Speculation: "One of the Hawks big 4 defensive prospects is not off the the table"

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
They are on a recent tear and sit one point out of a wildcard spot....so the answer may be "help for a playoff push"?

you don't trade a valued prospect to improve your 1 in 5 shot at 2 or 3 extra home games.

nothing the hawks have done this year suggests they think they are contenders. they also will continue to have cap issues for some time so elc players are valuable to them.

so if the hawks are truly willing to move one of these guys i think it's because they do not want the guy.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
you don't trade a valued prospect to improve your 1 in 5 shot at 2 or 3 extra home games.

nothing the hawks have done this year suggests they think they are contenders. they also will continue to have cap issues for some time so elc players are valuable to them.

so if the hawks are truly willing to move one of these guys i think it's because they do not want the guy.
So why not just name "The Guy'?

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Given Chicago's recent hot streak I think they could make a trade like this to get themselves over the hump into the playoffs.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Mike Hoffman has never scored 30 goals. Good chance he does this year.

There is levels to prospects. Boqvist is a blue chip prospect. You’re not trading him for Mike Hoffman.
Blue Chip???? Aren’t blue chips considered to be franchise level prospects or have I been lied to?

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Why trade any of them?
That's your future top 4 with Keith and Seabrook as the 3rd pairing vets.

I mean if Beaudin is part of the ask for a signed Mark Stone, then yea of course he's not "off the table" but otherwise it's not like you want to trade any of those 4.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Mitchell, Boqvist, and Beaudin are not on the table.

Zawaski is suggesting only one of them could be made available and we all know it's Jokiharju. Don't get your hopes up for the other 3. Jokiharju is very solid, but he doesn't have the upside that Mitchell or Boqvist have. He's about equal to Beaudin, but Beaudin is left handed so he fits a need that Joki doesn't.

Joki is the odd man out.
Are you privy to the conversations the Hawks fo has had with its prospects? The talk among posters is that Mitchell is the most "ready". If some of you can see that, don't you think the professional talent evaluators that work for the Hawks can see that too? Then Mitchell sends some conflicting signals about his willingness to sign. With that public information as background, the only reasonable guess is Mitchell - the Hawks want to move Mitchell before the Hawks get "Hayesd".

Regarding the organization giving up on Joker - Joker was picked late in the first round. All those picked after him in the remaining rounds have only about 60 games total played. What does that mean? Joker was rushed because Q saw the abomination that was Manning, and he wanted Joker and Boqvist in the lineup to save his job. What has Joker done at the Rock? Play at a ppg pace. When did one of the Hawks forward prospects put up ppg numbers at the Rock, never mind a d prospect? Yeah, lets give up on Joker.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
The talk among posters is that Mitchell is the most "ready". If some of you can see that, don't you think the professional talent evaluators that work for the Hawks can see that too? Then Mitchell sends some conflicting signals about his willingness to sign. With that public information as background, the only reasonable guess is Mitchell - the Hawks want to move Mitchell before the Hawks get "Hayesd".
“I want to play for the Blackhawks as soon as I can,” Mitchell said. “It’s definitely something in the forefront of my mind. At the end of the season it will be a decision for me and my family if (the Hawks) are going to offer me a contract, and then what my decision is going to be. I think I’m in a great spot.”

Stop spreading lies

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Not to be like that, but 'big 4'?

Was he wrong? All 4 are pretty highly rated Jokiharju and Boqvist are already well regarded while Beaudin has been dominant in the Q (should have made Canada over players like McIsaac and Philips who did nothing all tourney) meanwhile Mitchell has been a beast for Denver U in the NCAA.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
I said "conflicting signals". I'm sure if you spend exactly thirty seconds googling you will find another story saying that he wanted to stay in college. Hint: In the future think through what you are writing to make sure nothing contradicts it. Your story, and my prior story, back up my claim of "conflicting signals", they don't contradict it.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I said "conflicting signals". I'm sure if you spend exactly thirty seconds googling you will find another story saying that he wanted to stay in college. Hint: In the future think through what you are writing to make sure nothing contradicts it. Your story, and my prior story, back up my claim of "conflicting signals", they don't contradict it.
He said he was having lots of fun in college and some announcer misinterpreted it as him wanting to stay all 4 years. Mitchell never sent out mixed signals.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Your story is some announcer saying it one time. His story is a quote from the player. Thanks for coming.

Reactions: Pile

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Was he wrong? All 4 are pretty highly rated Jokiharju and Boqvist are already well regarded while Beaudin has been dominant in the Q (should have made Canada over players like McIsaac and Philips who did nothing all tourney) meanwhile Mitchell has been a beast for Denver U in the NCAA.

Not trashing them as prospects, but not sure I think a "big 4" label is that fitting in the sense that one of them actually might be available, and that being a some kind of big deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad