Speculation: "One of the Hawks big 4 defensive prospects is not off the the table"

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Nylander for Jokiharju. Book it.

Yeah Buffalo runs away with that. Ive seen all your posts. You seem to be stuck in 2013, nobody is gunning for the Hawks assets anymore. Youre not getting William Nylander for Jokhiharju, maybe Boqvist if you add something with value to him.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Could definetly see them trading one of them as their top two picks the last two years have been defencemen. Should keep Boqvist as he can be their 1RD for a long time. The problem for Hawks is they have way to much tied in defencemen not living up to their contract. Cant believe they gave Seabrook a contract thet long. I can see them wanting to reward him for the cups, but should have given him a shorter reward contract and then he could get his value.

Keith contract is still worth it as it gave Hawks 3 cups and hes still probably worth around his salary cap. He gets close to 0,5 ppg playing 23 minutes a night and not getting a lot of pp time. Seabrook is also a quite good defenceman, but hes not close to 7 million and the contract is so long its gonna be worse. Then you also have Murphy who have not been a huge success. All tied up for a quite long time. Leaving little room for the young guys to get in to the lineup.

Still a lot of positives for the Hawks and the rubuild might not be as long as some tought. DeBrincat is amazing. Strome have been ppg after the trade and both of these guys are young and can improve. If Kane keeps his level for some years and Strome and DeBrincat develops more they have a scary offense when adding Toews, Anisimov, Saad and I also really like Kahun. Then if Boqvist and the rest of the young D is ready to step up to the NHL soon the defense where the problem is now will be strong.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Mitchell, Boqvist, and Beaudin are not on the table.

Zawaski is suggesting only one of them could be made available and we all know it's Jokiharju. Don't get your hopes up for the other 3. Jokiharju is very solid, but he doesn't have the upside that Mitchell or Boqvist have. He's about equal to Beaudin, but Beaudin is left handed so he fits a need that Joki doesn't.

Joki is the odd man out.

I think your right. It's funny how they called him up and said it was a emergency call up !

If they do make a trade which I'm not counting on Stan to do anything , but I think if Stan does we will end up getting hosed in the deal.
I've heard Nylanders name mentioned?
I hope not he is overpaid and doesn't have the qualities or upside for that bloated salary.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Could definetly see them trading one of them as their top two picks the last two years have been defencemen. Should keep Boqvist as he can be their 1RD for a long time. The problem for Hawks is they have way to much tied in defencemen not living up to their contract. Cant believe they gave Seabrook a contract thet long. I can see them wanting to reward him for the cups, but should have given him a shorter reward contract and then he could get his value.

Keith contract is still worth it as it gave Hawks 3 cups and hes still probably worth around his salary cap. He gets close to 0,5 ppg playing 23 minutes a night and not getting a lot of pp time. Seabrook is also a quite good defenceman, but hes not close to 7 million and the contract is so long its gonna be worse. Then you also have Murphy who have not been a huge success. All tied up for a quite long time. Leaving little room for the young guys to get in to the lineup.

Still a lot of positives for the Hawks and the rubuild might not be as long as some tought. DeBrincat is amazing. Strome have been ppg after the trade and both of these guys are young and can improve. If Kane keeps his level for some years and Strome and DeBrincat develops more they have a scary offense when adding Toews, Anisimov, Saad and I also really like Kahun. Then if Boqvist and the rest of the young D is ready to step up to the NHL soon the defense where the problem is now will be strong.

Stan would be a moran to trade his blue chip defenseman .

This team is barely a 500 level team.
They lack a solid defensive group, their top 6 is missing at least 2 players. They need a solid bottom 6 who can contribute both offensively , but shut down other teams top units.

Keith's contract is what it is , it was signed 7 years ago.

Seabrook contract their is no reasonable person who would have made that offer for the terms and added a NMC to a guy who was in his 30s .

Murphy lacks size and the willingness to block shots

Dalhstom is a solid bottom depth guy

Forsling useless
Koekkoek lacks size
Gustafson great offensively but his defensive mishaps are glaring.

Stans only choice is to somehow force the issue with Seabrook and Keith to get moved.

mattef

consider the following...
May 12, 2014
Montreal, QC
How about they just wait until there is an ACTUAL log jam, like, at the NHL level? Right now they're just mystery box prospects.

They would return far more too. Kind of like Nashville did with Jones.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills

They lack a solid defensive group, their top 6 is missing at least 2 players. They need a solid bottom 6 who can contribute both offensively , but shut down other teams top units.

Seabrook contract their is no reasonable person who would have made that offer for the terms and added a NMC to a guy who was in his 30s .

Forsling useless
Koekkoek lacks size

Stans only choice is to somehow force the issue with Seabrook and Keith to get moved.
Murphy listed as 6.4 and 212
Koekkoek at 6.2 and 193
I hate to think of what behemouth you consider to have size?!
Me thinks you have an apt name Taylorist ... ; )

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
What are the hawks fans thoughts on Lucas carlsson?? Heard any info on him , I remember liking him in his draft year and now I see a lot of news on hawks great d prospects and he’s not listed

Would he be available for a 3rd?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
What are the hawks fans thoughts on Lucas carlsson?? Heard any info on him , I remember liking him in his draft year and now I see a lot of news on hawks great d prospects and he’s not listed

Would he be available for a 3rd?
Before they drafted this "big 4" crop of D he had hype. He has been real solid this season mostly all year top pair F in his first AHL season and began scoring well too.

They have a lot still young maybe second pair LDs, but I see no reason they'd trade Carlsson before he gets some NHL chances maybe next year.

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
I am very afraid Chicago moves Jokiharju. Ever since Colliton took over, he hasn't been the biggest fan of Joker and used him less and in less situations than Quenneville did

Cant see Boqvist getting moved. He's been absolutely tearing it up in London the last few months

I have had the opportunity to watch Boqvist quite a bit this season; great offensive instincts and a terrific skater but is a defensive nightmare. A younger, smaller version of Gustafson.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Before they drafted this "big 4" crop of D he had hype. He has been real solid this season mostly all year top pair F in his first AHL season and began scoring well too.

They have a lot still young maybe second pair LDs, but I see no reason they'd trade Carlsson before he gets some NHL chances maybe next year.
Well that sucks I figured with all those guys mentioned as well as forsling playing and seabrook/Keith going nowhere there might be a chance to make a move

Goodluck hope he turns out to be good, can always say a nobody got one up on nhl scouts when he becomes a good one ha

Kakko the bust

Hughes > Kakko ALL DAY, everyday
Nov 6, 2017
Was he wrong? All 4 are pretty highly rated Jokiharju and Boqvist are already well regarded while Beaudin has been dominant in the Q (should have made Canada over players like McIsaac and Philips who did nothing all tourney) meanwhile Mitchell has been a beast for Denver U in the NCAA.

Uhm No, he is nowhere near McIssac bud.
Keep in mind, McIssac wasn’t played much(played 4games) the last two games he played, he played solid minutes as an 18 year old. Rare considering how canada runs teams.

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown

Forsling useless
Koekkoek lacks size

Do you realize Connor Murphy is 6’4 210 pounds and Slater Koekkoek is 6’2 195 pounds? You may be the only person in these boards who feels they “lack size”.

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
Hawks aren't giving away Mitchell for a pending UFA Dzingle
Hawks should wait for July. Maybe trade Anisimov for cap space/picks and see what UFA'a we can get. We need another Defensive minded D and a solid 2 way forward. Unfortunately Seabs and Keith need to be bottom pairing and or healthy scratches going forward. Murphy is really the only guy that hits. Seabrook hits but I think he uses up to much energy.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I really think you should put the full quote in the first post

Now AND the future is the key term. The hawks are not trading any of their top prospects for a UFA. I would think the only thing that moves the needle for the Hawks would be a package that returns a young top 4 defender with term.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00