Speculation: "One of the Hawks big 4 defensive prospects is not off the the table"

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Your story is some announcer saying it one time. His story is a quote from the player. Thanks for coming.
Do you think the announcer lied? In an unguarded moment a kid tells someone what he is really thinking, and then he backtracks later after the kerfuffle he created. I'm just interpreting what is out there.
He said he was having lots of fun in college and some announcer misinterpreted it as him wanting to stay all 4 years. Mitchell never sent out mixed signals.
So you agree it wasn't a lie on my part. And you also admit that you can read the Hawk's fo minds that operating from the same information they agreed with you, and not me, about how to interpret those two facts. And btw, Nylander is a bust since he came back. I would think the Hawks if they did trade with the leafs, would trade for Kapanen since he would be cheaper.

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Not trashing them as prospects, but not sure I think a "big 4" label is that fitting in the sense that one of them actually might be available, and that being a some kind of big deal.
It's a big deal for Hawks fans. Best prospects in our system and the future of our blueline.

Reactions: Ola and SoCalFan

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
no, it wouldn't be different if Dreger tweeted it since it says "Hawks Big 4".

nice recovery tho

Nope, that would be an odd way of putting it. A bit like saying "Pittsburgh is considering trading one of their Big 3 centers"... ;)

BreadManPanarin

Mar 15, 2017
Alex yes. William no.

Alex Nylander would be a pretty big loss for Bowman. Why are you excited about that?

Am i missing something? Not sure why the Hawks fans want Alex Nylander so bad....but if I'm Buffalo, i jump on that.

I feel like Jokiharju is worth more then Alex Nylander

Not in the same realm of player, unless you were talking about Alex?

How many times need a bad joke be repeated before it becomes funny? I'll bet a few more Leafs fans are willing to find out.

BreadManPanarin

Mar 15, 2017
Didn't see other posts. It wasn't a joke anyways, the real joke is even considering Willy for Jokiharju.

I would not be all that surprised if Joker ends up ultimately being the more valuable player. RHD with upside for 55-60 points. Personally I'd rather hold onto him than move him for a $7mil/year Nylander. To each their own.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
its not going to be Boqvist for sure and if the trading partner is a contender this year the only addition that makes sense is Jokiharu as Mitchell and Beaudin are not likely a target as they have not played at this level.

if the trading partner is a team on the upswing but not a serious contender this year then it could be Joker, mitchell or Beaudin.

if I was to pick one of the four to move it would likely be Beaudin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->