Post-Game Talk: Only Bob may go to the ti**y bar tonight: Panthers get swept, off-season coaching decision looms

Are you happy with what Florida did this season?

• Yes, President's trophy and 1st series win since 1996

Votes: 52 52.5%
  • No, just give me the monkey pox

Votes: 47 47.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
View attachment 551471

It's about knowing what they had and building a strategy to win around it. They counted on Vasy to make the saves and the goal is completely close off the inner slot. They sacrificed their bodies blocking shots and making championship plays.

We simply didnt have that on our end.
I agree, it's cliche but I've said it multiple times already. This team has yet to learn what it really takes to win. Just how much you need to sacrifice and put on the line. This is something that Tampa Bay is well versed in. The Panthers just got a reality check. It will be interesting how the group responds. With their track record, I worry this just weighs more on our stars instead of motivating them. Time will tell.
No torts. He’ll be to scary for barkov to play for
Trotz is the only answer. Torts is a disaster and will only set this team back and I think Q is done here. The PR disaster of re-hiring him is just not worth it.

Trotz will command the respect of the team and instill a system that they so desperately need to learn in order to be successful in this league. The run-and-gun style has to change.

Reactions: harv33173

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Gallant didn’t do too badly in Vegas and ain’t doing too badly in NYC.

I know he isn’t available, but the point is (like you said), he’s an old fashioned dinosaur, you know the kind who’s been left behind because hockey has gone forward so fast, with all the fancy stats and shit.

gallant's not that old! i think it's the buzz cut and his grizzled manner but he's late 50s.

i agree with your point in general though and to take it waaaaay further, i'm reminded of our old buddy jacques martin! he was labeled a dinosour when he was run out of town. he was a wonk but i always liked him. he knew what he was doing and i recall him murmuring something "i'm not out of touch with the new NHL, we're doing the same things everyone else is!" on the way out the door. and he was. and he got a job for a long while assisting in pittsburgh, where he was part of two cup-winners.

but i digress... what was my point? oh, never mind.

wait... yes, trotz is older than gallant!

Reactions: I am not exposed

Luongoisthegoat

Mar 23, 2021
I agree, it's cliche but I've said it multiple times already. This team has yet to learn what it really takes to win. Just how much you need to sacrifice and put on the line. This is something that Tampa Bay is well versed in. The Panthers just got a reality check. It will be interesting how the group responds. With their track record, I worry this just weighs more on our stars instead of motivating them. Time will tell.

Trotz is the only answer. Torts is a disaster and will only set this team back and I think Q is done here. The PR disaster of re-hiring him is just not worth it.

Trotz will command the respect of the team and instill a system that they so desperately need to learn in order to be successful in this league. The run-and-gun style has to change.
We lacked composure this year and we didn’t lack that last year. We absolutely need trotz to come in as a veteran coach. Having a coach like him will make sure this team stays composed and structured.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I believe we'll end up bringing Q back and keep Brunette on as assistant.

I think this is the likely best case scenario as long as the team is willing to deal with the PR heat on social media. I think Bruno displays a lot of good qualities, but isn't ready to take the next step yet. He's still an asset the team should want to keep around, though.

Ultimately, I hope if this is the plan, Bruno is willing to stay.

If Bob is OK with Torts, I'm fine with it. I normally don't like the idea of a core player approving a specific coach, but if your starting goaltender (locked in contract) has feuded with a guy in the past, kind of silly to bring him to the team.

Luongoisthegoat

Mar 23, 2021
I think this is the likely best case scenario as long as the team is willing to deal with the PR heat on social media. I think Bruno displays a lot of good qualities, but isn't ready to take the next step yet. He's still an asset the team should want to keep around, though.

Ultimately, I hope if this is the plan, Bruno is willing to stay.

If Bob is OK with Torts, I'm fine with it. I normally don't like the idea of a core player approving a specific coach, but if your starting goaltender (locked in contract) has feuded with a guy in the past, kind of silly to bring him to the team.
I wanna see Spencer play more games next season anyways. Bob was fine in the playoffs but these other teams starters have played a lot better. Unpopular opinion I know.

avenger

Mar 2, 2021
you are an i…t! with such a player, any coach wants to work! and in a year, Barkу will be our best playoff guy... with any coach! …and you, you f…ng clown! eat your computer!!🤬

avenger

Mar 2, 2021
Not sure if actually this angry...
well no of course! sorry! but I am against the fact that we would slander our guys here! ... they gave all their strength this season and fought to the end as best they could and how much they lasted this time ... I am sure that we will be better every year! and we have a great team, great players! no need to humiliate them, belittle their skill and potential ... and hang some kind of cliche ... "Hubi can't play in the playoffs" or "Barky is too soft for the playoffs" ... or "Duke is afraid of power moves" etc...
the opponent solved the problem! tampa neutralized Hubie and Barky. and this is the main reason for our loss! (and tampa knew perfectly well what they had to do! constant contact, blocks, jabs, delays, hugs, two/three players very tight with Barkу…! with Hubi too…! the guys themselves could not find a way out and realize their potential… and the coaches neither advice, not the rest without a systemic game of the whole team...and this is a great experience for everyone...and we have to believe in our guys, believe in Huby, believe in Barki...Reinho, Ekblad, Bob...!but we are here pouring shit on them !!!🤮

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad