OT: One More Off Topic Off Season Thread

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004

How the hell does this happen? RCMP or Police deploy a spike belt trying to catch a suspect... but then just leave the spike belt there and this poor woman runs over the spike belt, gets out to inspect her car and then gets hit by the suspect in doing so? I'd be outraged if I was this woman's family. Such careless deployment of the spike belt and suspect is still at large.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Mom’s $820K Insurance Claim Dismissed After She Was Seen Winning Christmas Tree Tossing Contest​

Damned social media nails them every time!
I've avoided Xmas tree tossing contests for that very reason. They are nothing but trouble.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
So for our mechanical gurus out there, I have a puzzling situation. I can generally diagnose a few things but can’t fix shit, unless it’s pretty basic.

So, during the brutal cold snap a month ago where it got to -45 or colder for 10 days or so, my truck started to leak antifreeze from where the upper road hose is attached to the rad. Fearing the worst I had a cracked outlet on the rad, I took it in hut they weren’t able to look at it for a week due to other vehicles breaking down. Anyways, take it in…they do a pressure test and all that, can’t get it to piss a drop. Holds pressure, won’t leak. They put some new clamps on, sent me on my way.

Truck has been good but then this quick little two day cold snap hits and another f***ing puddle of coolant under the front, sure enough leaking again from the same spot. It’s warmed up today, drove it home after work and no puddle.

My next move is to replace the upper rad hose and put oem compression clamps back on to see if this solves it. Any of you mechanics or DIY’ers ever see this where coolant only leaks when it gets cold out and what the fix was? Something is obviously shrinking enough to allow coolant to bypass. I know I replaced one of the hoses about two years ago (don’t recall if it was upper or lower) so maybe I just have a shitty hose if it was the upper one.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
So for our mechanical gurus out there, I have a puzzling situation. I can generally diagnose a few things but can’t fix shit, unless it’s pretty basic.

So, during the brutal cold snap a month ago where it got to -45 or colder for 10 days or so, my truck started on in the cold to leak antifreeze from where the upper road hose is attached to the rad. Fearing the worst I had a cracked outlet on the rad, I took it in hut they weren’t able to look at it for a week due to other vehicles breaking down. Anyways, take it in…they do a pressure test and all that, can’t get it to piss a drop. Holds pressure, won’t leak. They put some new clamps on, sent me on my way.

Truck has been good but then this quick little two day cold snap hits and another f***ing puddle of coolant under the front, sure enough leaking again from the same spot. It’s warmed up today, drove it home after work and no puddle.

My next move is to replace the upper rad hose and put oem compression clamps back on to see if this solves it. Any of you mechanics or DIY’ers ever see this where coolant only leaks when it gets cold out and what the fix was? Something is obviously shrinking enough to allow coolant to bypass. I know I replaced one of the hoses about two years ago (don’t recall if it was upper or lower) so maybe I just have a shitty hose if it was the upper one.
I think you are in the right track with hose and clamp, just enough contraction in the cold to maybe open something up.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The baked NBA continuing in their inane ways. This brought to you by the Raptors and MLSE. Only in Toronto?

The same league that had a Toronto singer CHANGE the lyrics of the Canadian National anthem in an NBA allstar game played in the US.

The same league that emblazons political messages on the court and has players wearing jerseys with political mesages.

But a decidedly different take with fans. This is somewhat old news, but the events continue.

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2