about the ex-players but an AHL GM doesn’t control much. The majority of the roster is under contract to the Kings and Blake hired the coaching staff.

Meanwhile the Badgers might win the Big Ten and are tournament bound with the other two 1st round picks on that team having dominating sophomore seasons because their NHL teams were hands off instead of rushing them to a level they weren’t ready for.

Don’t see how Turcotte being a big part of a winning team wouldn’t be way better for his development than what is going on with the Reign. Very disappointing situation that Blake deserves a lot of blame for. Terrible path they took with one of their best prospects.

Last edited:

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Team is missing Kupari, Turcotte, Strand and Andersson. 3 of those guys are a bit older and a couple of them have some previous pro experience.

that blue line is atrocious.

I believe that constant losing does not help the develop of prospects. I also don’t understand why they are wasting Kupari and Strand on the taxi squad

Reactions: LAKings88

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I have no issue at all with the Kings allowing Kupari to collect an NHL paycheck and practice with NHL’ers as a reward for his strong play in the AHL.

He will eventually go back down and be motivated to keep it up and hopefully be up permanently no later than the start of next year.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Meanwhile the Badgers might win the Big Ten and are tournament bound with the other two 1st round picks on that team having dominating sophomore seasons because their NHL teams were hands off instead of rushing them to a level they weren’t ready for.

Don’t see how Turcotte being a big part of a winning team wouldn’t be way better for his development than what is going on with the Reign. Very disappointing situation that Blake deserves a lot of blame for. Terrible path they took with one of their best prospects.

Hindsight GMing yet on an extremely incomplete season.

The plan was sound based on the info we had at the time and if you recall there was no certainty on what the NCAA was even doing. Turcotte was hurt at the WJC, not because he got rushed to the pros. K'Andre Miller is doing fine with the Rangers, it's not like Turcotte was the only one exiting. "Blaming" a GM for a season at the quarterpole is a little premature to say the least, and calling it a terrible development path...I mean, can I have your crystal ball on this one?

Yeah the Reign are in the mud right now but you've reached a lot of conclusions on incomplete info and they all are worst-case scenarios. I'm not thrilled with the current situation but I have to believe they've got nowhere to go but up and that the Kings will actually give them the reinforcements instead of just sitting on them.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
The day Kupari was called up, I already said that was a bad move.

These constant call ups by the Kings, when a player is having a little streak annoys the hell out of me. Than they might play one or two games and get sent down again, ugh..

I rather see them stick until they are ready when you think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad