Speculation: "One of the Hawks big 4 defensive prospects is not off the the table"

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Mitchell, Boqvist, and Beaudin are not on the table.

Zawaski is suggesting only one of them could be made available and we all know it's Jokiharju. Don't get your hopes up for the other 3. Jokiharju is very solid, but he doesn't have the upside that Mitchell or Boqvist have. He's about equal to Beaudin, but Beaudin is left handed so he fits a need that Joki doesn't.

Joki is the odd man out.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
You guys just gonna ice an illegal roster or trade Kapanen instead?

How many cap breakdowns do you need to realize we're under the cap with market value bridge deals for both Kapanen and Johnsson? Even if Marner goes on a 3PPG tear for the rest of the season and bumps his AAV up another million or two, it's going to be guys like Brown that get moved. Hell, Kadri would be a cap casualty before Kapanen or Nylander.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
depends on who u get ultimately. but i wouldnt do it chicago, dont rush the rebuild/retool imo

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I would have np adding Mitchell to Jets, he looks like a stud, can we offer someone like uhmmmm...

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Mitchell, Boqvist, and Beaudin are not on the table.

Zawaski is suggesting only one of them could be made available and we all know it's Jokiharju. Don't get your hopes up for the other 3. Jokiharju is very solid, but he doesn't have the upside that Mitchell or Boqvist have. He's about equal to Beaudin, but Beaudin is left handed so he fits a need that Joki doesn't.

Joki is the odd man out.
If it was specifically Joki, Zawaski would've mentioned as much. Don't understand your fascination with moving Joker for Nylander, especially seeing as how we've score more goals than anyone in 2019.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I'd absolutely love Boqvist on the Rangers but I can't imagine we have the right pieces. Hawks are in a similar type spot.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
If one of the four big defensive prospects gets moved, it will have to be a pretty big haul that really benefits the Hawks as they are far from being in a situation where they have to trade one and they don't need any more big goal scorers. They need a top 4 defensive defense man and a couple of decent two-way players for the bottom six. This could all happen at free agency as the Hawks have the cap space to play with.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Of the four - Boqvist, Joliharju, Beaudin and Mitchell ... bye bye Mitchell.
In order of most likely to least likely to be traded of the Hawks big 4 D prospects:
Mitchell
Beaudin
Jokiharju
Boqvist

I'd go as far as to say that Boqvist is damn near untouchable. Nobody's truly untouchable, but AB is as close as the Hawks have.
I don't see the Hawks trading him for anything short of a massive overpayment.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Something around Mitchell and Dzingle would make me happy (or at least less sad).

I would absolutely make that trade if Dzingel would sign with the Hawks.

I know d-men can play their offside but it's not usually the best situation. Jokiharju, Boqbist and Mitchell are all RDs. The Hawks also have Murphy at RD and Seabrook is refusing to ride off into the sunset so ... again ... bye bye Mitchell.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
I would absolutely make that trade if Dzingel would sign with the Hawks.

I know d-men can play their offside but it's not usually the best situation. Jokiharju, Boqbist and Mitchell are all RDs. The Hawks also have Murphy at RD and Seabrook is refusing to ride off into the sunset so ... again ... bye bye Mitchell.
I’m pretty sure Boqvist prefers the left side. He’s at least played there a fair bit if I recall correctly.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
this does not sound very bowman-esque to me unless he's trying unload a guy they are down on. what exactly would chicago be seeking to achieve by trading prospects they actually value right now?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
this does not sound very bowman-esque to me unless he's trying unload a guy they are down on. what exactly would chicago be seeking to achieve by trading prospects they actually value right now?
They are on a recent tear and sit one point out of a wildcard spot....so the answer may be "help for a playoff push"?

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Not off the table. These rumors scrubs always crack me up with their wordings.

Logjam of prospects is another nice one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad