Post-Game Talk: Only Bob may go to the ti**y bar tonight: Panthers get swept, off-season coaching decision looms

Are you happy with what Florida did this season?

• Yes, President's trophy and 1st series win since 1996

Votes: 52 52.5%
  • No, just give me the monkey pox

Votes: 47 47.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Wdym? Obviously every non-journalist, sports pundit is a wannabe Portnoy nowadays. Do you disagree with my take?

Dude is sketch as hell, only words out of his mouth I’d believe are “the sky is blue”, but then I’d think he’s trying to sell me something.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Dude is sketch as hell, only words out of his mouth I’d believe are “the sky is blue”, but then I’d think he’s trying to sell me something.
You think both of these guys are full of shit? I've never heard of them until today, but the fact that they have like 9 hours of air time per week on local radio makes me believe they have some credibility. Have they been caught blatantly lying before?

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021
Obviously it’s Tampa’s sweep to lose at this point, and everyone knows that it should be pretty much an automatic W for them. They stated post game that they won’t be changing anything (why would they?) and neither will the Panthers (although they should have been doing that ever since game 1 of the Caps series).

After it’s all said and done, and we are embarrassed with an 0-4 showing, the Bolts will make all sorts of complimentary statements about the Panthers, maybe even slide in “growing pains they know about first hand”. And Bruno will come out with conciliatory statements about all the talent but “running out of gas” and “just not syncing up”. The players will likewise say stuff about “disappointment” and “frustration” and “need to analyze”.

Most notably, nobody will say anything about being really f***ing upset about the no-show. Nobody will say how this was their big chance and they didn’t want it. Except maybe Zito will. That’s my main focus. If Zito is pissed as hell, then it’s a good sign. Otherwise it’s business as usual in Panther land — the desire to do what it takes isn’t really there, it’s just talk and more talk.
Zito is the wild card. He’s been around. I can see him making changes to players and coaching staff. Hardly anyone should feel safe.
It should be interesting to see what moves he makes.

The regular season future looks bright. We have a solid core and
plenty of young players.

Until we can win in the playoffs. Led by our stars.
No one will take this franchise seriously.

Reactions: Vilam

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
You think both of these guys are full of shit? I've never heard of them until today, but the fact that they have like 9 hours of air time per week on local radio makes me believe they have some credibility. Have they been caught blatantly lying before?

Not sure, I’ve never heard of them either. But the way they’re presenting the information is very sketchy and childlike.

Anyone could’ve come on air and said this happened tbh, I just don’t buy it off the hop. I could be wrong though, but having dealt with info from sources before, I’m naturally hesitant to just immediately believe something like this without questioning it.

122 point season and all I got was a bunch of playoff towels for the gym

I got one from game 6 in Washington. It says Unleash The Fury on it. Hopefully we do that the rest of the way lol.

Reactions: wampa13jku

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
I think this is

1. A much more common occurrence with the Panthers than people here think or would like to think. These guys go out a lot, all throughout the season and in the playoffs. I know people who spotted them out after a playoff loss last year too

2. A much more common occurrence around the NHL and other sports than people here think

Not a huge deal to me. These guys aren’t hockey robots

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Why was Lundell out in the first place? Is he hurt?

I'm expecting...

Verhaeghe/Hubderdeau - Barkov - Giroux
Huberdeau/Verhaeghe - Bennett - Reinhart
Mamin - Lundell - Acciari
Thornton - Luostarinen - Hornqvist

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Let's go crazy

Huberdeau Barkov Bennett
Verhaeghe Giroux Reinhart
Mamin Lundell Hornqvist
Acciari Luostarinen Thornton

Bob starts
If we're waving the white flag, then I'd like to see Luostarinen and Mamin elevated. Give them a big game to prove that they should should be back here as top 9ers next season.

Verhaeghe - Barkov - Mamin
Huberdeau - Luostarinen - Reinhart
Giroux - Bennett - Acciari
Thornton - Lundell - Hornqvist

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Why was Lundell out in the first place? Is he hurt?

I'm expecting...

Verhaeghe/Hubderdeau - Barkov - Giroux
Huberdeau/Verhaeghe - Bennett - Reinhart
Mamin - Lundell - Acciari
Thornton - Luostarinen - Hornqvist
This will probably piss people off but he’s soft as hell he’s played the whole playoffs like he’s afraid he’s going to get hit. Maybe it’s the rookie wall, maybe he’s still hurt. But he needs time in the gym like Huby did and to play a whole lot less scared.

Lmaooooooo

It's officially Strip-Gate

That guy would know too. Looking at him he’s probably had to pay a lot of women before they took their clothes off for him.

• Haha
Reactions: 16Skippy

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
I think this is

1. A much more common occurrence with the Panthers than people here think or would like to think. These guys go out a lot, all throughout the season and in the playoffs. I know people who spotted them out after a playoff loss last year too

2. A much more common occurrence around the NHL and other sports than people here think

Not a huge deal to me. These guys aren’t hockey robots
They aren't getting paid millions of dollars to motorboat a stripper, that's for f***ing sure.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I dont hate the guys for doing it.

But I think the optics is what gets me the most. Down 3-0 and have a back to back the next day. And they are up till 3 AM? If they come out flat I think the optics look even worse

Reactions: CanePanther

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
So they just have to make it hard, huh
ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad