Speculation: "One of the Hawks big 4 defensive prospects is not off the the table"

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
ya kadri is not a good move for the hawks, Toews-Strome-______-Kampf is the centre depth moving forward and IMO we have a number of cheaper options moving forward for the third line C spot moving forward in the next couple years.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Didn't Powers tweet the Hawks aren't too keen on Bovqists development in his own zone?

Wouldn't be shocked if it was him. Get a top player for a bag of beans, I say

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Strome is at a ppg pace since arriving. Moving him to wing so they can acquire Kadri is a disaster move...
Strome is PPG since joining the Hawks. As of now, a top 9 center is the last thing we need.
I understand that, but I mean Kadri doesn’t have to play centre, he is better than Kahun no? And in addition, if you have any injuries to a centre he can easily take their place

Just a thought

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
I understand that, but I mean Kadri doesn’t have to play centre, he is better than Kahun no? And in addition, if you have any injuries to a centre he can easily take their place

Just a thought
That line has been dynamite, and Kabul is a pretty solid two way guy that slots in nicely pretty much anywhere in the top 9. Kadri might be better, but I’d rather have Kahun on an ELC than give up an asset for Kadri at 4.5 a year.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
I really don’t see Mitchell moving. He’s done nothing but raise his stock since the Hawks picked him and he really seems like a Bowman type player.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
lol imagine thinking Ian Mitchell will get traded
@KM: I read your posts sometimes for insight, and sometimes for a chuckle. If you're right about Joker being traded (in the event this story wasn't clickbait to begin with) I'll be one of the ones to credit you for calling another Hawks trade (I haven't forgotten about the Strome call). You'll have a lot of people hating on you, though, because Joker is well liked by some of the HFboard Hawks partisans.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
To be honest, and I'm sure Leafs fans don't want to hear this, Hawks fans view Jokiharju as more valuable than Kapanen, and about on par with W. Nylander. That is our opinion. If you want to make a deal around Kapanen and Jokiharju, think about what you want for Nylander, and what you would want to add to Kapanen if he was on a different team to acquire Nylander. There is a large subset of HF Hawks that wouldn't trade Joki for W. Nylander straight up, so think about that. We're split about 50-50 there.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
To be honest, and I'm sure Leafs fans don't want to hear this, Hawks fans view Jokiharju as more valuable than Kapanen, and about on par with W. Nylander. That is our opinion. If you want to make a deal around Kapanen and Jokiharju, think about what you want for Nylander, and what you would want to add to Kapanen if he was on a different team to acquire Nylander. There is a large subset of HF Hawks that wouldn't trade Joki for W. Nylander straight up, so think about that. We're split about 50-50 there.
I will just think about keeping both Nylander and Kap....i don't care if Hawks fans would or wouldn't trade Joki for Nylander because it's a moot point, Dubas would never offer that deal.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
In fairness Joki for W Nylander is the more offensive joke.
Yeah it's pretty offensive that the Hawks would trade a player that has gotten just as many points as W. Nylander has gotten this year, in his rookie season (19 years old). I would not trade jokiharju for W. Nylander. You don't have to agree with me, but he is 19 at a point/game pace in the ahl, with 12 points in the NHL.

Reactions: Idionym

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Yeah it's pretty offensive that the Hawks would trade a player that has gotten just as many points as W. Nylander has gotten this year, in his rookie season (19 years old). I would not trade jokiharju for W. Nylander. You don't have to agree with me, but he is 19 at a point/game pace in the ahl, with 12 points in the NHL.

Sorry what’s his P/60? The same as Nylander?

Nylander also missed a huge chunk of the season and his conditioning wasn’t at the same level as his peers until about a week before the ASG.

That’s just a great sell-job though. Props to you.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Sorry what’s his P/60? The same as Nylander?

Nylander also missed a huge chunk of the season and his conditioning wasn’t at the same level as his peers until about a week before the ASG.

That’s just a great sell-job though. Props to you.
Holy cow your salty. This is just my opinion from watching them play. I value jokiharju a lot more than Nylander and I think he has a higher ceiling. He is establishing himself as a good defender and I think Nylander is becoming your standard 60 point winger. That's just how I view it and stats are in jokiharju's favor.

Reactions: Pile

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'd absolutely love Boqvist on the Rangers but I can't imagine we have the right pieces. Hawks are in a similar type spot.

NY needs RD, has LD prospects, can afford to reduce glut of Cs.
Chicago wants strategic add(s) can't give away youth for age just to improve playoff run

Boqvist and 1 of Joliharju-Beaudin-Mitchell
Anisimov
Kruger as a cap dump

for

Lias Andersson
Howden
Skjei
Namest.

review
Andersson - Boqvist
similar draft positions, ballpark value, Boqvist perceived higher as RD

Howden - other D
Howden, former 1st, has speed and upside but --- while NOT a creampuff -- is a lightweight, needs to just get thru rookie season and build from there

those are elc deals, close enuf cap neutral

then, Hawks win the balance
Skjei for Anisimov
and
Namest for Kruger

Even IF Zib is moved on theory of sell high, NY still has at pivot

Hayes [forget this season, likely does a Chapman-Yankees return]
Chytil
arriving Kravtsov
Nieves
Strome [if he is not W or traded]
to add to Anisimov + Kruger

NY has LD prospects to replace Skjei

thoughts...

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
NY needs RD, has LD prospects, can afford to reduce glut of Cs.
Chicago wants strategic add(s) can't give away youth for age just to improve playoff run

Boqvist and 1 of Joliharju-Beaudin-Mitchell
Anisimov
Kruger as a cap dump

for

Lias Andersson
Howden
Skjei
Namest.

review
Andersson - Boqvist
similar draft positions, ballpark value, Boqvist perceived higher as RD

Howden - other D
Howden, former 1st, has speed and upside but --- while NOT a creampuff -- is a lightweight, needs to just get thru rookie season and build from there

those are elc deals, close enuf cap neutral

then, Hawks win the balance
Skjei for Anisimov
and
Namest for Kruger

Even IF Zib is moved on theory of sell high, NY still has at pivot

Hayes [forget this season, likely does a Chapman-Yankees return]
Chytil
arriving Kravtsov
Nieves
Strome [if he is not W or traded]
to add to Anisimov + Kruger

NY has LD prospects to replace Skjei

thoughts...
Not moving Boqvist.

Jokiharju can be made available for the right offer. The others are off limits.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Not moving Boqvist.

Jokiharju can be made available for the right offer. The others are off limits.

given this, take Bo and Andy out, and NY has less incentive for the other overpayments

however, a deal may be salvaged.

Joki + Ani
for
Skjei + Namest at half?

I think you have enuf cap for that

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I would absolutely make that trade if Dzingel would sign with the Hawks.

I know d-men can play their offside but it's not usually the best situation. Jokiharju, Boqbist and Mitchell are all RDs. The Hawks also have Murphy at RD and Seabrook is refusing to ride off into the sunset so ... again ... bye bye Mitchell.
Boqvist and Mitchell (off side for Bo) is a future top pair. Either of the other 2 can go.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Yeah, who needs 30 goal scorers.

I want unproven prospects.

Youre totally right man, Hughes bros, Svechnikov, Zadina etc would be lucky to return 17 goal scorer Chiasson when they're so unproven. I think im gonna be nice for today and let the Nucks have Chiasson for Hughes, ill even throw in a 2nd just to be nice since potential is worthless.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
given this, take Bo and Andy out, and NY has less incentive for the other overpayments

however, a deal may be salvaged.

Joki + Ani
for
Skjei + Namest at half?

I think you have enuf cap for that
I would definitely consider it. I think Skjei fits what we're looking for.

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad