OT: One More Off Topic Off Season Thread

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
IMG_3785.jpeg

Picked these up in Lexington Kentucky this weekend.

If we win the cup I am drinking one of these entire bottles (with friends) in 1 sitting that very night in celebration.

Edit - the other is for when Calgary is eliminated

Last edited:

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I try to avoid venturing into Edmonton as much as possible but we unfortunately had to spend most of the day there yesterday. Maybe it’s the fact that I haven’t lived in the city since 2021 and I’ve been de-sensitized to it but traffic congestion seems far worse than I ever remember it being. The whitemud in particular was terrible but it just seemed like there is so much more traffic then I remember.

The other thing I thought was interesting was how much more expensive gas was in the city. In the city we saw regular between 1.43-1.47 which seems really high considering everywhere in Spruce/stony is currently around 1.25 and most of the other surrounding communities are in that range while the city seems to be .20 more in some cases.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
more crazy 70's music from the UK..

They guys in white dancing? Roadies--there are some great articles in the web describing how "lubed" the boys were when they did this

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Parts of this city that you'd think would not suck but do indeed suck.

I live around 106 street and about 15 blocks south of whyte avenue. Quite often I go for walks north to whyte or beyond to the river valley.

Earlier this summer two days in a row I walk by this apartment at like 9:30 am and music is blaring so loud I am thinking, god i am glad i do not live in that apartment or any of the ones around it.

A few days later I go by there and there are cop cars all over the place and police tape, a person got murdered there.

Today I walk the same route and look down one alley way, two cop cars lights on between a house and an apt.

One block further i look to the left and four cop cars in front of an apartment and police tape around the place, two more cop cars in the back , one more one block over. (Probably will hear about yet another murder in the coming days.)

This is all in a small area between 104-107 street and probably 78th to 81st ave,

Totally sucky part of the city.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
more crazy 70's music from the UK..

They guys in white dancing? Roadies--there are some great articles in the web describing how "lubed" the boys were when they did this

Lol, I have no idea how you find this stuff, but it's pretty funny and bizarre!

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I try to avoid venturing into Edmonton as much as possible but we unfortunately had to spend most of the day there yesterday. Maybe it’s the fact that I haven’t lived in the city since 2021 and I’ve been de-sensitized to it but traffic congestion seems far worse than I ever remember it being. The whitemud in particular was terrible but it just seemed like there is so much more traffic then I remember.

The other thing I thought was interesting was how much more expensive gas was in the city. In the city we saw regular between 1.43-1.47 which seems really high considering everywhere in Spruce/stony is currently around 1.25 and most of the other surrounding communities are in that range while the city seems to be .20 more in some cases.

The Whitemud is f***ed due to the construction on Terwillegar Drive.

I went for an errand the other day at 5ish and drove east from 119th st to Gateway. The traffic was backed up westbound the whole way. I imagine it probably extends westbound from Gateway to 53rd ave.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I like this song from the last 60s

Thanks for this! In all the time I've ever heard it, I always thought it was a Motown song with a black singer.

Edit: Just figured it out via Google. The version I probably heard was a 1974 version done by a black artist name Carl Carlton, which had a bit of a disco flavour as well. And the original was done by another black artist name Robert Knight, who recorded it one year earlier than Love Afffair, but with more limited airplay and success. So I guess my instincts were correct.

However, this version by Love Affair was the most popular, which fits the narrative for so many great songs done by black artists back in those days, who never got the credit they deserved, and the tunes only achieved mainstream popularity and greatness when re-recorded by white artists.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad